“Watch the Steps if You are Upstairs” 2 of 5 stars

Sibonne Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales   |
Ranked #31 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Richardson
“Watch the Steps if You are Upstairs”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed in Room 208 for 4 nights and 109 for 3 nights due to an injury that continued to get worse. The first morning I got up and was so excited about going to the beautiful Grace Bay Beach to put our towels (which are thin and ragged) on two chairs. When going down the stairs, I landed hard on my right foot because the last step is about a 1/3 larger than all other steps. After limping in pain for a few days, I finally went to the island doctor to have it looked at. One of my metatarsal bones fractured from the impact. CAUTION! The stairs are not marked in anyway to let you know this. Steps are suppose to be designed equal distance apart. Since I do aerobics 2 hours daily, this made my trip very disappointing. The water and beaches are beautiful and I was able to painfully get to water and after getting a boot from doctor, wear it down to ocean, remove, and then swim. If you expect a U.S. style hotel, forget it. Bay Bistro is wonderful as well as bar area. Junior is a fabulous bartender as well as his drinks! Get what you pay for in case of hotel, and then some! Sorry to submit such a bad review, but I am now stranded at home with no exercise in my near future!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Mishawaka, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We just returned from our 10 night stay at the Sibonne and have no complaints. Marie handled our reservations (plus 4 other rooms for our guests) from beginning to end. I had lots of questions about the island and she was always prompt in her response.
The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable and everyone in our party thought the same. The hotel is steps from the beach and if you get tired of the salty water, there is a nice, but small pool you can use as well. We actually used it more than we thought we would. We had a younger child with us and he preferred the pool. The beach is amazing! You can snorkel from right outside the hotel and see some pretty cool things. It really can't be beat!
If the resort life is for you, this still might be for you! I'm a Hilton girl and don't like to be uncomfortable at all - this place is great! There is a mini fridge in every room. We made a trip to the grocery store several times and bought stuff to make sandwiches, fruit, etc to save on the cost of going out to eat. There are two stores, the Graceway Gourmet is closest and easier to get to, and IGA, is still close, but you would definitley need a car. We had a car, but some of our guests rented bikes and rode the the Graceway Gourmet.
I'm not sure why people have mentioned the staff being anything other than friendly, I thought they were great. I went to them several times with questions about locations of restaurants, etc and they were always helpful. Every time we went to exchange our beach towels, they would ask how things were going, ask about the wedding, etc. Everyone we encountered working for the Sibonne, from the front desk, to the cleaning staff, to the guys who took care of the property were always ready to greet us and help with any questions we had.

Places to try: Bay Bistro - We were married right outside the hotel/restaurant on the beach. Bay Bistro set up a tent and handled our wedding dinner. The food is amazing!! We also dined with them for breakfast and lunch on a couple of occasions for both and thought it was great! The staff were friendly and they have really good ice cream :)
Pizza Pizza - in the Salt Mills/Ports of Call area very close to the hotel. Good and affordable.
Mango Reef - at the Alexandra, about 3 hotels down and a nice beach walk from the Sibonne. Delicious!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 203 which seems to be the largest other than the apartment. It is "ocean view...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have wanted to go to Turks and Caicos ever since I heard Kelly Ripa talk about it years and years ago on Regis and Kelly. We have traveled to Hawaii several times and taken cruises, but we always thought Turks and Caicos was out of reach financially. As our 25th anniversary was approaching, I started thinking about how TCI was really where I wanted to go. I got an e-mail from CheapCaribbean.com, and I found the package that included the Sibonne'. I thought it sounded too good to be true to be right on Grace Bay Beach at that price point. I did some reading on Trip Advisor, and the reviews made me think this was the place.

Now, it is definitely not for everyone. If you like fancy and big beautiful rooms with luxurious appointments, you will be disappointed. The Sibonne' is like stepping back in time. There are only 20 something rooms, there are only two stories, no fancy lobby, and no elevator. However, the rooms are clean, cool, and comfortable. We stayed in Room 203 which was ocean view, and I posted the view from our room. It had an additional sitting room attached, so we were able to spread out a little. This also gave us an extended balcony with table, chairs, and a lounge. Don't expect a lot of privacy on the balconies because of the lattice separators; it didn't bother us at all. We didn't sit out there much b/c we could take an extra minute and sit on the beach. I did drink my coffee and protein shake out there each morning:) The king size bed was very comfortable, as were the pillows. The mini fridge was just what we needed. We had planned to eat all meals out but breakfast, so it was perfect. We had two nice TVs, but we only turned them on twice.

Here's the deal. I wanted to stay somewhere that I could roll out of bed at and be at the beach in under a minute. Come on! It's Grace Bay! I did not plan on sitting at a pool at all. In Kauai, fancy resorts and gorgeous pools were important because there were so few hotels on an actual swimmable beach. We had to travel to get to different beaches.... which I loved. But this time, I planned to spend all but sleeping and eating time either traveling the island, snorkeling, or laying/reading by the beach and getting in the water when I got hot. The water. Wow. Never seen anything like it. The ocean WAS our pool. Very little waves. Crystal clear, shallow, sandy, no sea weed or rocks. At any rate, we just needed somewhere to sleep, and the Sibonne more than met our expectations. Had it been inland, no way. But its location is perfect.

The beach is wide and uncrowded at the hotel. I could look right toward the Sands or left toward Sommerset and see a lot of crowds on the beach and in the water. There is quite a bit of space between the Siboonne and those two. They are not right next door. You'll see the pics I took that show there were very few people on the hotel beach or in the water. It felt so private and special. We also brought our own ice chest and stocked up on beer, water, and adult beverages when we arrived. We loved being able to sit and drink and not have to wait for a server or go to a bar. We had our toes in the water, hineys in the sand, not a worry in the world, a cold drink in our hands..... the whole time.

Now we did do a half day snorkel trip, and we did rent a car for a day to explore the island. On that day we went to Chalk Sound and Sapadilla Bay as well as explored Blue Hills. We walked to all restaurants except when we had lunch at Las Brisas on Chalk Sound (don't miss that!) and we drove to Sharkbite. Go ahead and skip that. Bad choice on our part. We took a taxi to Coco Bistro which was a beautiful place with outstanding food. Of course, Bay Bistro on the Sibonne property is one of the best on the island, and we ate there three times. Their breakfast is very reasonable, although we only did it once for Sunday brunch,

Stacey at the front desk was very helpful and made calls for us to restaurants and to taxis. The other hotel staff were very friendly if we spoke first. The housekeeping ladies were very sweet and were tickled pink with their tips each day.

Our only negative experience was late on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. There is a public park next to the hotel, and of course the beach is public. That is no problem except that both days a rowdy crowd of young people (different people each day) barged up and sat right next to us on the lounges and under the umbrellas. Mind you we had been experiencing VERY quiet days. No kids, few adults. Paradise. These people were very disrespectful, loud, obnoxious, drinking people who had no consideration for anyone but themselves. Fine if you want to sit up there, but not so fine that you ruined our time. Thankfully it was later in the day both times, so we finally just went to our room. I think it would have been better had I known that was a possibility. We would have rented our car on Saturday to explore. It only happened on the weekend, and I think it only happens at the Sibonne because it has so few guests on the beach at a time. The hotel representative said that it is a complex situation with the locals and that a confrontation might make it worse. That's really too bad. Hopefully what we experienced does not happen often. Again, there was none of that during the week.

When we return to TCI with our three daughters (no plans, but I am speaking positively) we will stay somewhere else unless we can reserve the beach apartment b/c we'll need a kitchen so we can eat more meals in. However, when my husband and I return alone again, we will most definitely book at the Sibonne. It was just so perfect for us. People talk about how Grace Bay is getting too touristy and built up, but as long as the Sibonne stays around, you'll feel secluded in paradise.

TIPS:

Bring snacks and an ice chest if you can fit them in your suitcase.

Bring a blow up raft to float on. I bought a cheap one before I left and then left it there.

We bought a Nikon Coolpix waterproof, wi-Fi camera. Worth the investment.

Bring a back up camera or battery if you do a snorkel trip. We loved Island Vibes!

Use Majestic Taxi - Leonard or Antionette. Awesome people! 649-343-3840
www.majestictaxisandtours.com

The hotel uses actual KEYS not key cards. Be sure to leave them in the room so youdon't get to the airport with them in your pocket. OOPS. Or if you do, I hope you used Majestic b/c Antoinette came back and got them and took them back to hotel for us:)

If you get a lot of tips from the forums on here, which I recommend, be sure to print it all out. In the past, I always relied on pulling posts like directions up on my cell phone, but I only used my phone at the hotel where there is free wi-Fi. When traveling the island I didn't have access. We got lost a few times because of that. There is an island map, but some beaches are just tricky to find!

Don't put car keys in your checked baggage! We learned that the hard way when we got to Dallas and had to drive home to OKC. Our bags arrived four afters after us, and we had to wait. Bummer. Yes, we have key issues.

Enjoy your trip and remember my father's famous vacation quote: "We did not come here to save money or lose weight!"

Room Tip: There's really not a bad room unless you have one of the two right by the front that don't h...
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed at the Sibonne for several days. The beach is beautiful. Love, love, love the beach. Our hotel room was average but desent. It had a smell to it. The smell was very strong. If you have allergies, this is not the place for you to stay. The smell was close to a strong moth ball/strong cleaning solution (my opinion/nose). The first two nights were uncomfortable for me due to the smell. It took me a couple of days to get use to the smell. The hotel needs a major upgrade. I agree with a previous reviewer that the towels need to by upgraded. Towels felt rough.

The staff weren't as welcoming as I expected. Some staff members had bad attitudes.

The Bay Bistro had great food.

I would recommend Bay Bistro but not Sibonne to family or friends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Putnam, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

just returned from TCI and the Sibonne. I stayed at the alexandra for a week so the Sibonne is smaller and quainter. the towels need an update. nice and friendly people and the Bay Bisto has great breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as great ice cream.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We heard of Sibonne from friends. It is small enough to feel personal, with different room options. The Bay Bistro is next to Sibonne's pool and serves all 3 meals and a week-end brunch. There are several large resorts along the beach nearby (e.g. Beaches), but I was glad we stayed at Sibonne to be away from the crowds. We were less than 50 yards from the ocean, with power sugar-like sand.

The Grace Bay beach is worthy of the top 10 beaches in the world!

I would recommend renting a car for one day to see other parts of the island, but you don't
need more than that.

Room Tip: Beach view on the 2nd floor was good, but the others are good too.
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My 9 days on TCI at the Sorbonne have just come to an end. I met up with friends who are touring around the USA and Caribbean. My room was spacious, clean and well-appointed. The king size bed was very comfortable and the air conditioning was quiet and efficient. The view from my room was stunning and I just about fell out of bed onto the beach. The staff were helpful and unobtrusive. Cute little beach cabanas are provided to get out of that Caribbean sun for those of us who don't tan easily and the water was refreshing - love the torquoise colour of the sea. The Bay Bistro is a romantic restaurant belonging to the resort. The meals were delicious. This resort may not compete for luxury with the other resorts that surround it but for a good value, relaxed holiday, it was perfect for me.

Room Tip: I stayed in a Premier Beachfront room. It was a great choice with beautiful views, lots of space an...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Sibonne Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!