“nice and quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Putnam, Connecticut
“nice and quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

just returned from TCI and the Sibonne. I stayed at the alexandra for a week so the Sibonne is smaller and quainter. the towels need an update. nice and friendly people and the Bay Bisto has great breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as great ice cream.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We heard of Sibonne from friends. It is small enough to feel personal, with different room options. The Bay Bistro is next to Sibonne's pool and serves all 3 meals and a week-end brunch. There are several large resorts along the beach nearby (e.g. Beaches), but I was glad we stayed at Sibonne to be away from the crowds. We were less than 50 yards from the ocean, with power sugar-like sand.

The Grace Bay beach is worthy of the top 10 beaches in the world!

I would recommend renting a car for one day to see other parts of the island, but you don't
need more than that.

Room Tip: Beach view on the 2nd floor was good, but the others are good too.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My 9 days on TCI at the Sorbonne have just come to an end. I met up with friends who are touring around the USA and Caribbean. My room was spacious, clean and well-appointed. The king size bed was very comfortable and the air conditioning was quiet and efficient. The view from my room was stunning and I just about fell out of bed onto the beach. The staff were helpful and unobtrusive. Cute little beach cabanas are provided to get out of that Caribbean sun for those of us who don't tan easily and the water was refreshing - love the torquoise colour of the sea. The Bay Bistro is a romantic restaurant belonging to the resort. The meals were delicious. This resort may not compete for luxury with the other resorts that surround it but for a good value, relaxed holiday, it was perfect for me.

Room Tip: I stayed in a Premier Beachfront room. It was a great choice with beautiful views, lots of space an...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Providenciales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I found Sibonne here on TA and it was much appreciated. This hotel is in one of the best spots on Grace Bay. The hotel is small but that allows it to be the closest to the beach. We were litterally about 20 to 30 steps from the beach. All of the other resorts are set so far back that you don't feel like you are getting the value of being on beach front property. By the way we had room 109 which was the next best room to being in the apartments which were on the front facing the beach. We could see the Garden, the Pool and the Ocean from our little back porch. The best part about 109 is you can go out the back of your room (the sliding glass doors) and be 10 steps from the pool. Or go out the front door, walk down the beach access and you are there on the beach, 20-30 steps. It was so close that I came back to the room several times to refill our water bottles with Ice and drinks...just a GREAT location.

The hotel itself is one of the smaller ones on Grace Bay but for the value, to me it was the best. My wife and I are the types that the room just needs to be clean and that's it, no mints, no towel animals, no room service...none of that, we are there to be on the beach and to see everything. And the best part is, the room WAS clean and very nice. Had a King Size bed, coffee maker (which they gave you a pack or 2 of coffee every day for it), little fidge, iron and cable TV, soap, shampoo...alll the things you get at a typical hotel. House cleaning every day.

The ladies at the front desk were great, we checked in and the lady was brief about everything but told me what I needed to know. She gave me 2 towels for the pool and beach and said to bring those 2 back and she would give me fresh ones. They could probably work on their people skills some but they always were nice and friendly when I talked to them. The gentlemen that is at the front that helps with the bags is great too...very nice and will help you with most of your questions. Like I said...you're not going to get pampered here but that is not what we wanted so this was perfect.

Bay Bistro which is next to the pool is a GREAT!! restaurant, great food and what we did to help with the cost of food was eat muffins of fruit in the morning (got at the IGA on the way in) and then go there and have their "Snack Menu" which is from 3:00-5:30. Got an awesome cheeseburger, fries and a pickle for $9. And let me tell ya..it's no snack, it's a meal!...It had to have been a 1/2 pound burger and a plate loaded wtih fries. So just keep that in mind when you go. And then we would eat and appitizer there later that evening for late dinner or just have their awesome desert special, Coconut Cheese cake with Ice Cream and Stawberry's or Fudge Brownie with Ice Cream.

But all in all we had a GREAT experience at Sibonne and the reason we had a great time was we knew what to expect and hopefully this review will help you decide if this is where you want to go. Best place on the beach...at least to me it was.

Room Tip: Like I said in the review...room 109 to me would be the best out of all of them. The closet room to...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Waltham, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here to celebrate our anniversary. We were thrilled to find a place on the beach for such a great price. Unfortunately, this resort left much to be desired in the way of hospitality. When we arrived from the airport to check in at 2pm the woman at the desk hardly looked or spoke to us. I think she said hi and then mumbled to the guy with our bags behind us to check and see if a room was ready. Then no one said anything to us at all until i asked if there was a problem with the room. She acted totally put out and rude when she replied that we were early and check in wasnt until 3 so we would have to wait and see if we could get our room. I apologized but it seemed that we had already ruined her day. The man came back to say that our room was ready and asked us to follow him. The receptionist said not a single other word. Nothing about the resort, what it offered, where to find anything...I mean I wasnt expecting a Ritz Carlton experience but at the very least you could tell me where to get a beach towel. We got to our room which was perfect except that when i booked the trip i thought i purchased an ocean view room and we were clearly facing the courtyard. I called down to reception and asked if i had made a mistake and purchased the garden view. She said no that i had purchased a "balcony ocean view room" Meaning..i could see the ocean from the balcony..Sneaky i thought but laughed it off. We set our stuff down and went about trying to figure out how to get a beach towel, how to get around (bikes, taxi, rental car) we werent really sure what to do. We walked over to the restaurant attached to the hotel (but not a part of the hotel) and asked if they knew what to do. They said that they thought there were towels at the front desk. I should write on the restaurant's page and i will but they too were exceptionally unwelcoming. Even when asked, they could give no recommendations on where to eat, sites to see. When we asked at the restaurant if we could eat at the tables in the sun, the woman told us to ask our waitress and then disappeared. Wait a second, what waitress, we just walked in, we dont even have a table yet. We finally got another waitress to talk to us and said that those tables were only for use during dinner so we would have to sit somewhere else. Then she walked off! You would think with only 3 tables that had people at them that it wouldnt have been a big deal for us to eat at one of the empty tables in the sun. By the time we got to the beach on our first day we were pretty exhausted with all the people who spoke to us like it was an imposition for us to be breathing much less bringing our business to their resort and restaurant. Regardless of the unwelcoming attitude the price was fantastic and the location was great!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I am a first timer to TCI, but I have extensively travelled the Caribbean. I was pleasantly surprised and very satisfied with Sibonne. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, ac works well, surroundings are beautiful and intimate, and the staff are very nice. It truly is the best value on Grace Bay. I hesitated writing the review, because I want to keep it to myself, but that is selfish.

The hotel is well maintained. I had a cracked shower head in the bathroom and it was changed within the hour!

The beautiful beach is so to the hotel, and they have nice little pool on the premises to go in after being in the ocean all day. I can't fault it for anything. It ticked all my boxes!!

Regarding what a recent reviewer commented on about the staff, you would get the impression that the people are less than friendly, but you have to take the initiative to engage the staff and open up to them a little bit and they will respond. My husband is a people person and the staff all loved him by the time we left. He asked their names and he remembered them. He wanted to know about their children and home life. I think part of it is cultural and part of it is they are use to people treating them like servants. The service business is a tough one. If you have ever been a waitress, you would know. I know that doesn't justify poor treatment, but I wouldn't write them off so quickly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Back home again to the Sibonne. What a nice place to relax and unwind. This is my 3rd stay at Sibonne Beach Hotel. This time around I relaxed more on the beach. The resort has provided more palapas and beach umbrellas. In prior visits you had to rise early to lay claim to a chair and palapa. People watching and wading in the water is what its all about. Resort management changed the format of the reception area. Previously you had to enter the reception through the door. Now there is a glass partition where you speak to them outside. This has its advantages. The old reception space was closed-in and tight. If there were more than one client waiting to be served then maneuvering in the tight space was a feat unto itself. Also the computer which is free to use is now on the opposite wall with a stand for book donations from people who stayed at Sibonne in the past. The garden is done well and housekeeping was okay. They were late with cleaning my room on two occasions. I actually had to remind the front desk that my room was not clean. They did respond promptly and I was satisfied. The Bay Bistro was good. Junior is one of the best bartenders in the Caribbean. His personality and his attentiveness as well as professionalism makes all customers comfortable. The food as well was up to its high standards. The waitresses do a superb job and I commend them for it. I ventured out most of the time to eat. Hemingways, Bella Luna and Tiki Hut had good food. Also did day trips to North and Middle Caicos where development is at the level where Provo used to be back in the 1980's. Chalk Sound is a wonderful sight to see. Overall my stay at the Sibonne was very good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Sibonne Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!