“Serenity,beauty and peacefully quiet....” 5 of 5 stars

You added Royal West Indies Resort to your Saves list
Royal West Indies Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Grace Bay, PO Box 482, Providenciales   |
Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
“Serenity,beauty and peacefully quiet....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I can't say enough about the time we had here (2-6). My wife and I wanted to come back to grace bay since being here twice before but did not want to pay a lot like before. I kept researching different resorts for price and reviews and found this gem! If u want comfort ,good food and all around great value this is it! When I say this, I mean this in relationship to the costs of turks and cacois. By no means this island is cheap but in our eyes this beauty is like no other! Our third time and still in awe with the beach and water(been traveling exclusive in the caribbean) and this is greatest of all of them. The sand is like talcum powder and the water mesmerizing. This is our first time not picking and all inclusive resort (only 2 on the island) soo we very skeptical about service, comfort and the final bill when all said and done. Yes we gambled with hurricane season upon us but paid off in volume , the resort was empty and received a 3rd floor wrap around balcony. They have a full restaurant and bar,because of low season 2-4-1 happy hour 3-7. We ate dinner 3 nights of our trip there with total smiles on our faces eating fresh caught fish daily from the ocean ,great drinks and attentive waiters. There are other restaurants all over the island known for great food but (once again $$$$) but for price, convenience and all around great time this is the pelican bay restaurant. The view from our balcony was priceless, we would watch the sunset every evening from there and was surprised the refrigerator had a complimentary bottle of champagne to celebrate my birthday. In our opinion this resort cannot improve much more! If your looking for the total package this probably is it, but it might have to come in hurricane season. My name is suntanden, and beware I got burnt and its October.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed at The Royal West Indies in March of 2012 (the post only says Oct 2013 because March 2012 wasn't a choice). My wife and I got married there at the resort on the beach. We had hired an independent wedding planner and everything went well. The beach is amazing and clean. Very blue and clear, and when I was there the waves were quite big compared to normal, which I love. Good body surfing. I have been to several places in Mexico, Punta Cana, and other places, and this beach is better than all of them.

The Royal West Indies is more of a condo style hotel, where people own the units and rent them out most of the year, but the rooms still felt like a hotel. Very clean, well kept, and comfortable. We had a full sized fridge, small kitchen, sitting area, comfortable bed, and a nice shower. The deck was quiet and over looked the pool and gardens. No complaints there.

The bar area was fun and we met a lot of nice people from all over the U.S. and Canada. Mario and the other bartenders were great. My only compliant is that the bar closed a bit early, but some people may prefer it that way.
The food was good. It was bar food with an island twist, but we enjoyed it. Most other places are quite expensive, so having a local place to eat good food was nice.

The pool was a good size and was a fun place to lounge and have drinks. The only thing they could do better would be to skim the top a little more often. I would always see a few bugs or leaves floating in it. Made me not want to get in a few times. Don't get me wrong, the pool and was nice and it was clean water, but there shouldn't be anything floating. Otherwise the grounds were beautiful.

We did have a few problems with our door lock breaking, but they made a good effort to get it repaired and did so rather quickly.

I would recommend this resort to anybody. Great value for the money, considering Provo is generally expensive.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is a lovely, lovely boutique resort!! The staff are warm and friendly, the grounds are beautifully maintained with gorgeous gardens, the beach is one of the best on the stretch and the rooms are comfortable, spacious and clean. I went with friends for my best friends 50th birthday. We had a two bedroom suite that had a fully equipped kitchen, dining area and large living room. Four people shared that suite. And I shared a room with a queen bed with a friend. Both had an ocean view with a nice-sized balcony. The beach had plenty of lounge chairs with umbrellas. We had to get out there early to get a choice spot, but the beach never felt too crowded. The sand was powder white and we could walk along the beach to restaurants. We ate at the poolside restaurant a few times and the food was excellent. The prices were what you would expect at a resort – not cheap but not outrageously expensive. And, we ate poolside which was wonderful. The pools were very nice, but a little crowded at times and it was hard to find a chair unless you got out very early to grab a spot. This is a great resort if you want total relaxation. And, the resort hosted a cocktail party one of the nice with plentiful appetizers, rum punch and great dancing music!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Cottonwood Heights, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

It is true when they say that Grace Bay is one of the best beaches in the world and Royal West Indies had a great location. From the moment I arrived the staff was great. Originally my room was far from the beach, but they were able to upgrade us to beach front. It was a great time to go because kids had just gone back to school so it wasn't crowded. Food in the restaurant was good, and the concierge helped us get set up for diving, but it was Eddy down by the beach that we really connected with. Even though he was just getting us towels, setting up our chairs and umbrellas, and reserving the Hobie cat, he took an interest in us, our lives, and who we were. He always kept an eye out for us and had something good to say. This is one place I hope to return to over and over again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

What a wonderful resort! My husband and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary at RWI. We stayed at the hotel from 9/21-9/25.
When we arrived, we were instantly greeted by Kino and the front desk staff. While checking-in, we were served the most delicious homemade fruit punch I have ever had in my life! The room, which had a small kitchenette (refrigerator, sink, microwave), was very clean. The housekeeping staff supplied us with fresh towels each day. The grounds were beautiful and very well maintained. Three amazing pools graced the resort, along with an awesome bar at the main pool. Mario was a great bartender and made the most delicious pina coladas. Happy hour is from 5PM-7PM everyday...worth the wait!
When you finally make your way to the beach, Grace Bay will take your breath away. There are no words to describe its beauty.
Other tips:
--Suitable for couples or families.
--RWI is an easy bike ride (bikes provided by the hotel) to the Graceway Gourmet-IGA (serves delicious hot food) and within walking distance to several of the nicer restaurants.
--Rent a moped
--Bugaloos (most incredible location, bring your swimsuit), Mr. Groupers (fantastic hospitality), and Hemingway's (great service) were awesome restaurants.
--Mackey (our taxi driver) was a wonderful host and most helpful.
--Smith's Reef (don't forget your snorkel gear + drops) -- AMAZING!

Thank you to all of the staff at RWI for making our vacation one for the memory books!
See you soon!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

All I can say is WOW. The room was immaculate, I wasn't expecting it to be that nice. Well maintained suite, I noticed felt strips on the cabinet so they don't scratch anything. The room included: a washer/dryer, microwave, mid size refrigerator, hd Samsung flat screen with a blueray player, not that we spent a lot of time in room but nice to have. The inside was very clean. The outside was well maintained, I saw the staff cleaning all the time, even if it wasn't dirty. Staff was excellent and friendly. Can't say enough about it. Close to grocery store, 6 minutes by bikes they supplied. Still here and enjoying all of it.

• Stayed September 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Recently my girlfriend and I vacationed at RWI from 8/31 to 9/6. We chose RWI based on the recommendation of a family friend who owns a unit there. We could not have been more pleased with our stay. RWI is situated on the one of the better strips of beach than many of the resorts, with ample sand before the water. Not every resort can boast the same with narrower areas.. Also, RWI is a smaller resort, so there is not the crowded feel of some of the other places. The units are well maintained, and the grounds are immaculate. The staff was excellent and Tanisha at the front desk was the answer to any taxi, restaurant reservation, car rental or general question we had. I highly recommend this property as it is an excellent value. Although there are newer and more extravagant properties, RWI will deliver so save your $$$ for the awesome restaurants on the island. Can't wait to return. If anyone has any questions I will be glad to answer via a direct message.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Royal West Indies Resort? Share your experiences!