We booked our stay at the Royal West Indies (RWI) because we specifically wanted a place that had direct access to the beach but would be smaller and quieter than one of the major resorts. We had no need of exercise equipment, activities for children, swim up bars, on-site spas, water slides, etc. The RWI ended up being just what we expected and wanted. The resort provides very good basic/modest accommodation and has a great beach but it is far from being a 5 star full service resort or hotel. It’s probably not even 4 star, if that’s what you are looking for you will be disappointed. If you’re looking for active nightlife and bar scene the RWI is also not the place for you.
The RWI is an 8 building complex of 3 story walk-up condos. I’m going to estimate that each building has around 15 condos, give or take. FYI, I don’t believe any of the buildings have elevators. The units are privately owned condos which I assume the owners put into a rental pool. We had a one bedroom unit on the main floor with pull out sofa in Building 3. Building 1 is the closest to the beach with Building 8 the farthest. With the exception of Building 1, I’m going to say none of the other buildings have what I would consider an ocean view worth paying a premium for. All the units should be self contained condos with full kitchen and in-unit washer and dryers. Since the units are privately owned, I’m going to assume the furnishings and level of upkeep may slightly vary from unit to unit. The comments we have about our unit are:
1. It’s time to replace the shower curtain hooks and shower curtain inside liner. The inner liner was starting to show mold and mildew. It’s a pretty cheap item to replace on a regular basis.
2. The bathroom light fixture needs to be cleaned.
3. The bathroom tile grout is starting to show a bit of mold and mildew. I’m fussy about this and housekeeping needs to watch out for this.
4. The TV in the bedroom was the old style tube type. It's time to upgrade to a flat screen, they are not that expensive anymore. The TV in the living room was a flat screen.
The people that worked the resort were all very nice and accommodating. The front desk even called the day of our check-out to see if we needed a taxi or help with our luggage. We had a “very good” stay at the RWI. Fix the 4 items that we mention above and it becomes an ”excellent" stay.
This was our first time in the TCI and we have a few comments regarding the "Provo" area:
1. They (the Government) should hire a couple of people to pick up garbage and empty bottles along the major road ways. It's such a beautiful place, please clean it up a bit.
2. Please do something about the wild dogs roaming the beach area.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Amex, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Royal West Indies Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal West Indies Hotel Providenciales
- Royal West Indies Providenciales
- Royal West Indies Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales