My husband and I stayed in the West Royal Indies Resort in Turk & Caicos from April 22-April 27. We stayed in Building #2. We found the hotel very comfortable and the grounds well maintained. I absolutely loved the beach and proximity to water. The view from our hotel was very nice, we were able to see the ocean, although next time we would opt for building # 1. My other observations were as follows:
1) We found the front desk to be helpful and courteous; I think some negative opinions are exaggerated.
2) The hotel room was equipped with a fridge and sink; which was very helpful, plus all kitchen dishes and accessories that you need.
3) The hotel’s restaurant and bar was really mediocre; the service was slow and food was very average. Drinks were subpar and expensive.
4) The hotel’s lobby is equipped with a computer, but there is no printer. At least I did not see one. Wi-fi in our room did not work very well.
5) The hotel has a pool, but we did not try it.
6) The hotel is located near some really great restaurants, such as Coco Bistro (make sure you try it!) and Coyaba. We also walked to Hemingway’s; too bad it was really far, because it was one of our favorite places.
7) There was a long walk or a bike ride to the grocery store, which is very expensive (think Whole Foods twice the prices).
8) The grounds are well maintained and everyone was very helpful. Special thanks to Eddy for cleaning our conches.
Overall, I think this is a nice resort. However, if you are looking for a luxurious hotel with spa and gym this is not a place for you, but if you are looking for a value, you should give it a try.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Royal West Indies Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal West Indies Hotel Providenciales
- Royal West Indies Providenciales
- Royal West Indies Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales