“You can't go wrong!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Caledon, Canada
“You can't go wrong!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

At the end of a lovely vacation where we rented a town home, in Turks and Caicos, we had to scramble to make new plans. We were at the airport when Tropical Storm Cristobal decided that nothing was arriving and certainly, nothing was leaving. As the downpour continued, I became ill and was taken to hospital. Upon my release, it was necessary to find new accommodations for a few days until the airport re-opened. The Ports of Call Resort made room for us and on that first night, I was again taken ill. The next morning, the manager, a wonderful lady named Kendra, saw us and immediately arranged for my transportation back to the hospital. She personally braved the refuge to have my prescriptions filled at a nearby pharmacy. As busy as they were during the storm, Kendra found time to visit me in the hospital. We were treated like royalty by everyone and all of the staff were friendly and happy. A big two thumbs up from me! I would give them six stars out of seven if I could!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
DPAPKE, Owner at Ports of Call Resort, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit such a positive review. I was not on island at the time of your stay with us but Kendra communicated your unfortunate need to go to the hospital and I am very proud of her efforts to minimize the effects of your ordeal. Best wishes...hope we have the honor to host you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

My family and myself would like to thank the staff at the Ports of Call Resort for making our first time to Turks and Caicos a very memorable holiday. We definitely will be going back to Turks and Caicos and staying at the Ports of Call Resort.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
So happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you are able to return to the island in
the future. Thank you for taking the time to submit such a positive review.
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

This small, friendly hotel was the perfect home away from home during our stay. Rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Make sure you say 'hi' to Watson when you get there (at the bar). Watson will help you with any questions and is just a really nice man. I would stay there again. Great place for families. The pool is very well maintained and there is comfortable patio furniture, lots of umbrellas and seating. The hotel is very close to the beach - don't let the reviews scare you. You basically cross the road, and walk down a wide path right to the beach - 5 minutes! (if you have trouble with that walk then the hotel does shuttle people there). And oh what a beach it is! Beautiful soft sand, turquoise water - paradise!
There is a very nice grocery store a few minutes walk from the hotel where you can pick up snacks, drinks (including alcoholic), pre-made food and a great cappuccino that rivals any I've had in Toronto. There is a bar fridge in the room to keep everything cool. Even though the grocery store is a little pricey, doing this still saves your a lot of $. Take advantage of the continental breakfast too. It's a decent spread and you should have no trouble finding something to start your day. The lady who works in that area keeps everything well stocked and clean. We also starting going to a small ice cream/patty place near the hotel for lunch. Patties were great and cost-effective and if you want something a little more substantial they always have a home-made dish for under $10. Restaurants and cabs were way more expensive than we expected! Strongly consider renting a car. We will do this for at least 1/2 our stay next time we visit. You can pay an extra $10 to drop off your car at the airport and that alone saves you the $70 cab fare.

Room Tip: Get pool view if you can.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review. I am sure Watson and Millamie sincerely appreciate your positive comments. I hope that you do get an opportunity to visit with us again.
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

This hotel was exactly what we were looking for. I highly recommend this hotel. We traveled to Providenciales with our 3 children and my parents. My parents also stayed at this hotel in their own room and enjoyed their stay as well.

Our room had a king size bed and a pull out sleeper sofa. The beds are separated by a 1/2 wall of frosted glass which does give a nice separation. Our youngest is almost 2, the older girls slept in the pull out sleeper. Both beds still have a good view of the flat screen tv. The room also had a fridge and plenty of room for our clothing (in cabinets, dressers etc.) The bathroom is very modern and does include a shower clothes line which we used every minute we stayed there. The entire room and bathrooms are very updated and had beautiful decor. The bed was comfortable and my kids didn't complain about the sleeper (which they did at a hampton inn in Fl recently).

We spent a lot of time at the beach snorkeling and therefore sand was constantly on our floor - and so were cheerios. I have to commend the housekeeping staff for staying on top of it, every day our room was very clean and towels were replenished. I felt guilty because it must have been like groundhog day (more sand and cheerios on the floor!) - if I had a broom I would have done it myself!

This hotel is really a short walk from the beach. Our kids walked it every day without issue. I think we drove once the day we were supposed to get picked up by a tour boat to make sure we weren't late. The beach is incredible in this section - just breathtaking! and it really is a great feature to have the chairs and umbrellas available, we utilized them. I don't mind paying the $8 for the convenience and would prefer it this way rather than a resort fee getting tacked on even if i don't use the amenities as other hotels do.

I also loved the location and proximity to the nearby Graceway Gourmet, the small restaurants like Patty Place and the bakery nearby. It was a huge convenience.

I can't say enough about the beautiful grounds of this hotel and its boutique size. it was such a pleasant experience to sit at one of the many tables or chaise lounges/umbrellas by the pool and watch my kids swimming. We ate breakfast and lunch here many times because there are such lush plants and fruit trees (bananas, papaya, coconut), cute lizards frolicking around, and constant breezes. It was always comfortable even midday and there was always shade to be found. I enjoyed that the pool area is appropriately sized and we didn't have to fight with anyone for chairs like you do at some larger resorts in the Caribbean or Fl.

The pool itself was always clean and felt so smooth on our skin, the entire property was always looking perfect. They have really planned things out perfectly. - the staff does a great job; there is never a piece of garbage laying around, there are enough garbage cans, there is a foot wash for your sandy feet - i could go on and on :)

There was also an outdoor pool table and table tennis. The bar had board games too but we didnt manage to use those.

If you are looking to be ensconced in luxury this is not that place - but if you are looking for a clean, modern, beautiful stay, then you've found it. it was a very stress free stay.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a room overlooking the pool on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
On behalf of all the team at Ports of Call I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit such a detailed review which will undoubtably be beneficial to both the resort and potential guests.
Banff, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I went on a week long diving trip in April 2014 to go for my Advanced Open Water Certification with PADI. Was very impressed with the quality and friendliness at this property. The pool area was beautiful and the gardens were very well cared for which really make the place look very charming. The hotel is right beside the dive shop so it was very convenient NOT to shuttle from one of the mega resorts. The breakfast in the morning was lovely, fresh fruit, cheeses, yoghurt, toast and sometimes cold cuts. I was very impressed with the friendly staff and the quality of my room. The wander to the beach was super easy. It was also a short stroll across the street to the grocery store which was helpful to buy an excellent selection of healthy fruits and snacks for out on the dive boat. This hotel is located near many top notch restaurants and I found the whole experience to be very rewarding. A peaceful paradise for a solo traveler.

Room Tip: Ask to be on a room that is not overlooking the pool. It much quieter and the evening breeze is love...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. So happy you enjoyed your trip to Turks and Caicos and your stay at Ports of Call.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I stayed here last year with my family just after Christmas. While I loved Turks and Caicos, I recommend staying at a different resort. Ports of call is not directly on the beach, the rooms are small and our air conditioning didn't work as well as it having a very expensive bar and no restaurant. I really enjoyed this vacation but it could have been much better if I had stayed somewhere else.

Stayed August 2014
DPAPKE, Owner at Ports of Call Resort, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
As I am somewhat suspicious of a poor review being submitted eight months after a stay I would really appreciate if you could contact me directly and further explain your concerns. Our resort is only 300 yds from our own staffed beach which is clearly defined in all our marketing so you would have been aware of this when booking. Our rooms are considered oversized for studios and our bar prices are lower than most of the hotels on the island. Don't lose sight of the fact that you probaly chose to book our resort because our prices are significantly less than most of the other resorts on the island . I am sorry that we disappointed you but we honestly believe that we provide Four Star Quality and Service at Three Star pricing and as you will see from the majority of the other reviews. most of our guests recognize the value we provide.
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Stayed here early July 2014. Watson at the bar was very helpful with tourist advise as was Evelyn at the front desk. Although not right on the beach, the hotel is only a short walk away from the beach - as well as a short walk to restaurants and Graceway food store. Hotel is updated and very clean. Breakfast was provided near the lobby - much more than continental breakfast. Hotel was just the right size - 3 storeys only. Nice pool too.Looking forward to returning another time and would gladly stay again at Ports of Call.

Room Tip: We liked our third floor room overlooking pool. Would probably select one with a balcony next time.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
On behalf of Evelyne, Watson, myself and all the team at Ports of Call I would like to thank you for both taking the time to submit such a great review but also for choosing to stay with us.
We all look forward to your return visit.

Been to Ports of Call Resort? Share your experiences!