My 10-year-old son and I stayed at Ports of Call for a week at the end of June. This was our first big trip together, and as a single mom I was a bit nervous to travel with him alone. I shouldn't have worried at all! The staff at Ports of Call - Evelyn in particular - made us feel welcome, comfortable and safe. Watson, the bar tender, was really nice. And we met a great taxi driver named Dan (ask the front desk, they'll know who he is) who we relied on to get us around the island when we wanted to venture further afield. Dan will also do a driving tour of the island for you, at a nominal fee (get him to take you to Bugaloo's for lunch - right on the beach!).
After reading the Trip Advisor reviews, I knew not to expect luxury, but we stayed in one of the renovated rooms and it was clean and lovely. (Who wants to be at the hotel all day anyway when the beaches are so great?!) Breakfast was modest, but did the trick and was free. We went to Lemon2Go a couple times as well for really great coffee (for me) and smoothies (for my son). They have delicious baked goods too.
The pool at Ports of Call was nice and clean - just fine for us. A couple times there were scuba lessons, which was a bit of a drag as they took up half of the pool, but then we'd head to the beach. Grace Bay Beach is only a short walk, or you can take the 'Maserati' with Tristan. If you have younger children or mobility issues, I'd suggest getting a lift, but for most it's an easy walk. The water was perfect, the beach was clean, and we were able to rent umbrellas and grab chairs fairly easily. There was also lots of room on the beach, which was refreshing.
Ports of Call is a short walk to many amenities: grocery store, bank, restaurants, shopping, art galleries, dive shop, and Silver Deep (we went on three Silver Deep tours - pricey but fun). My favourite restaurant - Caicos Cafe - was a very short walk away (also pricey, but such fresh seafood!).
I would highly recommend this hotel if you're looking to spend more money on experiencing T&CI than on accommodations. We would certainly go back again.
*Note: There isn't much for kids to do at the resort in terms of planned activities, so you're the entertainment, parents! We got lucky and there were a few other boys my son's age staying there at the same time as we did. But the pool isn't too deep, there is a pool table for those old enough and there is a ping pong table, which we gave quite a workout. ;)
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Ports Of Call Hotel
- Comfort Suites Ports Of Call Hotel Providenciales
- Comfort Suites Providenciales
- Providenciales Comfort Suites
- Ports Of Call Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in a trendy well located resort in the center of Grace Bay with its own beach and free chaise lounges a mere 300 yards away.Common areas and 98 guest rooms have been recently fully renovated.Free Wi-fi, continental breakfast,swimming pool,hot tub, fitness room, children's play ground,hourly beach shuttle service via a 8 person golf cart and 3 bars and restaurants, dive shop, spa, car rental and a variety of souvenir shops in adjacent resort plaza. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Ports of Call Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.