I traveled to Turks with a friend last year and it was a great relaxing experience. We were picked up promptly at the airport and the ride was about 20 minutes from the airport to the hotel. They allowed us to do an early check-in. Since we booked our hotel/flight with a Jetblue package the $8 a day energy fee was included in that package. Our room was big enough for two with twin beds. The room was clean and it had sufficient towels, clean bedspread and the bathroom was neat and very tidy. One thing I do recommend is to bring a very good conditioner I did feel like the water in the shower made my hair feel like straw. I used the hair products provided by the hotel and i regretted not bringing my own. Continental breakfast consisted of pastries, cereal, yogurt, coffee, juice nothing too fancy but satisfying. The supermarket was accross the street and yes it is expensive. It was pricier than NY supermarkets and the food in NY is not cheap either. The restaurants accross the street were reminiscent of maybe an Applebees they really were not my type of dining. The menus consisted of pastas, pizzas nothing that I wanted to spend money on. I guess to experience maybe the fresher food like seafood visiting the other restaurants is a must. Unfortunately we didnt rent a car (we dont drive). I do have to say that a car is recommended when visiting Turks. I have a feeling we missed out since we could only stay within our vicinity. We were two girls alone and didnt want to venture out where we didnt know how safe we would be. The beach was about a 5-10 minute walking distance with such a beatiful scenery walking was not a problem for us. The beach wasnt crowded ever and we had access to beach chairs any time of the day. Turks is not at all like a South Beach or Cancun I felt like it was more couples or maybe locals or families. There was never partying or loud music or loud people which was nice. I did the horseback excursion with Provo Ponies and it was amazing the best part of the trip for me. I was terrified but got the hang of it and it was so amazing. We were picked up on time and dropped off on time as well from the horseback excursion. The next day we did a boat ride where we ate a conch salad and drank rum punch. I cant swim ( i know loser) so I missed out on the snorkeling in the middle of the ocean with the most beautiful shade of green/blue water I have ever seen. I do have to say it was the most relaxing vacation I have ever had.
The only thing I would opt for in a second visit would be staying in all inclusive hotel. The supermarket food was expensive and the restaurant food was expensive as well. There wasnt a little hole in the wall where you can taste fresh food at a discount. So I would probably just spend the extra $100 that an all incusive will cost. This package was about $560 on Jetblue including taxes and fees and the energy $8 fee from the hotel. Provo Ponies was $89 and this included the taxi pick up and drop off. The snorkeling excursion was $89 both excursions were worth the money. I did feel like I got my moneys worth.
**Since you have to remove the energy key when exiting the room this made it difficult to purchase food at the market and save. So obviously things that could spoil we were not able to purchase. I saw a lot of people purchasing food which is a good idea but our room did not allow that.
The hotel also provided free wi-fi and we had service even out on the beach..the staff was friendly and super nice. My friend requested a fresh coconut and they got one for her free of charge (she just tipped) I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in a trendy well located resort in the center of Grace Bay with its own beach and free chaise lounges a mere 300 yards away.Common areas and 98 guest rooms have been recently fully renovated.Free Wi-fi, continental breakfast,swimming pool,hot tub, fitness room, children's play ground,hourly beach shuttle service via a 8 person golf cart and 3 bars and restaurants, dive shop, spa, car rental and a variety of souvenir shops in adjacent resort plaza. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Ports of Call Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Ports Of Call Hotel Providenciales
- Comfort Suites Providenciales
- Providenciales Comfort Suites
- Ports Of Call Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales