“Not the Ritz, but still Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Caribbean Paradise Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Grace Bay, Providenciales   |
Ranked #23 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Brooklyn
“Not the Ritz, but still Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Fantastic location and service. Wen (manager, concierge, receptionist) is absolutely fantastic. Wen was very gracious in booking our diving/snorkeling excursion, our kayaking trip and our taxi for departure.

I stayed in a King Patio Room first floor overlooking the pool and it was nice, relaxing. The room was very comfortable and has all the basics and more. I was able to sleep very well, the bed was very comfortable. Bed was made daily and towels were changed every day as well. Toiletries (shampoo/conditioner) were replenished automatically by staff when they ran low. Ran the fan and A/C at night --didn't have any noticeable outside noise. Big basket of sunscreen/aloe for shared use at the front desk. $15 breakfast (upon request) that can be eaten in the breakfast area or brought to your room. Microwave and water dispenser in the breakfast area that you can access any time of day. Has all of the important vacation cable channels (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, USA, Food Network, Spike TV, local FL news) Bloomberg and ESPN, etc. Shampoo, conditioner and soap provided as well. Internet speed was also surprisingly good. (I only used it to check my email and trip-advisor, i imagine for movies or other high bandwidth activities it may not be as good.) Other amenities that were great: beach towels, poolside lounge areas, lounge chairs on the beach, beach umbrellas you can borrow from the front desk to go to the beach, snorkel and bikes you can rent. Bar also located by the reception area and tv to watch world cup if you want to watch it with other people.

You may see some local wildlife in the vicinity (geckos, spiders and ants) by the pool, patio, and room but there wasn't really anything that bothered me and I am not one who likes insects. I escaped the island with 1 mosquito bite which ceased t itch on the 2nd day which is a miracle because usually I get swarmed and bites swell immediately and hang around for weeks. AND I did not use any insect repellent whilst on the island despite the fact I had it with me -- I did not feel like I was in great danger though I was careful.

Location: Twenty minutes by taxi to/from the airport. My taxi from airport came to $40 and the taxi Wen ordered for me to airport was $33. The Inn is a quick 5 minute walk to the beach across the parking lot/sandy area to board walk. 15-20 minute walk to the Caicos (french) Bakery/shops/bar and gourmet grocery store (similar to Whole Foods). Did I mention the Fabulous Grace Bay Beach is only 5 minutes away?

Coyaba Restaurant is also next door ($230 for 2 people: 2 drinks, 2 apps, 2 entrees, 1 desert). Casablanca casino down the street (blue orb lighting).

The Caribbean Paradise Inn exceeded all of my expectations and then some. That said, I was not looking for a corporate chain feel (Marriott/Hilton and their associated brands) and other resorts are newer (modern showers, fancy lobby, high-end decor, etc.) and have more amenties (HobieCat, Snorkel, paddleboard, kiteboard). To me, this place really was Caribbean Paradise.

Room Tip: There are 18 rooms here. We had a room in the middle on the first floor. Can't speak to the ot...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This is a simple inn with everything that you could possibly need for an enjoyable vacation. Very accommodating staff. Wen gave us information on the island and we were able to explore on our own. It is in walking distance to supermarket, restaurant, bank. Very safe place with room safe and free Wi-Fi. Beach umbrellas are offered free of charge. At the front desk, there are body lotions, sun tan lotions left by previous guests which they put in a community basket for other guest to use if needed. This came in handy for us as we only had carry-on luggage and was not allowed to pack these items.
Best of all the price is affordable!! Highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Home
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I just got home from spending 8 nights at the CPI. I've stayed at 5 other hotels on Grace Bay, and enjoyed all of them, but would choose this property above all of them. It wasn't big and fancy like the others but didn't have a big and fancy price either. It had everything I needed and more including a free upgraded room. I had a refrigerator, free wi-fi, a safe, a ceiling fan, an air conditioner that was near the ceiling and not at the same level as my bed, a clean room and a very nice sized porch. It was centrally located to everywhere. One of the best assets is Wen. She was so helpful with everything we wanted to do. I felt like I had my own personal concierge! And I didn't have the usual feeling that she was getting a kickback by using a certain company. So for me, I would rather have the many extra $$$ I saved by staying here, to spend in the wonderful restaurants on the Island.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Marietta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

The Caribbean Paradise Inn is small, quiet and simple. I had an upstairs corner room and all rooms open to the courtyard pool. Caribbean Paradise Inn is not located on the beach and you can't see or hear the beach from the hotel. It is a short walk to the beach via a cut through in a parking lot and marked sandy path. The room has a small safe, big shower, louvered windows in bathroom, and the closet has a plastic shelf for clothing inside the closet (no drawers) and hangers for anything beyond shorts. There is a house kitty cat that liked to lay out on the balcony to catch a breeze, and she liked a good pet every now and then. The hotel guests were mostly from the U.S., Europe and U.K.

The owner of the hotel is very lucky to have his main employee Wyn. Wyn was very helpful and friendly - a bit more than I could say for the owner who was much too busy doing repairs/upkeep than acknowledge guests. Perhaps I got him on a bad week. Provo is all about the beach and water and I highly recommend the owner purchase some proper beach umbrellas that can handle the daily breeze instead of the flimsy, consumer style umbrellas. He told one guest it just wasn't "worth the money" and told another guest he was trying to order some to be imported. There is a nice restaurant next door that also plays some good music at night. The bakery is about a 10-15 minute walk and was a great daily treat for me.

Provo beach truly is beautiful and very clean. I was absolutely amazed to see nearly empty beaches during my visit in mid-May. There are lots of water sports, swimming, parasailing, tours to do during your visit. I never encountered any bugs or mosquitoes - yea! The sunsets are absolutely amazing and the dynamics change every few minutes. The locals were all very kind and friendly. As everyone else has stated, it is a rather expensive island because everything is imported and sticker shock is everywhere. The average price of petrol was $6.60 per gallon during my visit. The supermarket about 20 minutes walk from the Inn is clean, well stocked and worth the trip to buy snacks to store in your refrigerator. The airport taxi is $33 each way. There is also a casino a couple of doors down from the Inn to give you another nighttime activity option.

There are tons of hotels, vacation homes, condos and restaurant options on Grace Bay that cater to all budgets. If I were to return to Grace Bay as a solo traveller, I would probably stay at Sibonne Beach Hotel which is right on the beach. Considering it was towards the end of the season, I discovered they were very flexible on their pricing; Caribbean Paradise Inn was not. As a solo traveller I felt safe regardless of where I walked, day or night. Try the funky Mr. Grouper for a taste of local flavor. My thanks to Wyn for being so helpful and friendly! Grace Bay beaches really deserve their high rating from Conde Nast for the last five years - truly beautiful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Great stay, owner met us with complimentary drinks and very was very friendly giving us a wealth of information regarding places to see and things to do. Our room overlooked the pool which was lovely. We were very pleased with the room which was clean and good size, bathroom very well kept with a wonderful large shower. All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed November 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed here for a couple of nights on business trip, hotel booked by company. I'd happily stay again.

The place was quite small and simple, but had a nice atmosphere and character.

Room was simple, but clean, and everything worked. Room opened out onto the poolside which was nice. Many rooms were all situated on two floors around the pool in the centre. pool was small but clean and ok for a little swim after work.

Breakfast was poor though. There were three meal options for breakfast, A, B or C, and one guy makes it in a very small cupboard kitchen. Not the greatest for breakfast options when on the road. But hey, I never died of hunger.

Staff were very friendly and helpful, including doing my laundry for me in self-service machines as I did not have time. Very helpful ladies.

I'd stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This is a great place if you don't want to spend a fortune in TCI for the place where you will just have to sleep! Nice room, clean, good AC, nice bathroom. 5 min walking from grace bay, close to diving center and
Mini market. I would highly recommend to sty here. It's a good hotel, you can't find a
Better deal on these expensive islands.

Stayed June 2014

Been to Caribbean Paradise Inn? Share your experiences!