“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 43 Hotels in Providenciales
Toronto, Canada
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

Excellent value for Turks & Caicos, snug in an enclosed harbour, surrounded by various yachts and sail boats. 3 restaurants within walking distance and a new fair trade coffee house - a nice reminder of starbuck style cafes back home. Nice pool to lounge by. Service is minimal in that no one will wait on you while sitting by the pool but there is a bar you can saunter up to and the office staff, cleaning staff and maintenance folks are all friendly. Beach is about a 10 min walk away through a wooded area. I felt safe enough as a lone traveler, but made sure to be back from the beach by dusk so as not to walk through the wooded area by myself. This hotel was a good $40 USD less per night than anything else we looked at on Provo, excellent value. Grace bay and all its hotels, spas and beach activities are a good 30 min walk down the beach or $15 cab ride away but is excellent value as a base location for traveling around the island. Would be great for business travelers too.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank kammackintosh

Burlington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

Stayed here for 1 night prior to boarding the Aggressor as it was handy to the boat and there are several restaurants within walking distance.

Hotel is getting a little run down but our room had a marina view and was clean.

It was good value as we only paid $79 + tax.

Would not recommend it for an extended stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank t2311ps
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

I am not sure why this hotel gets bad reviews. It is old and worn but I found it to still be clean. The staff were all very kind and helpful. It is close to some great restaurants, including Baci, Tiki Hut, and Sharkbite. The onsite restaurant, called Aqua was closed when I was there.
It was about 10 minutes walk to the Bight Beach.
Another plus was the free wi-fi. I expected it to be slow but it was as quick as my home internet.
The Turtle Cove Inn will not be for everybody but if you travel on a budget like I do, then it will work for you. It cost me $79 a night plus tax.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank J-ROCK727
jruddy69
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2010

Due to weather conditions in the northeast US, my girlfriend and I traveled to T&C a day earlier than we had originally planned. The hotel where we already had reservations did not have any vacancies for our earlier than expected arrival. The day beofre we departed, I searched the web for hotels and decided not to make a reservation due to 1. the stated availability of hotels and 2. the relatively high probability that we might get stuck in the northeast due to inclement weather. I did not want to have to pay for a night's stay somewhere if I didn't have to. At any rate, I waited until we landed the following day in our connecting city (Clt) before calling hotels.com to make a reservation. The only places left were $700 + type places and the Turtle Cove Inn (which we nicknamed the Turtle Trap Inn and some other names which I will not post here). At any rate, our hotel room was filthy. There were dirt smudges on the floor, bugs in our bathroom and our mattress and mattress cover left quite a bit to be desired. It was better than being stuck in an airport or paying an exorbitant amount for a 1 night's stay, but not by much. The lady at the front desk wasn't rude but she never asked how our stay was either. She already knew the answer.

I will repeat what I wrote in the title to this review - do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jruddy69

Travelers are raving about these Providenciales hotels

New York, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

Turtle Cove Inn bills itself as a charming low-cost alternative to the high-priced hotels on the island, and looks nice in pictures, but in reality is a depressing, badly-managed and on-the-way to run down place that isn't well located. My buddy and I booked a package with a dive operator for four nights and were hoping for good basic accommodations in an interesting part of the island. The first mistake was location: there is NO reason to stay on this part of the island. The beach (which is beautiful throughout the island) is on the other side of the marina from the hotel so there's a good 10 minute walk to get there -- and when you're there, what you have is a very small inlet with a small beach nestled in between private homes. The "main" part of the island -- where most of the hotels are -- lies along Grace Beach, which is a few miles away from the the Turtle Cove Marina and is vastly to be preferred: an endless, gorgeous white sand beach with calm aquamarine water. Granted, many of these hotels are very expensive, but we switched after one night to the Comfort Suites, which is a block from the ocean (with beach access) and is a perfectly nice place in good shape well run and clean (with a pool) for $123 a night -- cheaper than Turtle Cove Inn. As for Turtle Cove Inn itself, where do I start? Phone didn't work. Service staff were incompetent (and frankly, barely responsive). The woman at the desk didn't know if there was any internet availability (apparently there is). The room utterly lacks charm and the building, while it's painted in typical Caribean happy colors, is a depressing concrete shell. The place looks like it ought to be ok, but just isn't. It's claustrophobic and depressing and, as I say, there's no reason to be on the marina, which isn't particularly interesting, when there's all that gorgeous beach to be on. When my dive buddy and I informed the hotel the afternoon of the second day that we would be moving to another hotel for the last three nights, we asked them what they could do by way of accommodation and the answer was we were "due nothing". Technically this is true -- the deal we made called for a 3-day deposit against cancellation within 21 days of arrival. From a customer service standpoint, though, this tough attitude is of a piece with the way the hotel seems to be run: take what you can from the guests and provide as little as possible in return. The manager we spoke to regarding a refund (we would have been satisfied with a one day accommodation) could not have been less gracious. But my question is: why isn't she onsite making sure the services (phones not working, etc) are actually being provided to guests? All I can say is, if you have any standards for service at all, STAY AWAY.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank CaptainTutix
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2008

I stayed at Turtle Cove for just one night before boarding a live-aboard the next morning. It was an ok stay, definitely fine for a stopover, but I would not recommend it as a base for more extended vacation.

The room was spacious, A/C worked well. It was not dirty, but I would not call it clean either - lots of dust in the furniture and along the walls on the tile floors, there were a couple of big dead bugs on the floor too. I know it's the tropics, but still.. Linens were pretty thin and the mattress had seen better days. I would compare it to a middle-age La Quinta or Ramada for a US equivalent.

The restaurant serves excellent dinner, and there is a place next door that organizes boat trips and rents cars, bikes and mopeds.

I would recommend it for a stopover.

• Liked — Location was convenient for me
  • Disliked — The mattress
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
      Check in / front desk
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2008

I have just returned from the Turks & Caicos Islands and all I can say is there must be more than one Turtle Cove Inn!! The review I have just read does not reflect in any way my experience but hey in this life you generally reap what you sow. The Turtle Cove Inn is a great place to stay with a fabulous team of staff led by an amazing Scots couple Ken & Sandra who are helpful & friendly, not to mention knowleable , beyond belief. The rooms are clean and absolutely adequate for the money. The Aqua restaurant is very good with fabulous fresh fish.....try the Mahi Mahi! The location is great for exploring and the Marina just gets better wit boats to die for. Whether you snorkel, dive, fish or just relax this is a great location at amazing prices in comparison to the rest of the island. There's just no pleasin some folk!!

• Liked — The staff
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
2 Thank OorRusty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Providenciales
La Vista Azul Resort
Kokomo Botanical Resort & Spa
Kokomo Botanical Resort & Spa
#20 of 43 in Providenciales
4.5 of 5 stars 73 reviews

Been to Turtle Cove Inn? Share your experiences!