I stayed at Club Med Turks from June 12 - 20 and had a fantastic time. Having read several reviews at Tripadviser before going, but after having booked and paid for the trip, I was feeling some trepidation since several of the reviews posted by Americans were bad. I arrived prepared for the worst and was pleasantly surprised...everything about my experience was fun and positive.
Let me address some of the specifics.
Rooms - Having been to several Club Med's in the past the rooms were exactly as I expected them. This Club does need to be renovated and the rooms to not stand up to more modern accommodations but they were more than sufficient...The beds were comfortable, the bathrooms clean and the room was air conditioned. The night we arrived there were several mosquitoes in the room but after a 5 minute bug-killing spree the room was pest free. We never had another mosquito in the room the entire time we were there. Personally I never spend a lot of time in the room but I slept hard and comfortable.
Food - I consider myself somewhat of a "foodie" and a wine enthusiast and I thought the food was great. The meats were especially tasty but the salads and vegetable choices were plentiful and great tasting as well. I did not have the chance to dine in the Lucayan restaurant and can only speak for the main dining room but I was very pleased with both the quality and quantity of the food and beverages. Sure, there were a few dishes that were not to my liking but that is to be expected. Remember the chefs are trying to appease a range of palates and cultural preferences and what you dislike someone else will think is great. If you can't find something to your liking at every meal you just aren't trying very hard or you're being difficult. Oh, and the White Chocolate bread is to die for.
Drinks - The bar staff was wonderful. The bartenders - Franck, Hugo, Nat, Roxane and Isabel went out of their way to make it a fun experience. The well liquor was okay and the drinks tasty. Several previous reviews mentioned that the drinks were weak but I caught a buzz from them. If getting drunk is your chief concern simply order doubles or shell out for the premium stuff. The wine served at dinner is mediocre but goes well with the food. There is a wine list with much more impressive wines available for an added cost.
Beach and Ocean - This is the reason we came to Club Med Turks and it does not disappoint. The beach was beautiful...white sand and turquoise water...and we found ourselves spending the majority of our time there. The snorkeling is fantastic, both the "free" snorkeling trips offered by Club Med and the paid excursions. I don't think you can go wrong snorkeling anywhere in the Turks. We saw an enormous variety of sea life, including sharks, barracudas, dolphins and numerous tropical fish. Club Med runs two free trips a day to different locations so you can saturate yourself with snorkeling if that is what you choose.
I did not SCUBA dive this trip but I understand the diving was spectacular. Next trip this will be high on my list. I also did not have the time to sail or take part in the circus, both activities I have enjoyed at Club Med's in the past. Next time I'll make the point of getting my butt off the beach and out of the water to take advantage of these opportunities. The GO's I met who were involved in these activities...Cameron in the Circus and Brian at sailing, were great guys.
I went on one Big Blue excursion...the Caicos Cay trip, which is a 1/2 day snorkel combined with a visit to Iguana Island. It was fun and worth the money primarily because of the guide (Paul) who was informative, helpful and entertaining. If I had to do it over again I would go for the all day "Heart of the Island" trip.
We also took a sunset "Wine and Cheese" catamaran sail provided by "Sail Provo" that was a lot of fun and that I would recommend if you like wine and sailing (I do). It was a great way to meet people outside of the resort.
I recommend getting out of the resort and seeing what the locals have to offer. There are several nightspots and restaurants within about a 15 minute walk that are a lot of fun. There is also a casino right outside the Club Med gate. We visited the casino and a bar called Calico Jack's. I will review those separately. I recommend Calico Jacks and I do not recommend the casino...this despite being a die-hard Blackjack aficionado. There was just something wrong about the games at that place. Can't put my finger on it.
Another great thing about Club Med Turks is that it is one of the last remaining 'adults-only" Club Med's. Having been to several family Club Med's in the past I liked not having family's present. The partying lasted longer into the night and there was a whole different vibe to the place. It will be sad when this one is converted into a family resort, which I heard rumors was going to happen. Alas, it's the end of an era.
The final word...I highly recommend this club if your looking to be active, to socialize and to have some fun. If you're looking to be pampered with the latest in conveniences this probably isn't the place for you.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos Hotel
- Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos Hotel Providenciales
- Club Med Turkoise, Turks And Caicos
- Club Med Turks Caicos
- Club Med Turkoise
- Club Med Turks
- Club Med
- Club Med Providenciales
- Turks Caicos Club Med
- Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos Turks And Caicos/Providenciales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the incredible beauty of Turks and Caicos during your stay at Turkoise. A breathtaking resort designed with a panoramic view of the talcum-soft sand and clear turquoise waters of one of the most gorgeous beaches on the globe. Travel to Club Med Turkoise with your friends or alone to enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in beachfront tropical scenery on the island of Providenciales, in the Caribbean Sea. Stay at this upscale all-inclusive adult resort and experience a vacation as carefree as exciting. Relax on a beach chair or indulge in the ultimate in water sports and fun activities. As one of the best all-inclusive resorts reserved exclusively for adults, this beautiful location is a destination that allows singles and couples to enjoy their getaway like they never have before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz so you can book your Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.