We were there from October 4 – 11. As it is still hurricane season, the resort was at maybe 30% occupancy, which was great – no lineups!
Overall we were very happy – great staff, good food, rooms a little run down but it is a 3 star. If you want modern and luxurious go to a 4 or 5 star. Our biggest complaint, if we had to give one, is no balconies.
BEACH – this is the main reason to come – the beaches are gorgeous! Really long and wide, and the sand is baby powder soft all the way into the crystal clear turquoise water. Nice new comfortable beach chairs.
FOOD – I’m a vegetarian but found they had plenty to offer. A large variety of food every day – pasta, sandwiches, pizza, soups and salads, a lot of burgers, chicken, fish, meats in addition to their daily specialties – sushi, Italian, Mexican. Their bread was delicious as well – you have to try their chocolate bread! Great and varied fruits and desserts as well.
The drinks at the bar were great too – some were so strong I had to ask them to add more mix.
Again this isn’t a 5 star resort but I still found most of the food delicious. Sharkies also offers some wraps and stuff when the main restaurant is closed.
STAFF – in a word – outstanding! From Kearn at reception to Safae in the infirmary, Jason at the Discovery Center (excursions) and Kyle at water sports, everyone was friendly and helpful. You get the sense that the staff are really enjoying themselves, and its not just a job for them. You can be sitting by the pool and all of a sudden 20 GO’s show up and start singing and dancing. There’s show every night as well.
WATERSPORTS - They give free windsurfing, snorkeling and sailing lessons every day, and you can go out on your own practically all day. They offer two snorkeling trips about 10 minutes out to the reef at no extra charge. If you’re into scuba they offer lessons and certification as well.
ROOMS – definitely need some renovations. A little rundown but lots of closet space, an in-room safe, and clean. Lots of hot water and good water pressure. The beds are a little hard but you can ask for a mattress pad that helps.
We were in building C, which was next to the snorkel/scuba shack, and a 3-minute walk to the pool/restaurant/bar area. Another minute or so to the water sports shack. Building D is closer to everything, but twice a week there’s a late nite party at Sharkies so could get noisy.
POOL – no swim up bar but you’re right near the main bar. Forgot to ask what type of pool it is but didn’t smell any chlorine, which was nice.
EXCURSIONS – We did the half-day Caicos Cay cruise which included stopping at Iguana Island and 2 snorkel dives. Captain Blue and Sir Tom were great! We got lucky and spotted some dolphins, and Captain Blue brought us close enough to them and let us get in the water with them, something not on the itinerary!
We also rented a jeep one day and explored the island which was nice – didn’t see the poverty you see in Dominican or Cuba. You drive on the left side there, but after a couple of minutes you get used to it. The roads are good and not too much traffic. Felt very safe and the locals were very friendly and helpful. The price of gas is very expensive so keep that in mind. It cost us $40 for a quarter tank!
MISC – a nice casino walking distance away, but smoking is allowed there. There are also some stray cats and dogs, which is kind of sad to see. Every day there were some clouds, and thunderstorms in the distance, but if it rains it generally blows over pretty quick.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the incredible beauty of Turks and Caicos during your stay at Turkoise. A breathtaking resort designed with a panoramic view of the talcum-soft sand and clear turquoise waters of one of the most gorgeous beaches on the globe. Travel to Club Med Turkoise with your friends or alone to enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in beachfront tropical scenery on the island of Providenciales, in the Caribbean Sea. Stay at this upscale all-inclusive adult resort and experience a vacation as carefree as exciting. Relax on a beach chair or indulge in the ultimate in water sports and fun activities. As one of the best all-inclusive resorts reserved exclusively for adults, this beautiful location is a destination that allows singles and couples to enjoy their getaway like they never have before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med and Despegar.com so you can book your Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos Hotel Providenciales
- Club Med Turkoise, Turks And Caicos
- Club Med Turks Caicos
- Club Med Providenciales
- Turks Caicos Club Med
- Providenciales Club Med
- Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos Turks And Caicos/Providenciales