“Turks & Caicos - Club Med” 5 of 5 stars

Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos
Providenciales, Providenciales   |
Ranked #30 of 44 hotels in Providenciales
Pleasant Hill, California, United States
“Turks & Caicos - Club Med”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Amazing trip. Not only are the views incredible, but the staff gets the "over achiever" award for customer service. Within a day, you will become part of the family. This crew is the friendliest, and most involved group of employees I've ever come across. I really felt included.

The accomodations are basic, but who goes on vacation to sit in a hotel room.

Great food, fun, activities, friends await you at this hotel if. No worries about traveling solo - you wont be alone long if you get involved in all there is to do.

The people we met (both employees and guests) really made this a lasting vacation.

Fabulous job Turks Crew! Mike, Chrisitan, Ansley, Marc, Nick, Dillan, Mike, Todd, Christine, Tito, Ara, Patricia, Katrina, Manny, to name a few...........

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

3,121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (602)
Concord
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Best vacation ever! First impression was fabulous. Upon arrival about 15 club staff members were at the entrance waiting for us waving and smiling and had cold iced tea waiting for us as soon as we stepped off the shuttle.

A typical day may include great weather with a late afternoon shower that passes by about happy hour time. Tons of activities e.g. paddle board, windsurfing, sailing, diving, kayaking, trapeze, tennis, scuba and great aerobics classes taught by great instructors.

I really appreciated the lessons that were provided by Pierce for water sports, he was patient and kept us safe. Patricia ruled with abs & butt, Zumba and water aerobics, she was super social and even hung out with us on her day off. You can really tell that the staff loves what they do at Club Med, they always have a smile on their face and went over and above to make sure we had a great time.

Great diving the water is amazing and had a blast with Nick who took us on a fantastic underwater excursion but also tore it up on the dance floor with us all night long.

The food is great. Every night there is a different theme, Mexican, Italian, French, Caribbean etc.. the only complaint is my clothes are fitting tight. They also have great entertainment shows including, variety, comedy, trapeze and Broadway.

Overall customer service ranks very high. I mentioned to the Chief of the resort (Mike) that we were celebrating my friends birthday and he arranged a cake along with the singing staff to surprise my friend on the last evening after dinner.

I would highly recommend this resort for anyone, young, old, single or couples who really want to have fun and be social. If you want to stay in the room, this is not the place to come, the rooms are sufficient but no marble tubs here.

Overall the trip was unforgettable, it was the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. We were busy the whole time but the staff really deserves serious recognition:

Christian who took over as the Chief after Mike departed for his vacation did an incredible job.
Ansley for sports, Ara: sports and comedy, Hugo very sexy on the drums, Todd at Sharkys and Mike at the restaurant and Gustavo for keeping us well fed and mouthwatering desserts. Hanna, Manny, Dillon and Katrina for helping me overcome my fear of the trapeze. Marc & Tito at the bar who kept us well hydrated and Juliette at the front desk for her professional service.

There are so many reasons to come to Turks & Caicos but I will remember the friends we met along the way the most.

Great job to all at Turkoise.

Room Tip: Have low expectations: Sleep & Shower
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Bixby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I wrote a review when first returning from Turkoise, but wanted to add that I just started a group that is coming to Turkoise late March 2014! We have around 9 so far with others interested. My cousin and I are 61 and 62, with all the others being late 20s to early 30s. So a variety of ages. We can't wait! I'm the only one who has been so far, but I know they'll love it as much as I did!

I've told them all about the average accommodations and that the resort is older, but I've also told them about the indescribable beach, great food, numerous activities and timely service with a smile! Can't wait to kayak, sail, snorkel and explore a little more on this trip!

The fact that I'm returning to Turkoise says a lot because I don't ordinarily go to the same place especially so soon! But, I'd go to Turkoise twice a year if I could afford it!

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to try to help!

• Stayed March 2013
Punta Gorda, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Go here for the gorgeous beach and sea, the numerous activities, and the interesting people you will meet. Do not expect luxury accommodations or gourmet food all the time. This was our first all-inclusive and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Hubby got to play all day with the snorkeling, pool volleyball, sailing, etc. while wife read on the beach or by the pool. We always found good food to eat in the expansive buffet-style dining and the liquor we chose to drink (bourbon) was quite acceptable. I normally drink rum, but found their 'house (free)' rum to be terrible.

If you can adapt to the pros and cons of an older place like this which offers tremendous value for the dollar, you will be happy. If you simply have to have things a certain way, you will likely be disappointed. The staff, for the most part, goes out of its way to make your stay enjoyable, but they do have rules and you don't get them bent just for you.

They have nightly entertainment provided by the staff of GOs (gracious organizers) who have other duties during the day. The talent varies, but we were amazed at how good much of it was. If you expect Broadway, forget it. Like anything in life, it is your attitude that matters, so don't come here if you cannot adapt.

Room Tip: Very quiet by the snorkel/dive shack and beach is very private. A 4-5 minute walk to the bar and mai...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I went with a few friends and we had a blast. Entertainment was fun and the only action on the island that we knew of. Great number of options for water sports. The only thing is no parasailing! :(

Everyone on the resort and island were so friendly. Having breakfast, lunch or dinner the GOs will join you. Good times! I will definitely do it again!

• Stayed August 2013
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The hotel is old needs some work but all in all not so bad the bed will not so good . food the best and the go staff wonderful.going back in feb there is always something going on lots to do if you want

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I went with another couple and had the best time. While we have in the past been spoiled by 5 star resorts and hotels, we loved spending the week at the Club Med because it was all things those resorts are not. You don't worry about the exorbitant prices the resort charges for mediocre food (an extensive selection is available 3x a day and included plus snacks between meals), the snorkeling/tennis/water sports/trapeze! (all included), the alcohol (included), the nighttime entertainment / dancing (of course) and the PEOPLE!! Everyone from the individual GO's (gentle operators;)) to the other guests that came were so nice, helpful and fun. We would gladly 'rough it' again in what we lovingly called 'adult camp' for another week in the near future. And we'll make sure to tell our friends!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos? Share your experiences!