If you read any of my other hotel reviews you will see that I have stayed at predominantly four and five star hotels in the past. The decision to choose this three Trident (Club Med star equivalent) resort was done with the full knowledge that the accommodation would be more basic and that the resort itself was a little tired. What you get though is a fantastic beach, crystal clear turquoise water and all the normal Club Med Amenities.
Let me say that the review that I read about staff Friendliness must be outdated. Of the five Club Meds that I have been on, this was by far the most friendly, and maybe being adult only, the guests also seemed more approachable as well. We were there with an adult son and girlfriend. Accolades to the Chef de Village, an Australian named Mike, because he works tirelessly at guest relations, greeting you at the restaurant door, handing out popsicles on the beach and every where else, and I think his example rubs off on everyone else.
The Catamarans that you sail yourself are great and the daily snorkel excursion to the reef is fantastic. As with all Club Meds there is no shortage of things to do. We did pay to do an excursion to a reef, a deserted island, and an island that is an iguana sanctuary. It was a good half-day out and worth the money.
The food is very good but not as extensive in variety as I have seen at other clubs, and I think this is down to the size.
We tried the reservation only restaurant one night and while it was nice to sit on a padded seat it really was not any better than the normal food.
The white sandy beach is spotless, and yes if the club were totally full I could foresee an issue with getting a spot in the shade, but for us we had no problems all week.
The rooms and the property overall need a renovation, but the air conditioning in the rooms worked well and they were clean with good showers. The turn down service at night was nice and there were plenty of towels.
So as I said, you get exactly what you should expect and for us it was a wonderful week with some great memories.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the incredible beauty of Turks and Caicos during your stay at Turkoise. A breathtaking resort designed with a panoramic view of the talcum-soft sand and clear turquoise waters of one of the most gorgeous beaches on the globe. Travel to Club Med Turkoise with your friends or alone to enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in beachfront tropical scenery on the island of Providenciales, in the Caribbean Sea. Stay at this upscale all-inclusive adult resort and experience a vacation as carefree as exciting. Relax on a beach chair or indulge in the ultimate in water sports and fun activities. As one of the best all-inclusive resorts reserved exclusively for adults, this beautiful location is a destination that allows singles and couples to enjoy their getaway like they never have before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com and Club Med so you can book your Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Turkoise, Turks And Caicos
- Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos Hotel Providenciales
- Club Med Turks Caicos
- Club Med Providenciales
- Turks Caicos Club Med
- Providenciales Club Med
- Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos Turks And Caicos/Providenciales