“Myth Buster- You get exactly what you should expect” 4 of 5 stars

Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos
Providenciales, Providenciales   |
Ranked #32 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Atlanta, Georgia
“Myth Buster- You get exactly what you should expect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

If you read any of my other hotel reviews you will see that I have stayed at predominantly four and five star hotels in the past. The decision to choose this three Trident (Club Med star equivalent) resort was done with the full knowledge that the accommodation would be more basic and that the resort itself was a little tired. What you get though is a fantastic beach, crystal clear turquoise water and all the normal Club Med Amenities.

Let me say that the review that I read about staff Friendliness must be outdated. Of the five Club Meds that I have been on, this was by far the most friendly, and maybe being adult only, the guests also seemed more approachable as well. We were there with an adult son and girlfriend. Accolades to the Chef de Village, an Australian named Mike, because he works tirelessly at guest relations, greeting you at the restaurant door, handing out popsicles on the beach and every where else, and I think his example rubs off on everyone else.

The Catamarans that you sail yourself are great and the daily snorkel excursion to the reef is fantastic. As with all Club Meds there is no shortage of things to do. We did pay to do an excursion to a reef, a deserted island, and an island that is an iguana sanctuary. It was a good half-day out and worth the money.

The food is very good but not as extensive in variety as I have seen at other clubs, and I think this is down to the size.
We tried the reservation only restaurant one night and while it was nice to sit on a padded seat it really was not any better than the normal food.

The white sandy beach is spotless, and yes if the club were totally full I could foresee an issue with getting a spot in the shade, but for us we had no problems all week.

The rooms and the property overall need a renovation, but the air conditioning in the rooms worked well and they were clean with good showers. The turn down service at night was nice and there were plenty of towels.
So as I said, you get exactly what you should expect and for us it was a wonderful week with some great memories.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (659)
Palm City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I had last stayed at this property over 4 years earlier but visited again for 5 days last week. In all honesty, the Staff is what makes this property so much fun. They seem to really enjoy interacting with the guests and the "Chief" (Mike) is a really cool guy. The beach here is second to none and I have been all over the Caribbean. I also enjoyed the food and the variety of it all. We tried the restaurant (you have to make reservations the night before) and although it was simple, it was a nice change. If you want a fancy room then don't come here. The rooms, although clean, are basic and dated. I was only in my room to sleep and shower, the rest of the time I was on the beach or doing something fun. This is a great place for singles and adults looking to party, relax, and meet others.

Room Tip: I stayed in the "D" building and found it central to everything I wanted.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I spent five amazing days at Club Med last week focused on scuba diving and getting my PADI Advanced Open Water certification with Seafari. It was a wonderful visit and I'm so grateful to the entire team. A big shout out to Ben, who worked with my dive buddy Michel and I over five dives. He was patient, knowledgeable, kind, encouraging, and stayed focused - even when I was completely distracted by a 7 foot reef shark swimming right behind him while working on peak buoyancy, and he was wonderful to calm my nerves on my first night dive. My confidence levels as a diver went from 50 to 100! He's a great instructor and also a really nice guy. Also huge thanks to Beth, who dove with us twice. Her enthusiasm for scuba and all the underwater life is infectious and I'm grateful she spent the time sharing with us and really looking at the micro on the reef, as well as the macro (like the many sharks we dove with). Thanks also to Pia, Hillary, Karl and of course Manu - for making the dive boat and overall experience really fun. And although I didn't get to dive with Hugo this trip, big thanks and love for all the good advice and never-ending enthusiasm. (Hugo is also a wonderful salsa dancer, by the way....)

I know the Seafari team is a bit understaffed, but they work hard to keep you safe and to give you a great dive. And I for one am grateful for their hard work.

Part of the fun is all the other guests you meet, especially the divers. We really created a fun little community while I was there.

So looking forward to my next dive trip and visit to Turkoise.

Room Tip: If you are a diver, ask for a room near the dive boat/scuba shack - I think I was at Building C. You...
long island, new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was my 4th visit to this Club Med. The air arrangements made with the club worked out perfectly. It was not a direct flight....but it worked out fine. Meeting the GO at the airport was very good. However, arrived on a Saturday and 4 or 5 other flights arrived at the same time. Which of course made it a very hectic and chaotic arrival. However, we received our luggage rather quickly and were quickly escorted to van to the Club. The reception was perfect. Quickly whisked away to our room by Kyle (who was extremely nice and efficient). The pool, grounds, bar, room were all very good. Housekeeping was great! Left a tip everyday and had very good service. Room was always done early and never lacked towels, water, toiletries. The air conditioning was fine. The room was in Bldg A close to everything and yet very quiet. Did not utilize internet....nice taking a break from it. Massage by Rudy was the best massage I have ever experienced. Bravo Rudy. Had it in the palapa on the beach. I had the deep tissue for 50 minutes. $88.00. The gym was horrible....dirty, old and lacked towels the one time I visited it. I am a gym rat...but never went back...it was just that bad! Instructor questionable....really not satisfied with the instruction, music or friendliness. The food was wonderful..........if you can't leave the dining room satisfied...you might have a problem..........because it has such a variety and almost everything was delicious. The restaurant that you make reservations for at the Lucayan was wonderful. I ate there twice. The servers were extremely nice, patient and kind. The person (a young woman GO) was not friendly and seemed inadequate in her position. Sharkies (snack bar on beach was ok............the dogs and cats hanging around there were annoying. The beach is just gorgeous...but lacked organization of lounges ...seemed as though no one ever checks the beach area. The pottery garbages were always knocked over (I think by the dogs). Did the paddleboarding for the 1st time....The GO was very busy with so many things going on. Although, it was fun and ok...I was not given proper instruction...maybe 30 seconds of instruction. I had to specifically ask him to look out for me, as it was windy, busy and my 1st time. I went snorkeling once...and unfortunately was led by (my so called buddy) and we ended up far from the boat and unable to get back because of the curren. Never once did the boat whistle or warn us that we had veered off too far. Luckily, a large sail boat spotted our difficult situation and threw us a line and towed us back. I am not sure that the GO's were even aware of our situation. When I explained what happened, the female GO was understanding and comforting...however, the male GO said...."you are back on the boat now" , I think he just wanted us to keep it quiet and not allow others to know what happened. I just wish they would have kept an eye on us and whistled when we were off track and too far. Yes, we veered off in the wrong direction, but I truly don't think they even knew where we had ended up. The aqua aerobics was marginal. Not enough of a work out for me. I needed the infirmary for a badly clogged ear....Issac did a wonderful job in irrigating and clearing my ear. He was wonderful!!! The bar tenders (the islander type were wonderful, and a couple of the GO"s were good, however, some of the Go's at the bar were prejudice to serve some guests quicker than others. Boutique is so nice...........but prices were very high. The shows were wonderful...absolutely amazing. The GO "Ara" was very nice and fun to share dinner with. Serena at the reception was adorable and extremely efficient. The Chief of the village Mike was very nice and enjoyed seeing him all over and he was always friendly and very approachable. The circus team was very enjoyable, although I did not participate this visit. I guess I could go on and on....but to wrap it up ...The club is in a beautiful location, with most GO's friendly and nice, fairly clean....but the Club needs to be renovated very soon. My biggest problem was that the outer areas are literally falling apart. Curtains in room all stained. Cement around pool area VERY DANGEROUS. Cement is broken ...you have to be very careful with your walking around the grounds.. Any questions....let me know. I will not return to this club until it is renovated.

Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was our second visit to the resort , which needs a major renovation. As always staff was friendly , the beach was excellent. The highlight of our trip was SCUBA. I have decided to go to my certification during our stay . Luckily, I had my fantastic instructor Hillary all to my self for 2.5 days . She was very friendly, informative , patient , encouraging and very calming. She is very competent and I felt , at ease during some challenging ( mandatory) skills. Not only I managed to get certified, I did it with the help of an excellent instructor and still had a fantastic vacation. Thank you Hillary !

Room Tip: Do not upgrade to deluxe rooms, does not worth the price
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Maplewood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Club Med Turks continues to provide the ingredients Club Med is known for in a beautiful environment with a fantastic beach. We went as a family of 5, including three kids ranging in age from 21 - 28. There were multiple other families with kids of similar ages, allowing for great interaction and friendships. The GO team was generally tremendous. The circus team, in particular Manny and Brian, were skilled and, more importantly, sensitive to the varied needs of individuals. The kitchen team, in particular the executive chef whose name I forgot, provided tremendous variety within the confines of a limited 3 trident budget and went out of his way to provide guidance to my daughter with dietary restrictions. SCUBA and snorkeling was well run and user friendly. Water sports team was also very helpful - try to do the armada to iguana island if you can - great trip to a beautiful island. The one weak point was tennis - Blake the tennis GO walks through his job without enthusiasm or the Club Med spirit. In summary, if you are looking for five star facilities, go elsewhere. If you are ok with 3 star facilities on a 5 star beach with 5 star activities and a 5 star staff, Club Med Turks is the place to go.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Ill be brief.
I'm a hotel manager and had limited expectations based off priced and other reviews.
The facilities need a huge renovation and I doubt the parent company has this in the works.
The food was average and the bar was okay.
The staff was friendly but the men were over concerned with which female guests they could sleep with. I'd probably be the same way if I was in a tropical island.
The rooms have rust and mold in spots.
The scuba was the highlight if the trip and Beth and Hugo made my stay a success overall.
Also Dominique and Kyle deserve recognition.

The Scuba team rocked. They deal with the large amount of scuba weirdos and do it gracefully.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos? Share your experiences!