“First vacation in 25 years!” 4 of 5 stars

Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos
Providenciales, Providenciales   |
Ranked #32 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Newton, New Jersey
“First vacation in 25 years!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

When you're choosing the best option for your first vacation in a long time, Club Med Turks and Caicos should be at the top of your list. If you're planning, on top of that, to get your dive certification, all the better! This Club Med location is for adults only and while I missed my children every day, I didn't miss other people's children. (Those of you who have taken family vacations probably know what I mean) This is not a luxury resort with highly appointed rooms and 24 hour room service-The true luxury is being on the most beautiful beach in the world, enjoying an endless array of exotic activities such as trapeze, sailing, yoga, volleyball, snorkeling, scuba, and meeting wonderful people from all over the world. They also have ping-pong, billiards, basketball, a soccer field, water polo, etc. You also have the option of doing nothing – sunbathing on a bed by the pool or out on a beach with sand as soft as talc. The rooms are spartan but appropriate and the excellent front desk staff happily accommodated a move when I requested it. Good news/bad news about my scuba experience: Halfway through the course you get taken out for your first open water dive. I developed severe seasickness. The good news was that there was a dive doctor on the boat who tried everything possible to assist me in my misery, including staying by my side the entire trip AND my instructor went out of his way to put in extra time with me one-on-one to assure that I could complete the certification course-which I did!! Although I believe any one of the excellent SCUBA staff would have done the same, I highly recommend requesting Hugo should you decide to get your certification. Not only was Hugo highly accommodating, he was compassionate, calm, and most of all very COOL! (Plus he plays a mean set of drums)
Another highlight was the sailing regatta out to Iguana Island-Did I mention meeting wonderful people? We were paired with a great couple with whom we really enjoyed the ride and at the end of it we were able to meet and greet with the nearly domesticated iguanas on a beautiful desolate isle! If this goes down as the only Caribbean vacation I ever take, I'll never regret Turks and Caicos!

Room Tip: Try to get the top floor with an ocean view-but don't let it get you down if you can't. The...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Deborah K,
Thanks for the review! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our resort activities, beaches, pool area, and sailing. We are also very happy that our staff was able to meet all your needs during your visit. Once again, thanks for sharing this review with us and we hope to see you again.
Kind Regards,
Your Club Med Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (688)
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I just got back from Club Med Turkoise for the second time. The club hasn't changed in the past few years other than more beach chairs and fresh paint.

The beach is the best beach you will find. The sand is always cools from the coral, the color of the water is unreal and the beach is sandy, not rocky.

I went scuba diving a few times and the staff were top notch. There was even a doctor onboard, unlike other scuba outings I have attended. The coral reef was beautiful and there was so much to see, including a humpbacked whale that came right up to our boat.

The shows are okay, the circus staff are great and the rest are typical resort dancey type shows.

Their are a lot of food options and I started to notice gluten and dairy signs on certain options, which was a great addition.

There is nothing fancy about the resort and my one recommendation would be not to splurge on the Deluxe Room. It was identical to the regular room I had last time! The only addition was a chocolate on the pillow at night. There was supposed to be a robe and slippers, so we had to ask for that. And then when I spoke with other guests, some were given a loofah, some a manicure set, etc. Nothing consistent and definitely not worth the extra money. I actually paid more and had no view instead of paying less and getting a view of the ocean. And the other strange things is that the windows have no screens so bugs can get in. And you may want to bring a pillow because they are tiny square shaped ones.

But overall, the place is clean and the staff are friendly and you will certainly have a good time here.

Room Tip: Don't pay for the deluxe rooms, definitely not worth the extra money. If you are not a partier...
Dear SaraFeld,
Thanks for the review! We are so thrilled that you enjoyed our beaches, service, and dining options. We truly appreciate the feedback you have provided here as we are always looking for ways to improve. Once again, thank you for the review and we hope to see you again soon.
Kind Regards,
Your Club Med Team
Merrick, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We just returned from a week at Club Med Turkoise. We had a fantastic vacation. While the rooms can use some updating, they were spotless and very comfortable. It really didn't matter much, very little time is spent in the room; there is just too much fun to be had. The beach is absolutely incredible-the most beautiful we have ever seen. While it is a public beach, we did not see so much as a gum wrapper on the sand. We spent quite a bit of our week near the Sailing Shack on the Hobie Cats. When I did not feel like sailing with my husband, there was always some friendly GM (guest-of which we met many wonderful people) ready to go with him. The GOs at the Sailing Shack - Ronnie, Eric, Marc, Dan and Pierce - were great and a lot of fun. The regatta on Tuesday and the Armada on Thursday were a real highlight of the trip. Naty and Kelsey at the Circus Trapeze were the absolute best-helping me overcome my fears and take a turn on the trapeze-an experience I will never forget-thank you so much to two wonderful ladies. And everywhere you turned, Frangi or Samuel (the best and certainly most fun photographers ever) were on hand to document great memories. Samuel-thank you for our beautiful last night pictures. The food was great with more selections than we could taste (and we tried) in one night. We enjoyed the shows-all the GOs deserve so much credit for being so talented as well as friendly. We were made to feel so welcome-from the minute we arrived at the airport to the minute we left the property. We also met so many wonderful people from all over the world-sharing a table for a meal with a stranger is a great way to make "friends". Rumor has it that this Club Med might be changed to a family resort. We really hope that does not happen. While we are both all about the joys of sharing with your children and grandchildren, I must admit it was pleasant not having to concern yourself with the idea of children anywhere near the pool or beach. Hopefully this will stay the last adult only Club Med resort in the American area. My husband and I are hoping to make it back to this little section of paradise next year. Thank you to all the GOs and Vincent who work so hard to make it home (I hope I spelled all your names correctly-if not, I apologize).

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The trip starts out on a non-stop Jet Blue flight from JFK
Before you knew it we were landing in Providenciales, Turks and Caicos. The non-stop is the only way to go!
After coming out of the airport we were promptly greeted by Club Med staff.
After a short wait for other Club Med goers we were on our way.
We got to the village a few minutes later and met with the beautiful reception team lead by Lorna. (I am going to mention names of the people that made this trip extra special)
We settled in and after a little while went to dinner.
Just a side note about the room. Yes it was small and a little worn but for the amount of time we spent awake in the room it really had no bearing on anything.
After dinner we hung out by the bar and then went to the show. I didn’t really expect much from the show but boy was I wrong!
By the end of the show I was crying from laughter and I led the standing ovation.
I couldn’t wait for the next night's show!
After the show we all gathered to do crazy signs and then back to the bar for a night of drinking and dancing. All this fun and we just got here!
The next morning we woke around 6:30 am and by 7:30 we were on our way to breakfast, which was presented beautifully and was very satisfying. Then from breakfast we went to tennis, then Trampoline where I met Kelsey from Malaysia. Kelsey was coaching me in the art of trampoline when after a few minutes she was drilling me to “do it again and DO IT AGAIN and AGAIN maybe 10 times! When I gave her the look like what are you doing to me? This is vacation! she responded by saying, ”I just wanted to see how far I could push you!” Well she pushed me really well and I left totally in love with the trampoline and Kelsey! , then Trapeze where I met Travis and Manny. Kelsey also now moved from the trampoline to the trapeze. After a few minutes talking to Travis we realized that we both lived in a small beach town in NJ called Bradley Beach, which gave us an immediate connection. Travis worked very hard to help me get back to my goal of doing a knee-hang and catch on the trapeze. I did have a catch and return under my belt from 25 years ago and another 13 years ago but now at the ripe old age of 54 with 2 grandchildren this was going to be a challenge. He enlisted Manny to help in this goal. Then volleyball on the beach to volleyball in the pool to aqua aerobics in the pool to water polo. Now it was time for lunch.
After lunch we sat by the pool, walked on the beach and then played more pool volleyball a second round of Aqua Aerobics with Mylin, who turned out to be a world class athlete who made my trip way better than expected. Then at 4:30pm it was back to the trapeze and then on to beach volleyball until dark, then back to the room for a quick shower and then to the bar then the show then crazy signs then the party at the bar again. This was just the end of my first full day which became rinse wash and repeat for the next 6 days!
Now I must mention the Circus team because in just 1 week there was a bond made that will never be broken.
Manny, Travis, Kelsey and Nati were just awesome.
For whatever reason they decided as a team to make me perform in the show Tuesday night and stay with me after the session was over to make sure I could do it. Then have me perform and do the catch in the show made it very special! When after the show I thanked them Travis told me “that is what we needed from you.” It made me know that this group was special and treated me special.
I cannot thank them enough! I totally respect the 4 of them!
Honorable mentions go to Jacob and Marc who are the ultimate GOs and to Jenny who had some of the coolest shoes and to Jeff who was a total professional and to Fabian who was the all around Club Med guy and lastly to Vincent who put together the team of the century!
On the way home on the flight I heard people complaining about the weather. Yes it did rain 3 or 4 days last week but to tell you the truth, we played on the beach in the rain and it did not stop us from doing anything! Club Med Rocks!
Thank you all!

Grandpa Joey

PS: My wife wants to add that the Zumba teachers, Marilyn and Cara were spectacular!

Room Tip: All rooms are the same, just views are different. I loved room 1233 and watching the moon set over t...
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Ok so Club Med Turkoise is on the single most amazing beach that I have ever seen. Barely a person there and the color of the ocean is exactly Turkoise. Its the prettiest and most peaceful beach on the island, probably because CM has the largest strip of beach front Since they were the first major resort on the island. They always manage to find the best locations. I have done a bunch of Club Meds and here is what you can expect :

The property is tired. Tres Fatigue as the French say. But the rooms are fine, clean, comfy beds, tv, ac, etc. in the true spirit of Club Med, they are not encouraging you to spend your vacation inside, but when you are inside, it's more than fine.

The people are amazing. If you go, you must must must find Lorna. She knows everyone on the island, best restaurants, cab drivers, insider information and she is amazing. If the Club is listening, she is a special woman with an incredible spirit and the patience of a saint. She made our trip!

Food is very good - great if you eat what comes from the island or from France. Why anyone would eat white bread or a fake bagel on Tirks when there is so much wonderful pain aux raisins, white chocolate bread, croissants is beyond me? Also, skip the hot dogs and the burgers and go for the fresh fish, salad, roasted chicken, delicious French cheeses and fresh fruits and veggies.
The French wines on every table were lovely. Not vins ordinaries.

The service in general is on island time. Relax and stop tapping you key on the bar, they will get to you.

Our vacation was wonderful, relaxing and even though I love my own kids dearly, it's a kid free club which makes it even more peaceful. Tennis and activities are all included so its fun to do some activities, or not. Glad somepeople were all "hands up" but I wasn't and that was fine with me and the GOs. It's a great deal and the money we saved on travel, we put toward eating out every night - great restaurants all over the island and we found them to be fairly resonable.

As I indicated at the beginning, manage your expectations. It's not the Ritz but it's also not $800 a night and if you focus on what it offers and not what it is missing, you will have a great time.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit to both a Club Med resort and to Turks & Caicos -- but I will definitely come back to both.

Okay, let's just say it and get it out of the way: yes, the rooms and some of the public spaces could stand a refresh. But all of that quickly fades away when you see the beaches and interact with all of the really authentic, warm and hospitable staff.

The water is gorgeous (living up to the name "Turkoise"). The sea is gentle. The sand is soft and white...

The GO's are fantastic and the sincerely want to ensure all guests have a great time. They have so many activities going on every hour -- all designed to get the crowd to meet, mix and enjoy each other. If that's not your thing -- you can avoid it or opt out without being made to feel like a party pooper. Standouts include Anne, Lorna and Lauren (reception), Jacob (sports) DJ Kody, Zac (bar services) and Henry ("Sharkies").

If you want a great massage, book Rudy in the beach cabana -- well worth the fee, especially to experience such indulgence as you listen to the sound of the waves just outside the space.

Ricardo and Monica will help you coordinate your excursions via their company "Blue" -- both tours we booked (Beach Escape/Sunset Catamaran) were well orchestrated and the Blue staff very, very friendly.

Be sure to stand in line to reserve a spot at their a la carte dining restaurant, Lucayan -- really nice to have an intimate dinner for two. As this dining option is reserved for a limited number of guests each night and only open Tuesday thru Thursday, I have to mention special appreciation for Ruth who coordinated the line and had no problem graciously asking resort guests to step out and go to the end when she was told they'd cut to "talk to their friends" and then attempted to book tables in front of those of us who'd stood in line over one hour to reserve.

This is still an opportunity for Turkoise -- I'm sure its a delicate and difficult issue. This resort requires people of Ruth's strength and skill to protect the experience from greedy patrons with less grace -- the kind that reserve pool/beach chairs at 7 am and maybe show up after breakfast, despite the resort policy clearly being displayed throughout common areas. Kudos and thank you, Ruth. ;)

One other piece of constructive feedback: there really should be some sort of 24-hour dining option, even if its just fruit salad and pizza for those in-between meal munchies. Sharkies is a great option when open, but if you arrive from a different time zone, you may find yourself helpless and hungry at 5 am -- with nothing until breakfast around 7.

Thank you, Turkoise, for a great week. Hope to see y'all again soon!

• Stayed January 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

One of the best vacations I've ever had. Beach is amazing! Most beautiful color just Make sure to bring big spray. Mosquitos are everywhere and if you open your room windows at all they get in and bite you all night.
Arrived on the island at night and was greeted by an amazing staff. Room was decent and clean, just a little old and housekeeping didnt always replace all the towels they took each time. I was nervous at first about group seating for meals but I met a lot of amazing people and it was a great feeling to have friends greeting me each day. Food at the buffet was good and there was lots of variety. Try the white choc bread! Had dinner at the sit down restaurant one night and it was also excellent. My only complaint is how you get reservations. The restaurant is only open 3 days a week and you have to line up the night before to get a reservation. If you want a reservation, go down early and have drinks while you're waiting for about 45min in line.
So many activities! They had so many great things planned during the day to keep people busy. Took a sailing, tennis, and trapeze lesson and all 3 were amazing. It did rain a couple days while we were there and I wish they had provided more indoor activities on those days instead of just sticking to the daily schedule and canceling outdoor activities. We did an outside excursion with Provo ponies that took us horseback riding in the water. Really incredible experience and the staff was very friendly.
There was a great party atmosphere every night and a great mix of people all ages(18 and over only at this resort) Wonderful resort for singles to have fun and meet lots of people. Alcohol wasn't top shelf but it gets the job done. Especially the rum punch. Staff did a great job of keeping the party going all night long.
Overall an incredible stay and I would recommend it to everyone, couples and singles.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos? Share your experiences!