“GREAT BEACH RESORT IN A FANTASTIC BEACH !!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos
Providenciales, Providenciales   |
Ranked #30 of 44 hotels in Providenciales
Mississauga, Canada
“GREAT BEACH RESORT IN A FANTASTIC BEACH !!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

My wife and I had a great time in our first experience with Club Med.
We were not very interested to interact with people and were a little bit concerned about that. At the end, we were not pushed to interact and we could have our time together without being disturbed.
Normally, I don;t look for 5 stars hotels and I was very impressed with this hotel.
This is a 3 to 4 star hotel and people should not expect more than that in terms of facilities. There is no sofistication and luxurius. It is a very good beach hotel, installations are simple but quite comforftable.
My room was very nice and I don't have anything to complaint. I had a beach view and part of the gardens. I kept the windows always closed and there was no bug to disturb me. Air condition is very silent and works perfectly. I was always outside of my room and had no issues with bugs
Food was good enough and I could always find something to eat. The Chef was always on the dining area to help and give explanations about the food.
Pool area is nice and no issues with chairs and towels.
Entertainent was good and we had lots of fun with Crazy Dance and DJ after the shows.
I liked the snorkling tour and I was suprised with Jo Jo , the dolphin which lives in front of the hotel. Nobody told me about Jo Jo before and it was a great surprise to find him.
The Beach is the best part of the trip even though the weather was not sunny on the May 30 week. It is the most safest beach i have seen so far on the Caribbean area.In one week,I did not see one local people walking on the beach. It is a very long beach and I think the b est part of it is in front of Club Med.
There are a lot of activities like tenis, sailing , windsurf, volley ,aqua gym ect...
Staff : All GOs are very friendly and make this trip more enjoyable.
Recommendation: some local staff on the restaurant must be more polite and help people when they are looking for help. They can see we are looking for something but they don't try to help. This advise is just to improve the quality of the service and it doesn't interfere on my overall rating about the hotel.
Again a 5 star vacation on a 3/4 star beach resort. \
I will definitely come back and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Dear CGuimaraes,

We are thrilled that you and your wife enjoyed your first vacation with Club Med! We loved reading how much you enjoyed the food, pool, snorkeling, and more. Please know that your recommendation has been passed along to management. We look forward to your return!

3,149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (616)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

The all-inclusive resort gave our family plenty of options. There were many activities throughout the day such as snorkeling twice a day, attending circus school, volleyball, etc.

My family has a vegan, a nut allergy and a gluten-intolerance and we all were well feed with plenty of variety.

The beach is perfect and Club Med certainty has the best part of the beach.

Not much to do in the evenings if you are not a drinker, but the evening shows are good.

I would definitely recommend this to singles and families with adult children alike.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Dear SaraFeld,

Thank you for the excellent review! We were so pleased that you and your family enjoyed snorkeling, the beach, volleyball, and more. We hope that you all can come back soon for another great time!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

I heard a lot about Club Med from friends and was told that it is a lot of fun. I was at first a little nervous traveling alone however everyone was so warm and friendly. I met a ton of great people and the activities kept me so busy. Marco and Davey at tennis were great teachers and were a lot of fun. Casey at sailing, thanks for your patience with my wind surfing lesson. The food was delicious and despite the rain, there were a ton of activities to do. The shows were incredible. I heard that they want to renovate and turn it into a family resort. The rooms could use a bit of a renovation but I hardly spent time there and another great thing about the resort is that it is for adults only! Please don't change that. If you are looking for a place to have fun and meet a lot of people where everything is right there for you, come to turks. The beach was gorgeous! Can't wait to plan another trip!

Melissa

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
Dear melissamyc,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed the beach, food, activities, and more. We hope you can come back soon for another great time!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

Just an amazing time! It had been 10 years since I'd been to a Club Med and 20 years before that. I was curious if I would love it as much as I did when I was younger. I am 56 years old now, female, and went alone for one week. Most people I know who had been there had been back a couple of times so I figured it must be good. Well, there were all ages (adults only at Turks) of couples, friends, families, singles, and all sizes, and all nationalities. I snorkelled in the turquoise water everyday (somtimes twice a day) and saw an octopus, a barricuda, a lobster, a lion fish, many amazing varieties of beautiful fish (both big and small) and the incredibly beautiful coral reefs and caves (the beach is surrounded by a coral reef). I played tennis, learned to sail a hobicat, learned how to trapeze, took Yoga classes on the dock before sun down, danced under the stars and still found lots of time to relax and read my book quietly and peacefully on this incredibly beautiful beach (the white sand is the consistency of 'powder'). The variety of food was too good to be true (yes, you will eat a lot!) and it was beautifully presented. I like eating outdoors so I always went to the outdoor patio for breakfast/lunch/and dinner. I highly recommend always having the chef's 'specialty appetizer' -- I did and I always went back for seconds. The staff and service was also fantastic -- they are always happy, always smiling, and very helpful -- making sure everything is right for you. I was never worried about my safety when learning a new sport because the Sports Team's skill and attention to safety was top notch. I always looked forward to the evening entertainment as most of the GO's/performers were obviously schooled and very talented. Turks' Club Med is like a small village that has discovered the secret of enjoying life ... and it was heaven! I would defintely back -- either alone again, or with a girlfriend, or with my boyfriend.

Room Tip: near the tennis courts for absolute quiet.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Dear 000sun,

Thank you for the fantastic review! We are so glad that you loved the food, snorkeling, tennis, and more. We hope that you can join us again soon for another amazing vacation!

Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

This was our 7th trip to Club Med Turks and Caicos. The beach was just spectacular - as always. We had a great time snorkeling and kayaking. Club Med has the longest, most lush stretch of white sand beach you can imagine! Our favorite off-beach activity is flying trapeze and once again the Turks team came through with a safe, fun, awesome trapeze experience. Where else can you fly trapeze at the beach but Club Med?

The club itself could use some updating, especially in the rooms. But, without fail, the Club Med charm sprinkles itself over the entire vacation and what we remember is the people we met - both guests and GOs, the activities, and the beach! We really hope Club Med keeps Turks and Caicos an adult village. It's got the right vibe for it. Another great development was the music was much mellower than other years...more Reggae and fun groove music during the day rather than techno house music blaring at all hours. We also loved the live music at Sharkies. Fernando did an amazing job choreographing the new shows. The fitness team was also awesome. I really enjoyed yoga on the dock.

All around you can't beat a Club Med vacation. You just don't have to worry about anything and the staff is The Best!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Kiford,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We loved reading how much you enjoyed snorkeling, kayaking, the beach, and more. Please know that your issue with the rooms has been brought to management’s attention. We hope you can return soon for another wonderful vacation!

Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

We loved the staff at Club Med in Providentiales! Remi was the presiding manager over the staff, and he was so enthusiastic, and highly visible. We saw him everywhere, even helping the staff clean up the beach early each morning! We really loved the folks in the boutique - Nella, Cindy, and Jessi, and Isabella from accounting. They shared meals with us, and were involved in the entertainment nearly every evening. The entertainment was first rate! We loved the trapeze demonstration, and all of the acrobatics, plus enthusiastic dancing and singing. Zorro and Patrick with the sailboats were excellent at instructing and at entertaining in the evenings. Superb, outstanding and wonderful!!

Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

I had been to this resort a couple of years ago and was disappointed.The food was not too good and the property was falling apart. The property has had some superficial touch ups, and the showers have great pressure and hot water, but the main plus was the staff, activities and food. The food has dramatically improved since my last visit. The sports staff were super friendly, especially the tennis guys ... Davey and Marco. Definitely take advantage of the free lessons .. they are stellar! The trapeze is a blast, but I blistered my hands too badly to stick with it. The GOs were friendly and helpful, but not over the top. I was also impressed wiht the shows. Except for "Showgirls" on Tues night, they were fabulous. Fernando, the new choreographer is pro-worthy and is dancing is amazing.

Overall, the facility isn't 5 star, but it's not the kind of resort where you stay in your room. No one should be bored, but you can be lazy if desired. There is sooo much to do here! The more involved you get, tehe better you'll enjoy a trip here. Remy is a great Chef de Village. I plan to go back in the next 6 months .. miss it already.

Room Tip: The rooms are all essentiall the same
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Dear M0J0000,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We loved hearing that you were pleased with the food, activities, and our Club Med Team. We look forward to your return in the near future!

Your Club Med Team

Been to Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos? Share your experiences!