We moved from a Mexico all-inclusive vacation to Ocean Club Resort, due to the outbreak of the swine flu (which was highly over-rated thanks to the news). The price was pretty good, and I always wanted to go to the Turks & Caicos Islands, so we went. This was not an all-inclusive but it did have a kitchen. I packed as much food as I could stuff into my suitcase, and I am glad I did. Food is a bit pricey down there.
The rooms were large and airy, we had two next to each other. The nights were nice and quiet. The sunsets are beautiful. We did find out that there are a couple of different taxi services down there, so don't settle for the first one you see, you can save a lot of money. They will give you a card if you are happy with them, and you can call them directly.
You should bring your own pool floats, we wished we had. I brought our own snorkel gear, minus the life jackets, they will rent them to you for $5 a day, at the little snorkel store on the resort. We took a taxi from our resort down to Coral Gardens, you can snorkel off the beach, it was great. The taxi was only $6 pp. If you are early enough you can get a shade hut to the left of Coral Gardens resort area. We had lunch at Coral Gardens, it was good. I brought along banana's for the kids to feed the fish as they were snorking, the fish love bananas. They saw a couple of sea turtles, a pretty big baracuda, and tons of small fish.
Take advantage of the sister resort shuttle, you can ask them to drop you off at the shops instead of the sister resort. From there you can walk to the grocery store. You can use the resorts gas grills for your own bbq. Also, if you like those metal lizards, fish things that hang on walls, if you walk about 5 minutes past the local grocery store (not the big IGA, that is 5 miles away), on the left, you will find a little area that sells tons of them.
We did do a 1/2 day excursion on the Reef Peepers, that was a lot of fun. We snorkeled, dove for conch, had fresh conch salad, explored an island and saw a 2 dolphins. They were great at explaining all about the conch as they were getting them out of the shells.
This resort is a great place for a nice quiet vacation for a young family, group or a couple. We kept our teens busy, but there were no other teens there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Club Resorts is comprised of two beachfront properties, Ocean Club and Ocean Club West, located one mile apart on stunning Grace Bay Beach. The intimate resorts offer a “Stay at one, Play at both” opportunity for guests to enjoy all the services and amenities of both. An easy stroll down a beautiful stretch of beach is the popular way to get between the two resorts, although guests can be chauffeured by a complimentary shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Amex, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Ocean Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Club Hotel Providenciales
- Ocean Hotel Providenciales
- Ocean Resort Providenciales
- Ocean Club Turks Caicos
- Ocean Club Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales