My husband and I had trouble making up our minds on where to go for vacation this year. We've been to several islands but this was our first trip to Turks and Caicos. I know others have said this before & we'll say it too - it will NOT be our last. It was wonderful from beginning to end. I loved that fact that the island itself (Providenciales) was not severely built up & commericalized like many other islands have become. We wanted a quiet, peaceful vacation & that's what we got.
We went from 7/31/13 to 8/07/13 and had the most perfect weather with a light trade winds breeze everyday.
Ocean Club was the best choice for us for many factors. We usually stay at all inclusive resorts but for the amount of money you pay for the amount of food & drink you can consume it can be outrageous although convenient. So we tried the condo route this time. It was perfect. The condo had everything we could have needed or ever wanted, just like home. Although we didn't have a need to use the dishwasher or washer / dryer, had we stayed longer it would have come in handy.
Our condo overlooked the freeform pool & we still never heard much noise from that area. It was a short walk to the other pool & huge beach. Miles & miles of the most perfect beach - Grace Beach!! We always found lounge chairs / umbrellas every day without scoping one out at the crack of dawn. The resort & grounds was well kept & the staff was always friendly.
We ate breakfast & lunch every day at the condo in the screened porch. We were able to purchase all our needs at Graceway the local grocery store. Ate all our dinners out. We ate at the Cabana Bar & Grill a few times, Opus twice, Sunset Grill (at the sister resort) & Caicos Cafe. They each had great menus with plenty to choose from. The service was a little slow at each BUT get over it, you're on island time. Relax!
If you choose to rent a hobie cat, SUP or sea kayak it's located right there on the beach.
The resorts shuttle was a plus which was at your disposal to bring you back & forth to the sister resort Ocean West.
I could go on & on about how much we loved the place but if you have any specific questions you can always ask me.
Again, if you're looking for a low key, peaceful, relaxing vacation you're crazy if you don't stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Club Resorts is comprised of two beachfront properties, Ocean Club and Ocean Club West, located one mile apart on stunning Grace Bay Beach. The intimate resorts offer a “Stay at one, Play at both” opportunity for guests to enjoy all the services and amenities of both. An easy stroll down a beautiful stretch of beach is the popular way to get between the two resorts, although guests can be chauffeured by a complimentary shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Ocean Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Club Hotel Providenciales
- Ocean Hotel Providenciales
- Ocean Resort Providenciales
- Ocean Club Turks Caicos
- Ocean Club Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales