“Grace Bay Club - think quintessential Tommy Bahama Caribbean!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
21 Day Advance Purchase
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Dallas, Texas
“Grace Bay Club - think quintessential Tommy Bahama Caribbean!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Think quintessential Tommy Bahama Caribbean destination with pristine, beautiful beaches and an island experience that offers both the allure of an under-developed island and all the modern amenities of a 5-star property. Unquestionably the elegant, upscale property with what locals describe as the ‘closest to the Ritz service you can get on the island’ and ALL ocean view/front rooms. Notwithstanding my personal preference, the best outdoor space I class, too. (It was the first on the island in class, so it's centered and has more room than others It is spread out nicely with the widest beach. Easy to do all Welcome Reception and Gala events on property given the options (and especially since there aren’t many great off-site non-hotel options outside of dine-arounds). Nicely appointed with the original hotel (Adults only) and on each side, the Villas and Estates (up to 4-bedroom options providing add’l 5-star venue options on property). One of my favorite service features: personal concierge, so EVERY guest gets a Nokia phone where they're never more than a call away-- from anywhere on property OR on the island! Lastly, breakfast included and free calls to the US & INT’L are a BIG plus here! The Villas and Estates have an owner's closet but they are consistently fashioned! Food and service (for an up and coming island) are above average.

Room Tip: All rooms here are ocean front/ocean view. Can't go wrong!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Keep looking!

We had wonderful expectations of peace, serenity and romance when we booked the our Honeymoon at the lavish Grace Bay Club. We also flew the best and started the trip right with a wonderful first class flight on United direct from beautiful Newark , NJ. Be prepared or forewarned for the Turks Airport. For a place where 85% of the economy is tourism the airport ( you know travelers , tourists in and out place) is not up to the task.

After the madness of the one room, under construction airport we made our way to the Grace Bay Club. We were greeted by a cocktail and wonderfully appointed trendy lobby. The check was quick and friendly. We were then greeted by our personal concierge who gave us a full tour of the property ending in our would be room. The concierge (W) exclaimed and here is your room , which I promptly replied " I didn't believe so" . See we had booked a ocean front suite with a guaranteed picture perfect Caribbean view we were given a ground floor suite with a view of trees and the back of a bar. After three hours of waiting we taken to our new new room on the third floor by our second concierge (G) Not what we pictured but it was much better then the ground floor. I figured they saw two younger looking kids on a honeymoon , "lets stick them in here, they wont know the difference". We are not exactly young kids (mid thirties), educated with master degrees and both well traveled. This last statement sounds pompous I know , but ya see at the Grace Bay Club you are only treated like royalty until the next wealthier guest checks in. What a way to start a honeymoon!

The grounds are kept very nice at Grace Bay Club, the beach is amazing , the adult pool has an intriguing infinity edge. Sounds so wonderful doesn't it? And then the Boston or should I say Baaston Wedding Crew checked in. (You Know who you are out on the internets!!) This rowdy bunch trickled in during our stay and continued to be “those people” the entire week. From falling down drunk on the beach (into an open umbrella), acting a fool Cancun Style at the swim up bar ( located conveniently in the kids pool ???) to the one wonderful late evening when someone at the Grace Bay Club decided to give a wedding party guest a microphone. She proceeded to sing bad, really bad karaoke style at 12:30 AM at the beachfront bar in front of the main guest building. This ear splitting, no sense of key or tone screeching continued on for 45 minutes until we called the front desk. The front desk said they would take care of it and call me in the morning. The next morning the concierge (W) apologized and offered a free Spa Massage (which we already did) a $60 massage to make up for a $400+ a night of lost quiet time. Sounds about even. To clarify I am not blaming the Grace Bay Club for the behavior of random guests, but they do need to make certain that ALL guests are happy. Not just the ones who paid the most.

The food at Grace Bay is good , not great by any means. The fancy restaurant with the light up menus is good not great for the prices charged. They have many trendy menu items including a Malaysian Seafood over glass noodles (spaghetti with frozen seafood?). The meal was delicious but not worth the $200 bill. When traveling here be prepared to open your wallet! Duh, you may say its Turks & Caicos playground of the rich and famous but each and every bill has a 12% sales tax and a 10% service charge added to it. They also look for an additional 5-10% tip on top. So roughly add 27% to every meal and you can get a good idea before the sticker shock arrives at the end of each meal. Way to bilk the people who drive the total economy. Figure about $100 per day on the beach for lunch and few $6 cans of diet coke and a minimum of $200 per night at dinner. Not being totally frugal but I like value for my hard earned dollar. Many restaurants in the area ( Not related to Grace Bay) charge very high Caribbean tourist prices for frozen seafood and mediocre choices labeled as “island cuisine” We often travel to Aruba (twice last year) and when you leave restaurants there you are often heard exclaiming “that was the best meal of my life” In Turks and Caicos its more like “ that was edible “ Except for Coco Bistro! Make your reservations from home way, way way in advance. Its a local place with an amazing owner that may just be the nicest person you will meet in Turks. Celebrity sighting are common. Our included Troy Aikman, Donnie Wahlberg and the lovely "Singled Out" host Jenny McCarthy. We liked it so much we ate there two nights in a row. Well worth the $200 price tag. But back to Gray Bay

To wrap up my real world review I would summarize with the following. When we were sold the resort by our travel agent we pictured a serene honeymoon setting. My fiancé and I figured there would be quiet like minded couples there to enjoy the sun and sand. Maybe relax the days away and read a book on the beach with little to no disturbances from the Frat/Sorority crowd and only a small amount of children travelers. Besides you are there to make babies, not listen to them whine at breakfast. If you are looking for true peace and privacy you need to look into other options. If you are picturing a Bora Bora type of setting I suggest you look into an adults only resort.

Post Script. I had the added bonus of having to itemize my room bill after and trying to recount the differences between 7 lazy beach days to find an error. The Grace Bay Club had overcharged my room number by about $180. When I presented the error to them after much back and fourth they replied with the often heard “no problem” . I know Grace Bay Club , I know… not a problem , not a problem ….. We were not seen off by our concierge (W) & (G) I am sure they figured we both had enough.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GMGraceBayClub, General Manager at Grace Bay Club, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your disappointment with your recent stay at Grace Bay Club. Every guest’s experience is important to us as we strive for the finest in service and facilities. Unfortunately, during your stay, we apparently fell short of our goals and your expectations. For this I apologize.

I’m sorry that you did not like your first room however I’m happy that we were able to move you to another room on a higher floor as you requested.

Regarding the wedding group, we are surprised by your comments as they were a really wonderful group of nice people. We did not witness or receive any reports or complaints from guests or staff regarding the wedding group. We apologize that we did not realize that it was a problem for you otherwise we would have moved you to another part of the beach as the entire group stayed in the same building.

Music at every wedding on our property stops promptly at 11:00pm. It is impossible that a guest grabbed a microphone at 12:30am to sing as this wedding also ended promptly at 11:00pm. We always carefully monitor any weddings to ensure that the curfew is adhered to.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy the food in Turks and Caicos. This is not the feedback we usually receive from guests as we have a number of fine dining restaurants on Island many of whom have received numerous accolades and industry awards. Regarding the taxes, they are mandated by the government of the Turks and Caicos and include a 12% government tax and a 10% service charge; you are not obligated to leave a tip.

Thoughtful feedback is a gift, we thank you for your input.

Morris County, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We just returned from a 5 night stay at the villas at Grace Bay Club & Resort and it was totally spectacular!!! The premises are gorgeous, the service extremely friendly and the beach/ocean are like paradise. You start your day with Shirleen cooking your price included breakfast, followed by David providing water sports equipment, followed by Cordell bringing cold, refreshing drinks to your beach lounge chair or even to you in the ocean, and end a perfect day with Madeline serving you cocktails around the fire pits at night. All 4 above mentioned staffers go way beyond the expected level of service and make this resort a magical destination.

Room Tip: The rooms are all spacious and well furnished. Definitely request a room with a balcony facing the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bentonville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We just returned from a week's stay at the Estates at Grace Bay Club. I personally have never written a review, but I read 100s of them every year before choosing a hotel for our annual beach vacation. This year, after much research, we decided to go to Grace Bay Club. Almost all of the reviews for this hotel are glowing and perfect. I agree with much of what has been written, but there were a couple of areas I felt the hotel needs some improvement in. We stayed in a 3 bedroom in the Estate part of the hotel. The views from the living room were amazing - absolutely gorgeous! The beach was awesome - the water was absolutely gorgeous, the sand was amazing and the beach was very well kept. If you love the beach, for sure, this beach is top notch! The location of the hotel is nice. There are nearby restaurants, a grocery store, sundry shops, and other things all within walking distance. It felt very safe walking around, even after dark. The hotel gives out unlimited bottled water (which is very nice in my opinion b/c I've been places where a week's stay will cost you hundreds of dollars just to buy water to drink). The staff was very friendly. The concierge was helpful and attentive - they took care of whatever we asked and promptly. They were great. The beach and pool staff were also extremely friendly. They made sure we had the food and drinks we wanted during our stay. Emmanuel and Amado were both especially great to take care of us all week. The pool (at the estate side - as that is the only one we used all week) is great - it is pretty, well-kept, perfect water temperature, and aesthetically pleasing. So, overall, the hotel is a great place to stay. The breakfast included in the room rate has plenty of options. The fruit served as part of breakfast always looked fresh and tasted great. I think they need to work a bit on delivery though because many mornings our room service food was lukewarm at best by the time it got to us. Still, the food overall was not bad (not the best I've had but not the worst either). So, overall - these were the great aspects of the hotel. A few items I felt deserve a bit more attention though. First, housekeeping. Sweet turn-down staff - very courteous and timely. But, cleaning staff - very disappointing to me. The hotel room was "surface cleaned" at best. When we checked in, there were clearly parts of the room that had not been cleaned (such as the bathroom counters - they were clearly quick wiped because I took a Klenex and wiped across the counter and picked up a nice amount of someone else's hair, etc.) That bothered me. The floors were not clean either. I know they did a quick surface mop and that's all because when you walked across the floors, it didn't take long for your feet to be black. That really offended me. The bathroom light went out on day one and on day seven it still had not been replaced by housekeeping. The coffee sugars and paper towels in the room, for example, would not be replaced without us having to call after the daily cleaning and say - hey, we don't have any sugars or paper towels left. Those types of little things I felt, especially the cleanliness, should have been top notch for a room that cost $2500 per night. By far, this was my biggest disappointment. The only other item that I felt really was a shame was the cabanas at the estate pool. Very rundown looking - in need of a makeover for certain. Torn chairs and the wicker pulling off the table legs, no trash can for your trash, staff just leaving the plates sitting there all day after you eat, not cleaning up, etc. Never once during our stay did the cabana get cleaned (i.e. the floor washed down, table you eat at wiped up, etc.). The fridge was ancient - barely got cold and was rusty and worn out. Again, not something to keep you from staying at the resort as overall it was a great place on a perfect beach. But, I just want to put these few critiques out there so that perhaps management can work on improving these areas - especially as the resort ages even more - they need to pay more attention to care and quality if they want to continue to charge the rates they do for rooms and keep their status as a top hotel. That's it - everything else was wonderful. It was a great stay and like I said - this beach is second to none! I just wish they had been more diligent in cleaning our room and keeping the cabana areas from looking so dated and rundown. Also, we paid for the private SUV pickup at the airport. Great service - someone from the hotel met us there with cold waters and escorted us to our vehicle. That was a nice touch by the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GMGraceBayClub, General Manager at Grace Bay Club, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Grace Bay Club via TripAdvisor. We are happy that you overall enjoyed your stay with us.

Every guests experience is important to us as we strive for the finest in service and facilities. Unfortunately during your stay we apparently fell short of our service goals and your expectations.

We are terribly sorry for the housekeeping service issues you experienced on arrival and during your stay with us. There is absolutely no excuse for what you experienced. It is totally unacceptable and not the Grace Bay Club standard our guests are accustomed to.

All of your comments have been shared with the appropriate managers and staff for review and action. We have also shared your positive comments with the appropriate staff as this type of acknowledgement from our guests encourages staff members to continue to provide excellent service.

Thoughtful feedback is a gift and we are grateful that you have shared your thoughts with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Grace Bay Club very soon.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The premises are from the nineties and need serious renovation. The service is pretentious (you get a "personal concierge", but he/she is quite useless) and unfriendly. What a waste of (a lot of) money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your disappointment with your visit to Grace Bay Club. Every guest’s experience is important to us as we strive for the finest in service and facilities. Unfortunately, during your stay, we apparently fell short of our goals and your expectations. For this I apologize.

From your review we note that you stayed with us nine months ago, unfortunately we have no record of any issues you experienced during your stay at Grace Bay Club. We are very sorry that we did realize your stay was so horrific.

Feedback is an important component of our operation and we always seek to solicit feedback from our guests while they are staying with us and do our best to rectify any issues they are experiencing.

We always strive to offer the finest in service and facilities. Our service goals are to anticipate guest needs and to be responsive to those needs on a timely basis.

Thoughtful feedback is a gift and we thank you for your input.

Englewood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This property is amazing. A mere 15 minute drive from the airport, you can be on white sand beaches, looking at turquoise water and drinking Mojitos within half hour from the time you land.
The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are spacious and the staff is friendly. What this property lacks is attention to fine details. Service is slow, house keeping is mediocre, some towels are old and overall the rooms are a bit outdated. The breakfast is wonderful with a lot of choices and the service is friendly. The lunch and dinner menus are not extensive but ok. Some dishes are extremely delicious and some ok. The beach itself is beautiful and very spacious, you do not need to wake up early to get a chair. However, the beach chairs are a bit outdated as well and service is extremely slow on the beach. What this resort needs is a crash course from Four Seasons Resort and Hotels and they can be the best hotel in the Carribean.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third and fourth floors have better views.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GMGraceBayClub, General Manager at Grace Bay Club, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Every guests experience is important to us as we strive for the finest in service and facilities. Unfortunately during your stay we apparently fell short of our goals and your expectations. For this I apologize.

We are terribly sorry for the housekeeping issues you experienced during your stay with us. There is never any excuse for service issues. It is totally unacceptable and not the Grace Bay Club standard our guests are accustomed to.

All of your comments have been shared with the appropriate managers and staff for review and immediate action. We are always grateful for guests’ feedback as we use these comments to make our product and service better.

Thoughtful feedback is a gift and we appreciate that you have shared your thoughts with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Grace Bay Club very soon.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Our recent family trip celebrating a Special Anniversary was truly amazing. The staff and management, aware of our party, did everything possible to enhance our joy. Us, along with our children, each had a beautiful luxury suite in the Adult Hotel. All views of the water.
Complimentary gifts of truffles and chocolate strawberries, wine and champagne filled our days days of celebration. Thank you Ajay......you are amazing.
Wonderful evening meals, so uniquely created by Chef Frank, just perfection and so delicious .
Morning breakfasts were most plentiful, anything you desire, just ask. And, they were served by Junie.....she is the best!
Our time on the beach and pool was great. Our chairs, towels and iced water bottles were waiting for us each morning....Just like for all the guests. No waiting or fighting for lounges there. They are happy to serve. Thank you Cordel, Marc and Belin.
Spa services on the beach by Sian and Raline were so relaxing. Not to be missed.
The resort is beautiful, truly a tropical paradise. Evenings by the Infinite Bar, delicious tapas, beautiful music and the waves against the shore. What could be more romantic.
Santhana was always there to recommend another great wine.
What more can we say....thank you Management and staff for making our Special Anniversary a family celebration we will never forget......and one that should be repeated again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Grace Bay Club? Share your experiences!