“Lovely Stay; A few improvements necessary” 4 of 5 stars

Grace Bay Club
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Grace Bay Road | PO Box 128, Providenciales   |
Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Florida
“Lovely Stay; A few improvements necessary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Just returned from a wonderful stay at GBC. We very much enjoyed it and would recommend it. Upon arrival we were greeted with fresh towels and a cool beverage. We opted for water instead of rum punch. Check in did seem to take a bit even though it was just entering their slow season. A young gentleman began checking us in but the process was handed over to someone else as he ended up accompanying some guests up to their room. The lady who finished checking us in led us up to our room.
Upon entering the room you're immediately blown away by the view. We were on the 4th floor and had unobstructed views of the ocean. The suite was quite spacious and the decor was fresh and contemporary.
We were given a phone to contact our own personal concierge (Kenny or Godfrey, in all honestly we never did meet Kenny but Godfrey proved very helpful). We got lots of directions to local restaurants and such from Godfrey and the next day whenever he saw us he always remembered to ask how we enjoyed it, or if we had any problems getting there.
To be honest there were a few touches we appreciated: the complimentary stocked champagne, the fruit plate on arrival, the complimentary bottles of water stocked daily, the complimentary bottle of bug spray, complimentary rum punch throughout your stay. We travel the Caribbean extensively and many properties have cut back, it was refreshing to see that GBC was trying their best to not only anticipate guest needs but also give a good experience.
Of all of the restaurants on property we preferred Krave. The breakfast buffet was good, a few more flies than I would have liked but the staff was always courteous and welcoming. June was always a pleasure to see in the morning, always smiling, always bright.
The beach boys were always attentive, Josimar and the rest always went out of their way to get you set up really fast and on your way to relaxing. Llyod at Stix was a pleasure, too bad I didn't try the jerk corn.
The one major downside to our trip was that there was construction going on right beneath us where they were extending the kitchen and adjacent where they were working on the kids-allowed pool. We booked this trip through a travel website and there was no mention of construction. I also called the property prior to our arrival to enquire about accomodations for our 6month old and still no mention of construction. Most days we didn't mind cause the hammering wasn't loud and truthfully we weren't in the room much. However on the last two days there was an immense amount of drilling, so loud that it could be heard even through the sliding glass doors. It was rough. Our daughter couldn't nap and it was probably our toughest days there, making for little sleep at night due to cranky baby. In all fairness we did let Sandra the manager know. She was very accomodating and invited us to Anacona for dinner. We ended up getting it delivered to the room because our little girl was just miserable from being kept up by all the noise and we were exhausted. The meal was good and I appreciated her attempts to try and rectify things.
A few places on the Estate side poolside were a bit worn and in need of repair or care but overall I think the property was wonderful. We went during low occupancy and had the run of the beach, the attention of the staff and a good experience.

Room Tip: choose a high floor, all rooms have balconies but the view gets better and better the higher up you...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I travelled with another couple to Turks and Caicos during the 3rd week of August. I had heard some great things about Grace Bay beach but we were unsure of which hotel to choose, but I'm happy to report that we all felt that we chose the best hotel on the island, Grace Bay Club. We have travelled quite a bit in the Caribbean, Mexico and Europe so we have pretty high standards and Grace Bay Club met them all. The proximity to the gorgeous beach combined with a luxury resort and amazing service made for an extremely enjoyable holiday. We were surprised on arriving at the airport that they have a check-in counter there, where the fellow organized our taxi within minutes, the fee is charged to your room. There was a very calm and welcoming reception at the hotel, and our rooms were sorted quickly while we sipped our rum punches. We were a bit disappointed with the location of our room due to its proximity to some summer construction at the nearby restaurant but our request for a new room was granted within a couple of days. We were given a spacious room in the extremely quiet adults only Hotel portion of the resort. Our concierge, Gifford, was amazing, after giving us our own cell phone on which we could contact him any time and making some wonderful recommendations for our stay, he organized all of our restaurant reservations, the rental of a car, and a snorkelling excursion. When we called with changes in our plans, he handled it all superbly. He is what every concierge should be. The beach is absolutely beautiful with a huge expanse of white sand and no rocks or seaweed to be found and at this time of year, the ocean temperature was as warm as any heated pool. All the beach and pool staff were extremely helpful, placing a bath sheet around each padded chaise lounge as well as providing a large beach towel for use. The floating mattresses for the pool and the ocean were the icing on the cake, there was nothing more relaxing than floating for hours on the ocean. The servers of food and drinks at the beach would come when you raised your personal flag to draw their attention. All the staff were great but we had one particular server, Ben, who was truly amazing, fast, polite and extremely friendly. The food and drinks were all great. My only critique would be that it would have been nice to see a little more evening entertainment, nothing too crazy, maybe a little jazz band. When they did have a live musician a couple of evenings, he was placed in a dark corner where you couldn't see or hear him and I think he stopped playing by 9:30. There was a fire show of some sort but it was finished by 8 p.m., the time we came for our dinner reservations. I can understand that people who go to bed early or have small children with them don't want to be disturbed at night, but is an end time of 11:00 of light music really too rowdy? When we were in Spain last year there was a two piece jazz group that played and sang at the edge of the hotel restaurant. The weren't on a raised stage but they had theatre lights and were well located so we felt that we were being entertained by professionals. Anyways, that's just a personal preference and we were extremely relaxed and happy by the end of our vacation. We were quite excited at the end of our stay to see Stevie Wonder and his family casually walk into the breakfast restaurant one morning. He was there to celebrate his daughter's wedding at the hotel, so if the hotel was good enough for Stevie, it was certainly great for us!

Room Tip: Ground floor suites in the Hotel allowed for easy access to the adult pool and beach, with a couple...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Recently my newly wed husband and I spend our honeymoon at the Grace Bay Club. From the start we were met with friendly faces, a complimentary glass of rum punch, and cool flowery-scented towels. Our personal concierge service was amazing, thanks to Willah and Boda. Any arrangements we needed, they were there to get it done, and quickly. The food at the resort was amazing every day. From the complimentary breakfast buffet to lunch on the beach to a romantic dinner in the sand, everything was cooked perfectly and served with a smile. We were also impressed that the beach wasn't crowded during our stay. We only started to really run into people over the weekend, but we able to enjoy a peaceful spot on the beach every single day. The local excursions were great as well. There is a lot to do and much fun to have. This place was the most beautiful I have ever seen. The junior suite we stayed in was very roomy and just gorgeous. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was huge! We opted for the romance package, and were not disappointed. Do not be afraid to ask for anything, as they are there to please and if they don't have what you want on hand, they won't hesitate to run out to the store to try to find it for you! Willah did such a good job of making sure everything was just as we wanted it, that we included him on an order of banana fritters on us! By the way, you have to try those....very delicious! We could critique a couple small things, like the fact that the shower water temperature did not seem to have an adjustment and was slightly hotter than we would have liked. However the overall experience at this resort was just wonderful. What an enjoyable, memorable honeymoon. I highly recommend this resort to anyone looking to have a relaxing beach vacation or even if you want to stay busy, Bring the family or come as a couple. There seemed to be a nice mix of families vs. couples and all seemed to enjoy the area just the same. I would definitely return to Providenciales and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The junior estate suite was amazing. All rooms face the ocean so you can't go wrong!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We spent our honeymoon at Grace Bay Club (June 3-8). The resort accommodations and staff exceeded all of our expectations. We already hope to make plans to return for an anniversary!

We met our concierge almost as soon as we arrived, and received a tour of the resort to familiarize us with all of the options on site. Throughout the week, Kenny and Godfrey were our concierges. They were attentive and helpful with any question that we had. They helped us arrange a snorkeling tour off of the island. They recommended which tour we should do and made sure we had everything we needed the day of – even calling us to make sure we were there without any issues. We were so appreciative of their attention to detail too! My birthday was a few days into the trip, and they, along with a few other members of the staff, surprised me with a cake and balloons. They also arranged to send a bottle of champagne and strawberries on the last evening of our honeymoon. These are things that we will certainly never forget! Thank you, Kenny and Godfrey, for adding to such an unforgettable experience.

The food at Grace Bay was wonderful! We tried all of the restaurants on site. We knew that continental breakfast was included, but we were so amazed at the buffet display that we came back each morning. Stix on the beach was one of our favorites for a light lunch/snack. We also arranged for the private dinner on the beach, which was truly an unforgettable experience. The food and service was great – and you can’t beat the exceptional view of the sunset at Grace Bay.

We were definitely satisfied with the accommodations as well, which was a room in the Villas. The room was spacious, modern and clean. Our view from the fourth floor was great too. We enjoyed the time we spent on the balcony each evening.

Overall, we were completely satisfied with our experience at Grace Bay. We had heard of what an amazing island it was, and we are glad that our travel agent, Lynda Hower, from Dream Makers Vacation Services recommended this resort to us. It surely was our dream honeymoon – and we will always cherish the memories we have of Grace Bay Club. We hope to be back soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Summit, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Let me be the first one to say that I never do such reviews. However, after my recent stay at Grace Bay Club I felt obligated to enlighten everyone on how over the top the complete resort is from head to toe. I have been many many places but something about Grace Bay Club made you feel at home.

I'll start with all the workers who are extremely helpful and will bend over backwards to make you happy. Upon my arrival, I was given a local cell phone in which I could easily contact my personal concierge running from small to huge things. I will not give up my personal concierge name as he is one of the best individuals I've worked with in many many years. For example, if there is a slight problem the problem is Fixed immediately. No questions asked. If you needed to talk to hIm simply call him from your personal cell phone they provide you and it will get done. With all that said you do not have to have a concierge cell phone with all the people that are willing to work with you and make your trip just like home. This is just something Grace Bay Club goes beyond what anybody needs or has to do in order to make you have every single amenity out there available at your fingertips.

In regards to the room, it doesn't get much better than this. I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Aspen and I can go for days and days. The room is impeccable and the grounds are manicure to precision. This resort is not for everybody. Yes the price is expensive, as it should be, but you will not find another resort with complete perfection in every single amenity, accommodation, work ethic, friendly people, exquisite beaches with hands down the best location at Grace Bay.

Now I could go on and on about many complimentary offers the hotel offers such as breakfast for free, free water sports, etc. But in my true opinion it really comes down to social service with a smile at one of the most exquisite resorts/beaches around.

I showed up for a week for my honeymoon and I'm still trying to think of a single problem that arose during my stay. If you were truly consIderIng comIng to Turks and CaIcos I strongly suggest you give a serious consideration into taking a closer look to the Grace Bay Club as you will not be disappointed.

Thanks,
Tom A. Abdalla
Attorney at Law

NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We came here as a family exactly a year ago and had a miserable time (see prior posting if interested in every detail). After writing my first ever TripAdvisor review to detail how shocked I was by our poor experience, I followed up with a message directly to the hotel owner Thierry. This led to a very generous offer to come back and try again. So we did and I am so glad! What a night and day experience. This time was absolutely perfect in every way. Since we already had our bearings, and a short stay of only 3 days, I did all my planning for excursions and dinners before hand with Krystal and Morgan Luker - the latter is head of the Kids Club and is the most amazing person. I presume given our experiences last time, we were given a generous room upgrade which had me posting on Facebook "I think I just checked into heaven". Gorgeous and spacious for us and our 2 young children (10 and 7). Everyone was attentive and helpful. Food was great at Grille Rouge. And the Kids Club is really the best thing. Margaret and Edith are so wonderful. Admittedly, it is a bit more geared to girls than to boys (more arts and crafts things to do, mixed in with watersports like learning to sail and paddle boarding). So that worked out well for my daughter, and my son stayed with us. We did every excursion possible in 2 full days time - 9 holes of golf at Provo Golf Club, waterskiing for the kids, Glow Worm tour with SURFSide Academy booked through Morgan, bottom fishing for my husband and son, and Island Vibes snorkeling. Dinner at Mr. Grouper and Coco Bistro excellent. I am glad we gave it another chance and just wish we had more time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
East Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Grace Bay Club is stunningly gorgeous. It is an outdoor, beach, poolside fantasy world of understated elegance. Relaxation is all we felt every moment there. We enjoyed our dinners at the Rouge Grill, food and setting was great. Staff was lovely. Two dinners at the fine dining Anacaouna were quite nice, with live music playing at the nearby Infinity Bar. Madeline at the Infinity Bar went out of her way to welcome us. Evan the bartender was so happy and welcoming. Breakfast staff was always great. Hostess cheerfully welcomed us and sat us at our favorite spot as much as she could. Sitting poolside was blissful, a great atmosphere provided by the friendly and considerate Amado and Ben. We were wonderfully looked after, with cold waters, fresh towels, and intuitive service all day. Mark, poolside, helped us with towels, and happily shifted our umbrella when we asked. All of the wonderful days spent enjoying the pool is credited also to Denny who ensures it all operates so smoothly. Our personal concierges Kenny and Godfrey went above and beyond to make our stay even more comfortable. Checking in on us, setting up lovely dinners and excursions. All of these guys are stars of the Grace Bay Club. We loved every minute and are looking forward to our next visit.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Grace Bay Club? Share your experiences!