“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   Penn's Rd | Grace Bay, TKCA 1ZZ, Providenciales   |
Maryland Line, Maryland
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Let me say, I don't give out compliments if it is not merit. MY husband stayed at Coral Gardens from 9/18 to 9/24/13. This was the perfect hotel for us. The beach is great. The grounds are kept up with lush plants and trees. I enjoyed walking the path with the green and colors. The beach is kept clean and the look out on the waters just so beautiful and calming. We had a one bedroom ocean front going back to your room to sit out on the balcony and look on to the ocean blue is great. Having one bedroom is also great as there is plenty of space. We stayed in room 4103. It has a kitchen which came in handy as we brought breakfast foods to prepare and it worked out great; all the pots, pans, silver ware, coffee maker for those who drink coffee (we do tea) blender two tvs one in bedroom and other in living area great as we do not watch the same thing for late night tv. I have stayed at large 5 star hotels as I am in sales and sales conferences and actually I prefer this place over as it small and intimate. We have traveled extensively in the islands, to name a few St. Luke, St Martin, Barbardos, Aruba, etc Mexico, Hawaii, Bermuda and many other and this place Coral Gardens is one of our favorite (top 3). The staff Matthew, Robin and Raulo are great to work with as they take time and effort to help you. Doing your job with a smile and being genuine means something. As some staff at places I have been too to their jobs but you can tell they are just that doing a job with no joy. I believe they want to see you in enjoy your stay. There is no spa or fitness center, However walking on the beach Is just great in the mornings come back jump in the beach very relaxing.
To sum it up
1. Great Beach and Location, close to restaurants, airport
2, Room great clean, daily maid service (tip the maid as they do not make much money and groceries is so expensive on this island.
3. Staff great attentive to your needs.
4. Price is right GREAT VALUE
Only down side restaurant was not open as it closed for the month of September as a lot of restaurants on this island close for September as the slower season. For us it was a great time to go in September less crowds.
I would most definitely return to Coral Gardens for my next trip to Turks and Caicos. HANDS down. I would be back next year however, have not visited the same island back to back as I want to see all the Islands on my bucket list. Anguilla is on store for next year, however, I will be back to Turks and will stay at Coral Gardens for sure.

Room Tip: Room 4103 great view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

If you are in to water activities such as snorkeling or SNUBA, you can't beat the Coral Gardens on Grace Bay. You can literally walk out of the resort, to the beach, into the water, and be on Bight Reef. Some of the most interesting fish that I saw during my stay, were while snorkeling right there on Bight Reef. No cost. No long boat rides. You're right there. There is also a dive shop right at the resort, that can arrange snorkeling and SCUBA trips, and Jodi Taylor has a SNUBA operation, with one of the excursions being Bight Reef right in front of the resort. The resort is also within beach walking distance of the Thursday Night Fish Fry in Bight Park.

I went as a single, and had a Garden Room, which turned out to be the second bedroom of one of the larger suites. If I went again, I would spring for the '1-Bedroom Limited View' for an additional $50/night. This would give you a much larger space with a fully equipped kitchen, and a limited view of the ocean.

On the premises is also the 'Somewhere Cafe' serving very good food for lunch and dinner. I believe it will also offer breakfast when some renovation work is completed.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Not only is this the best value on the island, it's also one of the nicest. The staff could not be nicer! Robin, Valentine, and Matthew are absolutely the most wonderful people, more like family really! They go out of their way to make sure you are taken care of. Matthew even made a trip to the airport for us to collect one of our kids that had arrived a day late. They provide you with a local cell phone for free and you can purchase inexpensive international minutes. The rooms are fantastic. Very spacious and beautifully decorated. We had a 1 and a 2 bedroom connecting unit on the ground floor facing the second pool. It was perfect! It felt like the pool was just for us! I will mention that there are the ruins of a hotel that went bankrupt right next door. However, it did not bother us in the least. If anything, it kept noise and people away. If you enjoy snorkeling, there is no better choice than Coral Gardens. The reef is right in front. Somewhere cafe is terrific and right on the property. We also loved Mr Grouper's which is low key and not far (no view but great food!). The only thing I would do differently is rent a car. Taxi's are expensive and there is so much to see and do. I loved every part of our vacation and will definitely be back next year!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The hotel was great. The rooms are actually condos and we had a ocean view front room. they are great. the glass doors open all the way and you have a beautiful view of that amazing beach. the kitchen was fully equipped and me and my hubby enjoyed that they had a blender (margaritas). The bedroom is separate and elevated and the bathroom is fairly large. The location is amazing since its a short drive to either side of the island. The restaurant on the vicinity is ok and the food was good, but I am a bit picky when it comes to food. The drink prices were fair in comparison to other places on the island. The best part of the hotel is of course the snorkeling right in front of it. The hotel is quiet and very nice. I am not sure why it only has 3 stars because it was very nice and clean.

Matthew was with whom I made my reservation with and who greeted us. he is extremely helpful and was very helpful in explaining things about the island.

I must say this was one of my favorites trips we have taken.

Room Tip: Definitely take an ocean front condo. Search online and call directly to get a better price.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Elkins Park, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed at the Coral Gardens in June (my husband, adult son and I) for a week. Without hesitation, it met our hopes and exceeded our expectations. First, on Provo and in Turks, what could be wrong?! The beaches are breathtaking! Coral Gardens was the best. First, the location is perfect...on Grace Bay, on the beach, directly in front of the national snorkeling reef. Every day, sometimes several times a day, we would make a run around the reef, each time seeing different beautiful sea life. The Condo itself is the perfect tropical paradise. Our unit, beach front on the 2nd floor, was the perfect view. Well upgraded and extremely comfortable. The staff, Michael and Robin especially were gracious, knowledgeable and helpful. They gave us a lot of good tips for our stay. We did rent a car which we found very helpful in exploring the island and going out for dinner. Not everyone rents a car - but we recommend it. Without it, we would have felt a little stranded. We had heard rumors that everything was very expensive on the island. Well, for the most part, these were not rumors. However we did manage to find truly excellent restaurants which were not expensive. Fair warning, however, AMEX is not accepted everywhere, and some restaurants only take cash - especially the smaller ones. Not much in the way of shopping, so do not have any hopes other then the expensive tourist shops and the few locals. The Conch Farm is a must see -- very interesting. And the scuba is really good...especially the walk-in night dives. Truly a vacation we will always treasure!

Room Tip: second or third floor to guarantee an ocean view - if you are in an oceanfront condo.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Devils Lake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Location, location, location.....so if you are snorkeling for the first time it is wise to stay here so you can simply go out the door and put on the fins and mask and hit the coral reef...not once, but three times a day.....and if you are a dogmushing couple from North Dakota, celebrating your 40th anniversary....this is just a wonderful experience.....thank you Jaya and all who made this trip so very special.....Roger and Nancy Johnson

Room Tip: Just ask Jaya what her suggestions would be (she was right on for us)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Central Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Just spent a week at this location and, like many of you, we read and re read TripAdvisor reviews with hopes of finding a great place to vacation. We stayed in room 2022 which is an ocean front one bedroom condo. This was our celebration trip for our 30th wedding anniversary and we were also celebration my wife's birthday. Obviously we wanted our accommodation to be nice, and at the very least, not something we regretted. Coral Gardens on Grace Bay, and specifically our room (or a room like ours) was perfect for our trip. We rented a car (a must for experienced travelers) and we while we enjoyed our room, we also experienced as much of Provo as possible. This place is strikingly beautiful. The Condo was spacious, clean and comfortable. "Somewhere" is just steps away providing refreshments food and live music. I think this is one of the best locations on Grace Bay. Just in front of Bight Reef for easy and great snorkeling. A short walk down the beach to the west is another great coral reef (directly in front of the Aquamarine Beach houses). The staff was friendly, helpful and attentive. You really should consider staying at Coral Gardens and you really must see this beautiful island.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Coral Gardens on Grace Bay? Share your experiences!