“Gansevoort Hotel Turks and Caicos Islands” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gansevoort Turks + Caicos

You added Gansevoort Turks + Caicos to your Saves list
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales   |
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
“Gansevoort Hotel Turks and Caicos Islands”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Went with a few friends and family. Staff are great, friendly, efficient, and very helpful. Environs are aesthetic, rooms are beautiful and practical. With our group, we experienced different rooms with different views - all very beautiful.
The restaurant served the best meals. Fresh, tasty, well presented. The dining experience for breakfast and dinner (Lunch served at beach dining) are just so pleasant and relaxing. Love it.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Gansevoort_HG, Digital Assistant at Gansevoort Turks + Caicos, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Kerry-Ann B,

Thank you for the lovely review and kind sentiments. We hope you had the chance to experience the full beauty of the island. Explore it farther on the open sea aboard our catamaran or beachside riding horseback. Although relaxing, there’s never a dull moment in paradise. We hope to see you again!

Gansevoort Turks + Caicos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I spent 3 nights at Gansevoort in Turks and Caicos in October 2013. I'm sorry for the late review but it was the time of my life and must take the time to still submit my review! I traveled alone to celebrate my recent retirement from teaching in Georgia. I can't say enough about the experience I had even being alone. I never felt alone because the staff and the island locals made me feel very welcome and attended to my every need.
First, I must thank Kim the gracious hostess at the Stelle restaurant for being a hostess throughout my stay. She truly understands how to make guests feel welcome and extended the warm island spirit in a special way. Daphny at the concierge desk was equally helpful and made sure that I was able to get reservations for dinner anywhere I chose as well as enlisting the help of management and a co-worker (I'm sorry don't have names) to get me a last minute reservation for horseback riding on the beach. Dapny also referred me to the most reliable and personable cab driver Rueben, who took care of all my transportation needs in a gracious safe manner. Oh and did I mention that Daphny also told me where to purchase make-up because I mistakenly left all mine at home. I have to also mention that Kim was very resourceful as well. Thanks for the wonderful time at Bugaloos'. The owner was very gracious and the food and entertainment was a true island experience.
The housekeeping and the grounds were excellent. All the staff at gansevoort take pride in their work and were always present for my every need, even though it was the off season. My apartment (not just a room), one bedroom oceanfront was a dream come true. I can't wait to visit again. I highly recommend this resort for anyone that is looking for a dream vacation.

Room Tip: Go oceanfront all the way. You feel as though you live on the beach!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Gansevoort_HG, Digital Assistant at Gansevoort Turks + Caicos, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear christinaatl,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We truly appreciate your sentiments and will pass them along to Kim, Daphny and the rest of our team. Sometimes a solo trip to paradise is just what the doctor ordered, and we’re delighted your getaway was positively memorable. Next time, check out Exhale Spa’s blissful offerings. Sink deeper into relaxation with one of their signature massages or kick-start a beach day with a core fusion class. The opportunities are endless! We look forward to seeing you again.

San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

It really is perfect. Well almost. The high-concept design is beautiful. The beach is the best I've ever encountered. The service is warm, unpretentious, just right. The physical plant cannot be beaten. You approach the lobby then are blown away by the view straight out to the emerald and sapphire caribbean. The premises resemble a greek temple (though not in any over-wrought way). Rooms are comfortable, well appointed. Ours is one of the cheaper options, yet we have a substantial lanai with a beautiful ocean view. I don't think there are any rooms that have less of a view than ours.
The failings: the eurotrash techno soundtrack at the pool. Just not necessary. I come here for peace and quiet. I don't want to feel like I'm in a second tier Berlin fern bar. The beach service could be a little more pampering; the guys who take care of you at the beach do a great job as far as they go, but frankly at this price point, I expect the occasional sorbet or fresh fruit, or even a micro serving of haagen dazs. (Hello, the Four Seasons called...they want their beach perks back). Breakfast is adequate, but it really ought to go beyond adequate. They need more special treats....custom made omelettes don't really cut it. Smoked salmon? Raw bar? Even waffles on demand would be an improvement.
I can't wait to come back here. Seriously. Despite my nit-picking, this is the nicest place I've ever stayed.

Room Tip: They're all good.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear joeblitzflick,

Thank you for the detailed review. We’re delighted with your compliments and look forward to your second trip to paradise. We take your feedback to heart and will pass them along to our team. Next time, be sure to indulge in a meal or two at Stelle Restaurant for a fine dining experience by the beach. The whole roast caicos lobster tail with roast fingerling potato, drawn butter, and buttered broccoli is a must. Pair it with their classic reserve sangria and you’re set. We hope to see you again very soon!

Cold Spring Harbor, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This was our 3rd trip to TCI but the 1st one just as a couple. The Gansevoort was the perfect spot for pure relaxation and togetherness... Room was huge, spotless and extremely comfortable, and the view of the ocean was bliss. Dinner reservations made by the concierge were spot on (def go to coco bistro) and lunch on the beach was more than enough after the huge breakfast they offer. We reserved a beach bed everyday for a small fee and it was truly heaven! If I had one tiny complaint it would be the spa. Our massages were wonderful, but the area needs updating. The "relaxation room" was right next to the pool, so you are laying outside in a courtyard listening to the people and music on the other side of the fence! Still in all, it was an amazing long weekend and we are already planning our getaway here for next year!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear mnacc,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We’re delighted you enjoyed a blissful romantic getaway together on the island. Next time, we suggest you spend a day jet skiing under the sun and later take a boat excursion to watch the sun set over the ocean. The opportunities are endless in paradise! As far as your time spent at Exhale Spa, we appreciate your feedback and will pass it along to their management. We look forward to seeing you both again next year!

Holly Springs, North Carolina, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Gansevoort! The room was lovely, the staff attentive, and the beach beautiful. The pool is fantastic, the breakfast buffet was delicious and the location is great for snorkeling Bight Reef. We enjoyed the meals we had at the onsite beach bar and the daiquiris we enjoyed on the beach were delicious. We had the pool view room directly above the restaurant, which turns into a club on Friday evenings. While we are young and enjoyed this, I would not recommend this room if noise at night bothers you. There was a wedding there on the Saturday night that we stayed, which also meant music and revelry directly below the room. Again, we enjoyed this but I know it is not for everyone. We would definitely stay here again! Thanks to the Gansevoort for a fabulous long weekend!

Room Tip: If noise at night bothers you, do not get the pool view room directly adjacent to the restaurant.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear NCSULiz,

Thank you for the great review. We’re thrilled with your sentiments and will pass them along to our team. Since you enjoyed the nightlife at Stelle, we bet you’d love the nearby Da Conch Shack. At this local restaurant and rum bar you’ll find an authentic atmosphere paired with fresh seafood, quenching cocktails and live music. Paradise is relaxing, but there’s never a dull moment! We look forward to seeing you again.

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed at this resort at the end of October to celebrate our anniversary. The staff was very welcoming, the resort was very clean, and the complimentary breakfast buffet was more than adequate. The location was ideal and the beach was stunning. It is a great boutique couples hotel as it is small and quiet ...great for reenergizing exhausted life batteries.
I think the only improvements that could be made are a more extensive bar/beach food menu with island specialties and an honest evaluation by the management of drink prices (which we can afford) but found a little eye opening!. How much is enough profit??We mostly chose to leave the property for other vistas and destinations for dinner and drinks due to awesome restaurant options off site.
The only other negative was the catamaran company that picked us up at the hotel that was recommended by the concierge at the hotel. We went on this recommended trip but found the captain and the mate to seem bored and not very helpful. I think the folks at the Gansevoort should reevaluate their association with this company.
Overall, these are minor complaints and we had a blast and will definitely be back!!!
We highly recommend a stay highly at this hotel if you are looking to relax.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Gansevoort_HG, Digital Assistant at Gansevoort Turks + Caicos, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Lisa B,

Thank you for the detailed review. We’re delighted you celebrated an important anniversary with us on the island. We truly value your feedback regarding the menu at our beach bar and will take it into consideration. Prices can be high on the island due to the location – luckily vacations were to indulge! Currently, Chef Mahdi at our Stelle restaurant is running a three-course chef special for under $50. For more deals, check out our offers. Perhaps you’d be interested in our “Mr. + Mrs. G” package for another romantic escape. It includes complimentary bubbly, a couple’s massage and much more. We look forward to seeing you again!

Oslo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Gansevoort T&C offers unique surroundings, delicious food, crisp sheets, relaxing environment, excellent service, friendly staff. This hotel must be run by a very good and visible management. If you have not been there yet, book a room.
This was our second trip here, and I am convinced there will be more.
Family of 6 grown ups from Norway

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear aknOslo,

Thank you for the great review. We love when guests keep coming back for more and we will strive to deliver a positive experience each time. We strive to provide the royal treatment and are happy you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. Since you appreciate relaxing, check out Exhale Spa’s therapeutic massages. They will surely melt you into an ultimate state of bliss. We hope to see you all again!

Gansevoort Turks + Caicos

Been to Gansevoort Turks + Caicos? Share your experiences!