“Relaxing Babymoon” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Miami, Florida
“Relaxing Babymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Great modern hotel. Received an upgraded room during the slow season. Friendly staff. Great breakfast included in rate. I would definitely recommend for couples looking to relax during a romantic getaway.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Amazing hotel!

1. Fantastic robes and slippers
2. Plenty of bath products upon request
3. CLEAN rooms and fantastic room service
4. Top of the line appliances
5. Amazing view from out patio (beachfront 3rd floor suite) - loved the glass deck for unobstructed ocean views
6. Delicious breakfast - healthy options of granola/fruit/poached eggs on request
7. Top-Notch staff for our stay/experience
8. comfortable semi firm beds, super soft sheets and nice pillows.
9. separate soaking tub that filled from a spout from the ceiling. Enough room for 2!
10. DVD players in living room and bedroom (open plan) for movie night!
11. Bose speaker with remote - just like home!
12. For lying out on the beach, they will do a beach set-up for you with towel and umbrella. Also nice lounge chairs versus slotted plast ones.
13. Pool/towel setup at the pool - LOVE details like that. Ultra nice pool lounge chairs that allow you to lay next to your lovey when they are setup next to each other!
14. Nice pool and clean grounds

Room Tip: Beachfront suites are exquisite! You can't go wrong. Super modern and clean lines! Fabulous!!
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I got married at the Gansevoort Turks + Caicos in September 2012. At the beginning of the wedding planning process (Dec 2011/Jan 2012) it was very challenging to plan this wedding as the first wedding planning coordinator we dealt with did not follow through on expectations and requests in a timely manner. Fast forward to May where we connected with the NYC based team to discuss our difficulties in planning our wedding. A NYC based event coordinator, Linda, was hired and she stepped in and made the wedding planning transition seamless. Our wedding went off successfully with the help of Linda, Jessica (manager of Stelle), and the servers: Lavonne and Geraldine. The weather was perfect and our guests enjoyed the wedding dinner and bonfire that followed. Teresa Brunner of DMC provided the beach arch for our ceremony; Environmental Arts provided our bouquets and boutonnieres; our wedding cake made by Diane Guess was absolutely "to Di for." I had never tasted a better wedding cake or seen one that held up so well in high humidity. Sherlock Padmore officiated our ceremony successfully. Shenique was the hair and make-up artist for my sister in law and I and we were very happy with the end result. She was able to replicate the looks we wanted from the photos we showed her and was open to making any changes that we wanted. Linda coordinated all of the above elements for our wedding. The wedding dinner was absolutely delicious. The ambiance from the bonfire was a great closing to our small intimate wedding as friends sat around on the beach beds smoking cigars, drinking and making s'mores.

The Gansevoort Hotel is a chic, upscale boutique hotel that my husband and I just loved. We loved the intimate vibe and sophisticated decor. Upon arrival we were greeted with cocktails and then given an overview of the hotel and services provided as we were escorted to our room. We were extremely pleased with the friendliness and hospitality of the staff. We had a lovely view of the ocean - it was exciting to wake up every morning to the breathtaking view of the clear blue water. The staff was very accommodating with any requests we had (additional bathroom amenities, water, dinner reservations). We appreciated the daily evening turn down service where chocolates and 2 bottles of water were provided. The beach staff was very courteous - we were able to use the beach beds and beach activity equipment are provided (snorkeling gear, kayaks, paddle boards). The pool is gorgeous and I loved laying on the pool rafts.

We highly recommend renting a car if you plan on dining off the property as taxi fares can add up. If you go during September, check to make sure the restaurant you want to dine at is open as some businesses close for a few weeks during this time. Load up on the sunscreen - the sun is STRONG in Turks & Caicos. Visit the Bight Reef, a 10 minute beach walk from the Gansevoort where you can snorkel (we saw a sea turtle!). Go on the Caicos Dreams Tours excursion - worth the trip and the experience (departure from the property). Be prepared for the high prices on everything - Turks and Caicos is not an inexpensive place to vacation, but worth the visit! We are already considering going back to Turks & Caicos and staying at the Gansevoort for our one year wedding anniversary!

Honorable mentions for the Gansevoort T+C staff:
Linda Cangro - NYC based Gansevoort T+C events coordinator who helped with the wedding preparations and was also on site during our wedding day and ensured it was a success
Jessica - Manager of Stelle who went through every detail and logistics of the food and beverage portion of our wedding event
Reggie & Diane - Front Desk staff who were always accommodating to my questions and requests with a smile and positive attitude
Jean-Francois - Concierge manager who made sure we were enjoying our stay; he even made sure to stop by the front desk to say goodbye on the day of our departure!
Evan - Beach manager who knew who we were and made us feel special as newlyweds

Room Tip: Definitely splurge on a room with an ocean view!
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were honeymooning the first week of October. The moment we walked out of the taxi into the resort lobby - we were blown away by the staff and quality of the atmosphere. Just amazing!

It is true - the pictures do look identical to what you will see at the resort. I believe they take great pride in keeping the property well-kept. I saw active management throughout our stay - but not an obtrusive presence. The staff is very attentive, courteous, professional, and will truly take great concern in all of your questions and/or concerns. I loved it! The pool area - I loved this the most, very trendy and calming - spa like music playing throughout daytime. Love the look and feel. Our room was a pool view deluxe suite. We enjoyed the amount of space we had - and quality of the bath/mini-kitchen/bedroom. Lovely balcony. Since we were honeymooning, they left us a bottle of champagne in the room upon our arrival. Housekeeping comes at least twice daily to clean and then also they leave 2 bottled waters/chocolates - very nice touch, we really appreciated the water. The ocean front staff - they were all a pleasure to be around, very attentive to our needs, would always come and check on us. We never had an issue about getting the complimentary chairs daily. Appreciated their help and service every morning! The outdoor bar/lunch staff were equally helpful. Mackenzie was most always our bartender. At the stelle, Kim aka "Kim-possible" and Melvin were our favorites. Truly made the experience!!! Thank you. Food at lunch was wonderful! Dinner was OK. Breakfast was my favorite! The spa - we had a couples massage, nice atmosphere at the exhale spa, they were able to fit us in without a appointment. Massage was nice, I enjoyed it a lot, my husband liked it as well, but felt that he has had better in the past. I give it 4 stars. It was slightly over priced..The only other thing that is worth mentioning, due to the location of the hotel, we always had to take a taxi everywhere, and it was probably a better deal to rent a car. It wasnt a big deal, however, taxi rides multiple times a day can get expensive.

Can't wait to visit again and also visit the other locations.

New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I just returned from an amazing but short 4 night trip to Turks and Caicos. The hotel was absolutely gorgeous and the room was upgraded which was unexpected and welcomed!! The staff, overall, were incredibly helpful, respectful, and available but also would leave you alone if you wanted some privacy. We also received a birthday gift for my husband of champagne and cupcakes! What a nice touch (they remembered from an email I had sent to confirm the reservations). I have to say the entire presentation, from the entry way, welcome, room (thanks again for the upgrade!!!), beach/sand, staff, pool, was out of this world.

My only complaint was the restaurant, Stelle. Breakfast was great, and we had the free buffet daily. We ate at the main restaurant, Stelle, the first night. Although the food was ok, it was not worth the price. The service/food was not matched to the cost or the feel of the Gansevoort. On Sunday/Monday, Stelle was closed at night. On of those nights we ate, instead, at the more casual beach bar restaurant (we had lunch there the first day which was good but watch out for the $14 pina coladas!!!). It was not such a great experience; my salmon was raw and the service was pretty bad in terms of getting it fixed. First they threw it back on the grill and gave me a chopped up half version of the salmon. I asked for a new piece which resulted in watching other customers get their salmon, waiting for over 30 minutes for another piece, all the while watching the open kitchen and hearing them make jokes about how long mine will take. Then the chef came over, after my husband complained, and asked him (jokingly) to smile, without an apology or explanation. He did end up bringing me my plate and said 'this is for the princess'. It could have been well-intended, but the whole thing felt disrespectful and less than high end service (or even basic chain restaurant service). In the end, the food was good, but even for the more casual fare the service/food/presentation did not live up to the standards otherwise found at the Gansevoort. We aren't that picky, btw, and consider ourselves foodies rather than snobs. Go out to eat, especially at Coco Bistros which was amazing from beginning to end.

Room Tip: I guess getting a balcony is great, although we only got one due to an upgrade. Rooms with a balcony...
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I stood here in December of 2011 for 9 days. We had the most relaxing time ever which was just what we wanted following a year of wedding planning. I am a neat freak and this room was the cleanest room I have ever stood in. The staff was friendly and made sure you were always happy. I would love to come back real soon!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed at the Gansevoort for my honeymoon and was completely blown away by the excellent service and attention provided by ALL of the staff members at this hotel. There were a few negative reviews on Tripadvisor that concerned me but I can assure you that those were completely unfounded. I'd like to address a few of the complaints previously listed on Tripadvisor:

1). Loud music played at the pool:
There is spa like music played throughout the day but it is not distracting or obtrusive. In fact, my husband and I felt that it added to our relaxation during our time at the pool and restaurant.

2). Obnoxious New York guests:
While we did meet several guests from New York we found everyone to be very friendly and spent time with several other couples during our week long stay. I have NO idea why anyone would say this.

3). Very Limited Breakfast Buffet that doesn't change:
Why change perfection? When you offer a very diverse buffet why WOULD you change it? The breakfast was one of our favorite things about our stay. From fresh fruit, Illy coffee, made to order omelets and a vast array of croissants, bagels, toast, muffins, english muffins, and condiments we found everything we needed.

4).Poor service and absent staff:
Our experience could not have been more different than this while at the Gansevoort. Each staff member went above and beyond to get to know us personally and make sure we had everything we could need or want each day. We never had to chase anyone down for anything. Again, when I read this complaint I wondered if they were possibly talking about another hotel. Every couple we spoke with at the resort shared our feelings towards the excellent service provided. When my husband lost his wedding band while paddle boarding the staff even helped us snorkel for almost an hour until we found it.

Upon arrival at the airport we were immediately met by a Gansevoort representative who handed us cool water, took our bags, and arranged a taxi to take us to the resort. Once we arrived the friendly staff were waiting for us with a cool towel and cocktails. We were shown around the resort and then taken to our room where a bottle of champagne and fruit were waiting for us.
Daphne, the concierge, was able to set our dinner reservations for the entire week, set up a private boat tour, and a round of golf in just a few moments. Even when we had to change a few things around she was completely accomodating and patient.
We took advantage of the spa, pool, beach beds, paddle boards, and snorkel gear. Again, I can't begin to say enough about each and every staff member we encountered. Each staff member greeted us with a smile every day and proactively checked on us to make sure we had everything we neeeded...drinks... towels.
We will definitely visit our new Gansevoort family again and would encourage you to do the same. You will certainly feel like "family" during your stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Gansevoort Turks + Caicos? Share your experiences!