“Best so far in Providenciales” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #51 of 118 Restaurants in Providenciales
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
New York City, New York
“Best so far in Providenciales”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Had dinner here tonight and my mother and I enjoyed it immensely. We started with a tasty salad that had watermelon, feta cheese, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and cilantro. She had the shrimp and vegetable with penne (which she said was delicious), I had the Angus beef filet. The presentation of the food was excellent. The service was heads and tails any other we have received. It had rained earlier in the evening so there were fewer tables available and we did have to wait despite our reservation. But this was understandable under the circumstances and the food was worth the wait. I also had the chocolate truffle torte for dessert which was rich and scrumptious.

• Visited January 2013

“The best on Provo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

A wonderful evening all around. By far the best bar on island for a pre dinner cocktail, then dinner in a beautiful garden. I had fresh tuna-and I mean Fresh! My husband raved about his steak. Our waiter was friendly and service fantastic.

Ottawa, Canada
“Beautiful setting, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The setting was gorgeous , under the stars, nciely lit and tables set apart enough to enjoy the surroundings. Service was a bit spotty, but friendly. The food was good, but not great. My seared tuna was nicely cooked but lacked seasoning and the accompanying sauce overpowered rather than highlighted. My wife's shrimp pasta was good, my son's Mahi beautifully presented and the best of the dishes. My younger son ate from a much appreciated kids' menu. The highlight of the meal was the coconut dessert, which was rich, gooey and outstanding.

Prices are in line with other restaurants in Provo.

All in all, the ambience made the food taste better than it was and we will definitly return on our next visit to Provo.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
TCI
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Had been here previously for drinks and decided to stay for dinner tonight....amazing! Wonderful! Perfect! Nothing at all to say other than a must try for anyone!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Surprise & Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

After a rough start at another restaurant (you can check my reviews to determine which one) we made a last minute reservation at Opus for our party of 6 having no idea if it was highly recommended or not. We arrived and entered the bar area. Nice modern feel with a lively and happy group enjoying cocktails. We were seated outside under the stars immediately. The dining space is well planned with tables far enough apart to have conversation. The trees have lights lending to a warm glow. The night we visited Opus had a guitarist who played and sang. A few in our group went up to dance and the other parties smiled and laughed. Good vibe at this place. Service was prompt and I owe a big thanks to our server. I ordered what I thought was a bottle of champagne. It was a very small split. Instead of simply serving it she came over to confirm I wanted to spend big dollars for a split. I didn't so her discretion is appreciated. The menu contains a broad range of offerings from steaks to fish. My group went for the big rib eyes and couldn't stop raving about the steaks. I ordered the Snapper and it was incredibly fresh and prepared simply. Our son ordered a flight of rums and the staff was so nice as they made a special deal about our 23 year old and his rum. Our daughters ordered dessert and the Carmel coconut is to die for. We finished the night with coffee and espresso. Our daughters boyfriend got a Cuban cigar to celebrate a new job and it was simply the epitome of a perfect night. Opus tied for #1 with our group for the 7 restaurants we visited on the island. Price was very fair for fine dinning.

Visited December 2012