My husband and I recently traveled to Turks and Caicos (4 days, 3 nights) for the first time and chose Villa Del Mar for its affordability and availability. We traditionally stay in highly rated and exclusive resorts such as Four Seasons in Nevis, The Westin in Aruba, and Pueblo Bonito Pacifica in Cabo San Lucas (just to give you a background on my previous travel accommodations and experiences). We booked this trip the day before and we were pleasantly surprised by the resorts close proximity to the beach, the Grace Bay Club (where we enjoyed their many restaurants and amenities, Grill Rouge, The Lounge and Anai Spa), shopping and dining. The rooms are very spacious with large balconies and bathrooms. Each unit is equipped with washer/dryer and kitchenette area for convenience. I highly recommend grabbing some snacks and beverages at the graceway supermarket (10 minute walk) for mid day and evening munching. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and accommodating. They helped us arrange dinner reservations, taxi service, and even a late check out to accommodate our late afternoon flight. This is a smaller boutique hotel without many amenities however the rooms are clean, nicely decorated and close to all. My only critique would be that the linens were clean but stained and the rooms could use a little TLC (fresh paint to cover scuffs and scratches). The continental breakfast was good although if you're looking for a full breakfast The Vix at the Regent Village (10 minute walk) was outstanding! The beach service was good, helped us with our towels, chairs and umbrellas each day and provided snorkels, paddle boards and kayak. At a quarter of the price compared to the many larger resorts, I wouldn't stay anywhere else for the value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Mar is the perfect island retreat for a vacation filled with endless sunshine and delightful diversions. Located on Providenciales (a.k.a. Provo), the most developed island in the Turks and Caicos chain, Villa del Mar is just steps from the 12 mile strip of sugary fine sand and cerulean blue water known as Grace Bay Beach, internationally recognized as one of the world's top 10 beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Villa del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Mar Hotel Providenciales
- Hotel Del Mar
- Del Mar Hotel
- Villa Del Mar Turks And Caicos/Providenciales