“Tranquility at its finest with a touch of serenity” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Every 3rd Night Free
Ranked #12 of 44 hotels in Providenciales
New York
“Tranquility at its finest with a touch of serenity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2009

Gorgeous! Having been to beaches all over the world and every one in the Caribbean, Grace Bay, as also noted by Conde Naste, is within the top 10 of the world. I’ve been going to Turks and Caicos for over 14 years. One of the reasons I like the West Bay Club over other resorts is due to the beach that resides immediately in front. It is the widest part of Grace Bay. This helps your privacy since the next lounge chair is not two feet away from you. The Beach attendant will go beyond the norm to help you to set up under a pre-made straw hut or he’ll put up an umbrella just for you where ever you want. Relax on one of their rafts and you might get lucky and a turtle might swim under you. The harmless stingrays will definitely go by.

Rent a car. It does not matter the West Bay Club is on the Western end of Grace Bay. To truly appreciate the island and restaurants you should rent a car. Cabs are very expensive and the island, as a whole, needs a cab dispatcher. Other resorts will advertise they are in the middle of shopping etc. and are walk able. Walking will limit you to a few restaurants.

Our personal favorite restaurants are Coco Bistro, Magnolia, and Mango Reef. Coco Bistro is in the middle of a nursery and you are surrounded by palm trees. Service is impeccable. Magnolia has great views and if you go, make reservations 30 minutes before sunset. Mango Reef, probably the most value for the money, has great food. Drive to Blue Hills and try some of the local shacks, especially the Conch Shack. I’m not crazy about conch, but my friends could not stop eating it. The front desk personal will help get you there, via cab or give you directions, they are very helpful, courteous and knowledgeable.

Back to the West Bay Club. The last few times I’ve gone to Turks and Caicos I stayed here. The rooms are unbelievable with an incredible layout design, wall to high ceiling windows and all suites (not studios) are ocean front with a nice size terrace that has a table for four and two chaises. Your view will be breathtaking. You do not feel like you are in a hotel room, you feel like you are in a home, very comfortable and you can see the water from every vantage point within your room. Another main reason we stay at the West Bay Club is because it is quiet and peaceful. It is not noisy or over crowded and it is very laid back. My motto is “You can go to noise and night life but you can not go to serenity and relaxation” If we got a little bored, which we didn’t, we walked to the Gavensport next door and listened to a band on a Saturday evening. They also play music by the pool all day. My point is, we could walk to the band but you can’t walk to relation. What if you didn’t like the band, you going to listen to it all day? I prefer my I-pod and head set during the day.

If you do stay at the West Bay club, go to their site directly as they sometimes have seasonal discounts you can use by booking directly.

What to do when you are there? There is great snorkeling about a 10 minute walk at the Alexandria National Park which is a protected reef right off the beach. The resort has snorkeling gear free of charge. Did I mention all the little things make you enjoy more? They also have a SeaDoo Sea Scooter. Try saying that 10 times real fast. It’s a little device that you hold and it propels you through the water. We were impressed Dane, the General Manager of the resort, approached us often to make sure we were enjoying our stay. He even took us out on the large Hobbie Kat they have. Nice guy, friendly. Between Dane, Roxana and Antoinette (Barmaid) we felt very comfortable as they kept asking how are we, is there anything we need? We also Para-sailed. There is not much of a night life on the island. Calico Jack’s has a good local band on Friday night, the Gavensport (next door) has a band from 7:00 to 9:00 on Saturdays. The Tiki Hut has a really good band but I drank too much to remember what night we were there! There are two casinos. I’ve gone to the Players Club which I always enjoyed the most because the locals play there and they’re fun to be with. We used the resorts on site spa and loved it.

We did a day excursion by ourselves by taking a ferry over to Middle Cacios. At the Ferry station is a phone number you call to rent a car upon arrival.

West Bay Club’s pool is very nice and deceiving bigger than it looks in the pictures. It is all the little things that do not cross your mind that make you feel like you’re living in luxury at the West Bay Club. I’ve attached a few photos and one is of the chaises at the resort. Notice one; that they have cushions, not just plastic or rubber chaises that at other places you throw a towel on but in addition to the cushions they have a Terri-cloth wrap that they take off so it can be washed. Plus, because it is a boutique resort, there are more chaises then they would need if fully booked. Nothing I hate more than staying at another resort only to have to get up by sunrise to reserve a chaise.

We ate breakfast at the Atlantic Grill at the resort. You do have a choice but we liked ordering off the menu. I tried a different meal each day. It was difficult because I loved each one and wanted to try another item but didn’t want to regret not ordering what I enjoyed the day before. I enjoyed the entire restaurant being outside and even the friendly Chef is out there too. Lunch was perfect. We ate dinner only twice there but the food was fresh and delicious.

It is a good idea to go to the IGA supermarket and stock up on food and rinks. The IGA has everything you can ask for. Beer is expensive, wine reasonable, everything else a bit higher but the quality is good.

If you asked me what are the negatives, I don’t have any. A suggestion to who ever goes there, bring a travel coffee mug and small foldable cooler. You will love walking on the beach in the morning and long evening walks with the sunset. If you do want a long walk, make a RIGHT when facing the water. The left ends in about 45 minutes, the right can go for 5-6 hours. Feel free to write me via Trip Advisor if you have any specific questions.!

Good luck where ever you go and to the employees at the West bay Club, thank you thank you and I will see you in March again!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

498 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Concord, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

My wife and I have been to the Turks the last two years and love the place!! The West Bay Club was GREAT will try to stay next year, the staff did everything we asked. Rooms are large and very nice. The owner is on site.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

The West Bay Club is an amazing resort that is located in the perfect spot in Turks. Removed enough that you can feel lost in the beauty of the white talcum-poweder sand and the most meditation-inducing blue water I have ever seen, yet still close to the restaurants and golfing that you get the best of both worlds. The rooms are well appointed with incredible views and large, luxurious bathrooms. Our room also had a fully stocked kitchen with a small bar area. We were able to entertain with friends before we went out. The staff is warm and professional at all levels and catered to our wants and sometimes even before we knew what we wanted!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to West Bay Club? Share your experiences!