“Will be returning!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Will be returning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Pros:
The location is absolutely breathtaking. The beach is just a few steps from the rooms and the sand is like powdered sugar. Walking into the ocean there wasn't ANY rocks or seaweed, just pristine sand and crystal clear water. There is a coral reef (Bright Reef) less than a five minute walk down the beach that had some great snorkeling. We saw sea turtles and a ton of beautiful fish that come right up to you. We snorkeled there 4 times during our trip. It was nice to have the reef so close by. The WBC also had snorkels, fins, kayaks, and paddle boards for you to use free of charge. The hotel itself felt very safe and was incredibly clean.

It was considered "off season" when we stayed so the hotel was pretty empty. Kind of creepy how empty it was as if there was something wrong with the hotel but I assure you that there isn't! A breakfast buffet is included in the price but since it was empty we got anything we wanted off the breakfast menu. We only ate at the hotel for breakfast but the food was very good; enough options for a weeks worth of breakfast.

Staff was incredibly nice and accommodating although not too willing to spark up a conversation. The guys working on the beach (William was one of them) were AMAZING. They attended to our every need and really made us feel welcome. William got us our same chairs on the beach every morning and brought us our daily pina coladas and lunch :) He also offered paddle board advice when we just couldn't get the hang of it :) The staff was also great at recommending places to eat and the best excursions (we would absolutely recommend doing Provo Ponies and a snorkeling trip with Island Vibes... so much fun!!)

Cons:
Since the hotel was empty and we were on our honeymoon we were hoping we would have been upgraded to an ocean view room but this was not the case. We were told it would have been an additional $150/night for the upgrade. Pretty disappointing since the entire beach-front rooms were dark every single night we were there. Also since we were on our honeymoon we were looking forward to some cute details that every honeymooner dreams of (rose petals on the floor, "congratulations" written on your dessert, two glasses of champagne, etc). These are things we were looking forward to since we can never re-do our honeymoon. Every afternoon when we came back to our room I had my fingers crossed that we would have something sweet to help celebrate our marriage but it never came. If this is something that is important to you I would suggest staying at Beaches or Sandals.. places that specialize in romance. We were invited to a management cocktail hour and on the invitation that was delivered to our room it said "To Mr. Blank and Guest".... not very romantic and a huge oversight on the WBC in our opinion.

Bottom line:
We booked this trip on a whim and felt pretty lucky that we had such an amazing experience. We won't hesitate to recommend this hotel to our family and friends and will definitely be returning. However, if you are on a romantic trip (honeymoon, anniversary) and want the royal treatment, I would look into another hotel, unfortunately.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Palm Desert, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

...seriously...look NO further...THIS is the best place!! And, I did my research!!! :) This was my 2nd time on Turks & Caicos. The first time I stayed at Grace Bay Club which is at the other end of the island and it's also very nice...but a little too big and a little too much in every way. Whereas The West Bay Club (WBC) has a much more intimate *feel* to it...the staff has a way of making you feel so special!! I found everyone to be incredibly friendly...from all the other guests as well as each staff member that took care of me and my family. I want to give a personal SHOUT OUT to KIZZY, Renilie, Jenny, Shacara, Charles, Asha, Rose, Sherika, Davis and Eduardo (and everyone else). The rooms are so spacious, luxurious and comfortable!! My favorite things about the room: the sweeping, panoramic view of the ocean/beach, the comfortable beds, and the long, deep, soaking bathtub!! :) Truly, tho, the luxury suites have everything...perfectly updated. Everything is so close...the parking, the pool, the restaurant, fitness center, spa, and a short walk to the beach and only about 10 to 15 minutes from the airport. IF this is your first time to Turks and you will be renting a car, I recommend HERTZ (hi to Sophie!!) and bring your own GPS after downloading the map for T & C before leaving home. It is really cool and fun to explore in your own car guided by the GPS. Also, check out The Price Club and The DO IT CENTER (located nearby) for inexpensive supplies, including food.

And, now for which rooms to book for the BEST view!!! If you stay on the ground floor, you have the convenience of walking off your patio to a large grassy area and then to the beach...without having to deal with the elevator. However, you will not have the view of the beach as it's blocked by the tall beach grasses. From 2nd floor and up, you will have a view. I recommend 3rd or 4th floor. Apparently, all the one bedrooms are now being classified as the same but when I stayed in July, 2013, there were TWO different types...(1) one bedroom luxury and (2) one bedroom. The one bedrooms that have both an ocean and a pool view are room numbers: 305 & 306 & 405 & 406. There is this A-mazing cross breeze when you have the patio doors open to both ocean and pool (for these specific rooms only). However, these rooms do NOT have a bathtub and they have only 1 bathroom. The room where I stayed in July 2013 is room 401...it is wonderful...2 balconies, 1-1/2 bath, soaking bathtub, and a perfect ocean view, as well as looking towards the Gansevoort Hotel. If you book it as a 2 bedroom luxury, you will get a total of 3 balconies with the 3rd balcony overlooking the pool. The owners of 401 have added some additional furnishings making it even more special!! I can also recommend the following one bedrooms that have the same amenities as 401: 302, 303, 304, 307, 308, 402, 403, 404, 407***, and 408. I KNOW you will be HAPPY in any of these rooms...they are truly spectacular!!!

As for the restaurant...it's *okay* and I understand they are working on making it better!! The breakfast (which is included) is really good. Otherwise, take a walk to the Beach House or Gansevoort next door (on either side) and a little further down the beach to the Somewhere Cafe for great Mexican food!!

You can snorkel off the beach in front of the Somewhere Cafe at Coral Gardens and all the FREE non-motorized beach sports at WBC will keep you very busy as well. Another personal favorite of mine is to drive down to Ocean Club EAST, park in guest parking and walk up the beach towards where it curves...it feels like you are on a deserted island...especially early in the morning. TONS of SHELLS and amazing sea life right off the beach...snorkel to your hearts content!!!

I had heard that the WBC was going to have the same/similar management as the Grace Bay Club and it looks like that has happened since I was there in July, 2013. If that's the case, then I can say, after staying at BOTH Grace Bay Club AND West Bay Club, that they are definitely in the process of making this, THE WEST BAY CLUB, the #1 HOTEL/RESORT in all of T & C!! I love that I will be a returning guest...

I am coming back for THANKSGIVING 2013 and EASTER 2014. Can't wait...dreaming of the West Bay Club in T & C!!! :)

Warm regards to the entire STAFF of WBC!! :)

Room Tip: And, now for which rooms to book for the BEST view!!! If you stay on the ground floor, you have the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband, 4-year-old son, & I recently returned from a stay at West Bay Club. (We had split our TCI trip between The Sands & WBC). I can’t say enough great things about the staff, rooms, service, amenities & beautiful grounds of WBC!! Staff at the front desk were very accommodating throughout our stay (especially Chrissy!). ALL staff was very pleasant & friendly. Our son fell in love with Kelly, & took a video of her on our last day there! Loved the grounds at WBC. My son was amazed by the granite spinning-ball water feature by the beach entrance. He had to stop & examine it each time we walked past it. I must have a hundred pictures of it.

ROOM: We stayed in a 1-bedroom luxury oceanfront (Rm 202) &, from the moment we arrived & they showed us around our gorgeous room (more like a condo), we were in awe. Absolutely gorgeous! There was 1 & 1/2 bathrooms (Master Bath had a giant, deep tub which my son loved, plus double sinks). The washer & dryer comes in handy but – WARNING – give yourself plenty of time to do a load of laundry. The wash cycle ran for about 2 hours (!) & after drying the clothes for 3 hours, they were still damp & had to run longer. So plan ahead if you want to do laundry! Gorgeous living room area (w/pull-out Queen size sofa), with tray ceilings & dimmer lights surrounding the tray (looked so gorgeous at night!). Kitchen was fully stocked with amenities, such as plates, glasses (wine! Champagne! plastic tumblers! you name it!), utensils, cookware, bakeware, dish soap, wine fridge (!), full size refrigerator (w/ice maker!), etc. Living room has surround sound. We loved the radio in the bedroom, too & always had on the local radio stations while in the room. The BED was the MOST COMFORTABLE bed I have every slept in!! It had a down duvet on top, as well as a down mattress topper. It felt like sleeping in a cloud. Our balcony & view was INCREDIBLE! There was a table w/4 chairs out there, as well as 2 padded chairs, little table & comfy chaise lounge. We hung out on the patio a lot.

BEACH: A beach attendant (who was very pleasant) will greet you at the beach & then set up your chairs, towels & umbrella. They can also arrange any boat outings you may want to take (with Island Vibes, who will pick you up right on the beach in front of WBC). My son LOVED the big bin of sand toys that they have available for kids to use while at the beach, that was a nice touch. Most days when we were at the beach, we were the only ones on WBC’s beachfront. The Gansevoort’s beachfront was pretty crowded (located right next door), while ours was very peaceful & quiet.
*Confession: I was a bit apprehensive about WBC’s beachfront prior to our arrival. I did not like the idea of the sea grass being right off their beachfront. I have a funny phobia about sea grass touching my feet. HOWEVER, there is plenty of sea grass-free area before you get to the sea grass, & the sea grass is actually fairly deep, so you don’t walk on it. AND, I have to admit, the snorkeling was incredible above that sea grass!!! I saw lots of flounder, a 4 ft barracuda (!), dove for sea urchin shells, & my favorite snorkeling “find” of the entire trip – 6 little calamari! SOOOO, their beachfront is PERFECT. Sea grass and all. I recommend getting up early & walking down to Coral Gardens to do some snorkeling. I went down one morning at 7am & had the place to myself.

POOL: Our son loved the pool, which had a variety of rafts, pool noodles & balls for kids (& adults!) to play with & enjoy. Their pool is gorgeous, with an infinity edge looking out toward the ocean. I was enchanted with the beautiful tile work in the pool, the colors were the perfect matches of the colors of the waters in TCI. (I would have loved to have purchased a trivet or decorative tile made with these little tiles, to take home!) There are comfortable, padded chairs surrounding the pool, each set up with fresh, rolled-up towels for guests to use. I liked that a section of the pool had a canopy over top of it, so you could sit in the pool & be in the shade.

BREAKFAST: I think this bears mentioning in its own separate section, after reading so many reviews that complain about the complementary continental breakfast. We found the breakfast to be PERFECT! It is served in the restaurant area & we always had WONDERFUL service! The nice lady (I’m sorry, can’t remember her name – Rose?) always greeted us right away, offered to get us coffee & made-to-order eggs, & was very pleasant. I feel badly that people were complaining about the service, b/c it was always excellent when we were there. We loved the foods they served at breakfast, as well: juices, breads, bagels, assorted pastries, cheeses, yogurts, little boxes of cold cereals (GOOD ones, too!), fruit (whole fruits, as well as a selection of fresh-cut fruits, & oh WOW, the fruit was perfectly ripe & so delicious! Really hit the spot!), Muesli (I LOVED this! A mix of oats, coconut, dried fruit, nuts, spices – YUM!), &, like I mentioned, eggs cooked-to-order. My husband & I both got scrambled eggs, & they were THE BEST scrambled eggs I have every had! So, I have zero complaints about the breakfast. It was perfect, in my opinion.

ATLANTIC BAR & GRILL (WBC’s restaurant): We ate here for lunch twice. Both times were EXCELLENT. Service & the food were great. Prices were very reasonable, & the portions were big. My son had the cheese pizza ($12), which was big (not kid sized, it is on the regular menu), & he declared it the best pizza he had in TCI (I tasted it, it really was delicious!). I had the spinach salad w/goat cheese, pecans & mango vinaigrette ($10.50) one time – very good, & the fish wrap w/rice ($14) another time – this was SO GOOD! And BIG. My husband also liked their fish & chips ($15 – VERY big portion). The kitchen is a completely outdoor kitchen, so you can see them cooking your food (& smell it – mmmmm!). My son went to go thank the chefs for his pizza & tell them how much he enjoyed it! They were very friendly to him.
Not sure if they are planning to keep the Atlantic Bar & Grill open, as they are closing WBC in Sept to do some renovations & to build a new restaurant by the beach. I hope they keep the fish wrap! And the pizza!

JAMES’ RUM PUNCH: Okay, this also bears its own subject heading. James made our “welcome” rum punches upon arrival. Oh, they were GOOOOOD! They actually had RUM in them! Love!

We did rent a car for our stay, which I recommend doing, at least for a portion of your stay. WBC is not within walking distance of a lot of different restaurants or grocery stores. I liked that WBC had a gated parking lot for people staying there. You just insert you room card in the little box to open the gates at night. And we always felt very safe there. They have security guards walking around at night (like most of the resorts in TCI).

All in all, our stay at WBC was PERFECT. I wouldn’t change a thing, & would stay there again in a heartbeat.
If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me!

Room Tip: Loved our 1 bedroom luxury oceanfront -- just perfect!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Florence, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I spent a week at The West Bay Club with my family of 5 and was extremely happy with our choice. This is a great spot for anyone who wants to get away from the crowds on Grace Bay but still have plenty to do to keep you busy. The location is perfect .... honestly, it could not be better. The beach is clean and quiet and the beach staff are very attentive. You can walk to many restaurants but we still opted for a car as we wanted the flexibility to explore the island on our own. Our room was great ... clean and large and well-equipped. We had a ocean view which I highly recommend. The only thing that kept this hotel from getting a rating of 5 in my opinion was the restaurant. I absolutely agree with other reviewers that the breakfast is basic ... and does not change from day to day. The staff at breakfast were very slow and we often felt like they could care less. Our solution? We bought breakfast food and the kids ate in our condo ... it was fine. We never ate dinner at the hotel as we knew that we would be disappointed but you have plenty of wonderful choices on the island in both walking and easy driving distance. The concierge is helpful in making restaurant reservations and booking excursions but don't expect a lot of hand-holding ... this resort is really best for independent travelers who are going to do a little research on their own.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Just wanted to thank Asha, Eduardo, and the rest of the crew for making our return trip sensational.
I will echo much of what I wrote the first time around - this is such a phenomenal destination for a family with young children, like our own. The snorkeling could not be easier - and it's not just Smith Reef, there are unparalleled extremely kid friendly snorkeling options the opposite direction as well. The fact that the resort does not overwhelm the size of the pool, and the shade, make the pool easy to use any time of day (or evening).
It was great to see many returning guests from last year, and I think that's a testament to the fact that the West Bay Club is a phenomenal property. The rooms are great, the views sensational, the beach the best on the island, and the water options so easy. My kids are already begging us to book a 3rd trip...
Thanks again to the staff, and we hope to return soon.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Our stay at the West Bay Club was truly the perfect vacation! First of all, T&C is beautiful. Pristine beaches, beautiful ocean views everywhere, amazing scuba diving. Here's my take on the stay: Grace Bay Beach is awesome, but is very touristy and the "main strip" can get crowded. Summer is the low season, but the "main strip" resorts were still pretty full from what I could tell. West Bay Club (and the Gansevoort which is right next door) are located on the west part of grace bay beach (hence "west bay" club). They are isolated from the "main strip" resorts so to me it almost felt like we had grace bay to ourselves. West bay club was only at ~20% capacity when we stayed which helped. I recommend a luxury suite that has a kitchen. we bought groceries from the local IGA which saved a lot of money on lunches and dinner (we only went out for dinner 2 nights during a full 5 day stay, all other meals we made). beach is beautiful at west bay club, breakfast is continental and complimentary (coffee, eggs, fruits, don't expect gourmet). everyone is laid back and very friendly. the only knock would be that the pool facilities are nowhere near as nice as gansevoort (next door) but we didn't go to the caribbean to hang at the pool so it didn't matter to us. overall a great experience and i would not hesitate to go back to west bay club.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

From the time of my arrival to the time of my departure I felt I was in a dream. This was the most comfortable luxurious stay I've had in years. The staff are very good at anticipating your needs and accommodating them to the fullest. I will be back soon!

Room Tip: Let your heart make the choice...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to West Bay Club? Share your experiences!