“PERFECT stay! No complaints!” 5 of 5 stars

The West Bay Club
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Lower Bight | Grace Bay, Providenciales   |
Ranked #13 of 44 hotels in Providenciales
Pittsburgh
“PERFECT stay! No complaints!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband, 4-year-old son, & I recently returned from a stay at West Bay Club. (We had split our TCI trip between The Sands & WBC). I can’t say enough great things about the staff, rooms, service, amenities & beautiful grounds of WBC!! Staff at the front desk were very accommodating throughout our stay (especially Chrissy!). ALL staff was very pleasant & friendly. Our son fell in love with Kelly, & took a video of her on our last day there! Loved the grounds at WBC. My son was amazed by the granite spinning-ball water feature by the beach entrance. He had to stop & examine it each time we walked past it. I must have a hundred pictures of it.

ROOM: We stayed in a 1-bedroom luxury oceanfront (Rm 202) &, from the moment we arrived & they showed us around our gorgeous room (more like a condo), we were in awe. Absolutely gorgeous! There was 1 & 1/2 bathrooms (Master Bath had a giant, deep tub which my son loved, plus double sinks). The washer & dryer comes in handy but – WARNING – give yourself plenty of time to do a load of laundry. The wash cycle ran for about 2 hours (!) & after drying the clothes for 3 hours, they were still damp & had to run longer. So plan ahead if you want to do laundry! Gorgeous living room area (w/pull-out Queen size sofa), with tray ceilings & dimmer lights surrounding the tray (looked so gorgeous at night!). Kitchen was fully stocked with amenities, such as plates, glasses (wine! Champagne! plastic tumblers! you name it!), utensils, cookware, bakeware, dish soap, wine fridge (!), full size refrigerator (w/ice maker!), etc. Living room has surround sound. We loved the radio in the bedroom, too & always had on the local radio stations while in the room. The BED was the MOST COMFORTABLE bed I have every slept in!! It had a down duvet on top, as well as a down mattress topper. It felt like sleeping in a cloud. Our balcony & view was INCREDIBLE! There was a table w/4 chairs out there, as well as 2 padded chairs, little table & comfy chaise lounge. We hung out on the patio a lot.

BEACH: A beach attendant (who was very pleasant) will greet you at the beach & then set up your chairs, towels & umbrella. They can also arrange any boat outings you may want to take (with Island Vibes, who will pick you up right on the beach in front of WBC). My son LOVED the big bin of sand toys that they have available for kids to use while at the beach, that was a nice touch. Most days when we were at the beach, we were the only ones on WBC’s beachfront. The Gansevoort’s beachfront was pretty crowded (located right next door), while ours was very peaceful & quiet.
*Confession: I was a bit apprehensive about WBC’s beachfront prior to our arrival. I did not like the idea of the sea grass being right off their beachfront. I have a funny phobia about sea grass touching my feet. HOWEVER, there is plenty of sea grass-free area before you get to the sea grass, & the sea grass is actually fairly deep, so you don’t walk on it. AND, I have to admit, the snorkeling was incredible above that sea grass!!! I saw lots of flounder, a 4 ft barracuda (!), dove for sea urchin shells, & my favorite snorkeling “find” of the entire trip – 6 little calamari! SOOOO, their beachfront is PERFECT. Sea grass and all. I recommend getting up early & walking down to Coral Gardens to do some snorkeling. I went down one morning at 7am & had the place to myself.

POOL: Our son loved the pool, which had a variety of rafts, pool noodles & balls for kids (& adults!) to play with & enjoy. Their pool is gorgeous, with an infinity edge looking out toward the ocean. I was enchanted with the beautiful tile work in the pool, the colors were the perfect matches of the colors of the waters in TCI. (I would have loved to have purchased a trivet or decorative tile made with these little tiles, to take home!) There are comfortable, padded chairs surrounding the pool, each set up with fresh, rolled-up towels for guests to use. I liked that a section of the pool had a canopy over top of it, so you could sit in the pool & be in the shade.

BREAKFAST: I think this bears mentioning in its own separate section, after reading so many reviews that complain about the complementary continental breakfast. We found the breakfast to be PERFECT! It is served in the restaurant area & we always had WONDERFUL service! The nice lady (I’m sorry, can’t remember her name – Rose?) always greeted us right away, offered to get us coffee & made-to-order eggs, & was very pleasant. I feel badly that people were complaining about the service, b/c it was always excellent when we were there. We loved the foods they served at breakfast, as well: juices, breads, bagels, assorted pastries, cheeses, yogurts, little boxes of cold cereals (GOOD ones, too!), fruit (whole fruits, as well as a selection of fresh-cut fruits, & oh WOW, the fruit was perfectly ripe & so delicious! Really hit the spot!), Muesli (I LOVED this! A mix of oats, coconut, dried fruit, nuts, spices – YUM!), &, like I mentioned, eggs cooked-to-order. My husband & I both got scrambled eggs, & they were THE BEST scrambled eggs I have every had! So, I have zero complaints about the breakfast. It was perfect, in my opinion.

ATLANTIC BAR & GRILL (WBC’s restaurant): We ate here for lunch twice. Both times were EXCELLENT. Service & the food were great. Prices were very reasonable, & the portions were big. My son had the cheese pizza ($12), which was big (not kid sized, it is on the regular menu), & he declared it the best pizza he had in TCI (I tasted it, it really was delicious!). I had the spinach salad w/goat cheese, pecans & mango vinaigrette ($10.50) one time – very good, & the fish wrap w/rice ($14) another time – this was SO GOOD! And BIG. My husband also liked their fish & chips ($15 – VERY big portion). The kitchen is a completely outdoor kitchen, so you can see them cooking your food (& smell it – mmmmm!). My son went to go thank the chefs for his pizza & tell them how much he enjoyed it! They were very friendly to him.
Not sure if they are planning to keep the Atlantic Bar & Grill open, as they are closing WBC in Sept to do some renovations & to build a new restaurant by the beach. I hope they keep the fish wrap! And the pizza!

JAMES’ RUM PUNCH: Okay, this also bears its own subject heading. James made our “welcome” rum punches upon arrival. Oh, they were GOOOOOD! They actually had RUM in them! Love!

We did rent a car for our stay, which I recommend doing, at least for a portion of your stay. WBC is not within walking distance of a lot of different restaurants or grocery stores. I liked that WBC had a gated parking lot for people staying there. You just insert you room card in the little box to open the gates at night. And we always felt very safe there. They have security guards walking around at night (like most of the resorts in TCI).

All in all, our stay at WBC was PERFECT. I wouldn’t change a thing, & would stay there again in a heartbeat.
If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me!

Room Tip: Loved our 1 bedroom luxury oceanfront -- just perfect!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

439 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Florence, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I spent a week at The West Bay Club with my family of 5 and was extremely happy with our choice. This is a great spot for anyone who wants to get away from the crowds on Grace Bay but still have plenty to do to keep you busy. The location is perfect .... honestly, it could not be better. The beach is clean and quiet and the beach staff are very attentive. You can walk to many restaurants but we still opted for a car as we wanted the flexibility to explore the island on our own. Our room was great ... clean and large and well-equipped. We had a ocean view which I highly recommend. The only thing that kept this hotel from getting a rating of 5 in my opinion was the restaurant. I absolutely agree with other reviewers that the breakfast is basic ... and does not change from day to day. The staff at breakfast were very slow and we often felt like they could care less. Our solution? We bought breakfast food and the kids ate in our condo ... it was fine. We never ate dinner at the hotel as we knew that we would be disappointed but you have plenty of wonderful choices on the island in both walking and easy driving distance. The concierge is helpful in making restaurant reservations and booking excursions but don't expect a lot of hand-holding ... this resort is really best for independent travelers who are going to do a little research on their own.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Just wanted to thank Asha, Eduardo, and the rest of the crew for making our return trip sensational.
I will echo much of what I wrote the first time around - this is such a phenomenal destination for a family with young children, like our own. The snorkeling could not be easier - and it's not just Smith Reef, there are unparalleled extremely kid friendly snorkeling options the opposite direction as well. The fact that the resort does not overwhelm the size of the pool, and the shade, make the pool easy to use any time of day (or evening).
It was great to see many returning guests from last year, and I think that's a testament to the fact that the West Bay Club is a phenomenal property. The rooms are great, the views sensational, the beach the best on the island, and the water options so easy. My kids are already begging us to book a 3rd trip...
Thanks again to the staff, and we hope to return soon.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Our stay at the West Bay Club was truly the perfect vacation! First of all, T&C is beautiful. Pristine beaches, beautiful ocean views everywhere, amazing scuba diving. Here's my take on the stay: Grace Bay Beach is awesome, but is very touristy and the "main strip" can get crowded. Summer is the low season, but the "main strip" resorts were still pretty full from what I could tell. West Bay Club (and the Gansevoort which is right next door) are located on the west part of grace bay beach (hence "west bay" club). They are isolated from the "main strip" resorts so to me it almost felt like we had grace bay to ourselves. West bay club was only at ~20% capacity when we stayed which helped. I recommend a luxury suite that has a kitchen. we bought groceries from the local IGA which saved a lot of money on lunches and dinner (we only went out for dinner 2 nights during a full 5 day stay, all other meals we made). beach is beautiful at west bay club, breakfast is continental and complimentary (coffee, eggs, fruits, don't expect gourmet). everyone is laid back and very friendly. the only knock would be that the pool facilities are nowhere near as nice as gansevoort (next door) but we didn't go to the caribbean to hang at the pool so it didn't matter to us. overall a great experience and i would not hesitate to go back to west bay club.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

From the time of my arrival to the time of my departure I felt I was in a dream. This was the most comfortable luxurious stay I've had in years. The staff are very good at anticipating your needs and accommodating them to the fullest. I will be back soon!

Room Tip: Let your heart make the choice...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Scituate, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have to admit I read a fair amount of salty reports about the West Bay Club just before we went. Those folks were all wrong!!
The staff were tremendous and the food at the Atlantic Bar and Grill was great. We ate there several times with our three kids (11,9,5). The food at each meal was great and folks could not have been more helpful.
Breakfast was included in the room and it was great. They cooked eggs for everyone at their outdoor kitchen and the service was great.
The room was over the top. Nobody need a 3K sq ft room on vacation but it was beautiful. The view from the fifth floor was probably the best we have ever had. The beach and the water were beautiful. We walked just down the beach to the reef to snorkel and the staff on the beach got us all set up with a half day snorkely trip and some parasailing!
We will absolutely be back the next chance we get.

Room Tip: Room was HUGE!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our 3rd year in a row staying at The West Bay Club. The property is on one of the widest and quietest areas of beach in Grace Bay. One of the reason's we keep on returning is the quaintness of the property. It's small yet still has a restaurant and bar. The staff is very friendly and helpful yet unobtrusive. Eduardo and the rest of the beach crew were great and always friendly and helpful. Tristan and James and JoSue were wonderful at the bar and also very helpful as well as everyone at the front desk.

We always stay in a one bedroom unit and it has always been impeccably clean and fully stocked with everything we needed. We can't wait to return next year!

For more casual restaurants we like to visit the Conch Shack and Somewhere. For a little nicer evening Magnolia's, Bay Bistro, Hemingway's and Mango's are all great as well.

We booked a 1/2 day snorkeling trip with Provo Sports and they did a great job taking us to Iguana Island and then onto snorkeling and lunch on the beach. Also visited Mudjin Harbour on Middle Caicos and had a great time. It's about a half hour ferry ride to North Caicos and then we rented a jeep and explored North and Middle Caicos. The staff was very helpful and set both of these trips up for us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The West Bay Club? Share your experiences!