“Oustanding Accommodations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Denham Springs, Louisiana
“Oustanding Accommodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Let me begin by saying this resort was outstanding. We stayed the week before high season began. Everything about this resort, the staff, the beach, the rooms, the pool, the location, were all wonderful.
First the rooms, they were very quiet. The only reason I knew there were people staying next to us was because housekeeping cleaned their rooms daily. Otherwise, it seemed like no one was around but us. When we travel, we only have our rooms cleaned once or twice. Even though we had the do not disturb sign up, we placed our trashcans out to be emptied. Upon returning to our room, the trash cans were always neatly placed outside our door and there were usually toiletries and towels waiting for us in the entry way of the shared entrance.
The bathroom was very spacious and the shower always had good pressure. The bed was extremely comfortable and had a variety of pillow types. There were two built in closets for clothing and a chest of drawers. We had plenty of room to store all of our items for a week's stay, and we overpacked.
The Internet. My husband did a speed test and returned 4mbs download speed minimum with a constant connection. We never lost signal. It worked throughout the resort, just not on the beach, which in not a complaint by any means.
The beach was the best we saw on the island. It was the widest beach we saw on all of our daily walks. Some of the other resort beaches were very narrow and packed with people. At the most, there were 6 people on the beach during our stay. Most days there were only one or two other couples on the beach.
The staff working on the beach was wonderful. They always said hello and smiled, even the maintenance workers. Most of them knew our names, as well. Each day they would play cornhole or football with the guests on the beach or teach them how to use the water equipment. They were always nice and smiling and always willing to help out in any way. You could order drinks and food from the restaurant on the beach. It was really nice.
The restaurant and bar staff were all really nice. Josue and Alvaro were awesome. Not only did they give great service, but they were also polite and talkative, as there weren't many people in the bar. They gave good recommendations on dining and drinks and they were always interested in what we had to say.
There were a few complaints about the restaurants when I first read reviews, but I never had a bad experience. We sat down to eat an hour before we had to leave to catch our flight and had plenty of time to eat before it was time to leave.
The pool was really nice. Although the water was cold, it was still really nice and felt good when you got a good sweat going. The lounge chairs were also very comfy and there were umbrellas near every chair in case you wanted the shield your face from the sun, the same for the beach.
The grounds were so well kept, there were landscapers there every day working meticulously to keep up the property.
The resort is located between the Gansevoort and the Beach House. Both have exceptional dining. You also can't miss out on the Gansevoort on Friday night! You can walk to both places. There are sidewalks on the street.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My wife and I spent a week at the West Bay Club over Thanksgiving and it truly couldn't have been a more lovely experience. We were nervous to be spending our first Thanksgiving away from family back in Indianapolis, but the minute we arrived at West Bay we were greeted with welcome Rum Runner, which was just the thing I needed to take the edge off of a day of travel. The hospitality was second to none the entire trip. The rooms at this place were unbelievable. Gorgeous decor, my wife was in heaven. We enjoyed staying in a 2-bedroom Oceanfront Luxury Suite, where the 360 degree views would have been quite enough, but we were on the 4th floor and the view each day when we woke up of the famous Grace Bay Beach was spectacular! (Even if it was 5am....Sunrise this time of year is quite early in TCI) We had another couple joining us mid-week so these accommodations were ideal as the second bedroom was what they call a "lockout." Essentially we shared the main living room, balconies and kitchen of this amazing suite, but the second bedroom had a separate entry, small kitchen, and full bathroom. (You could be completely self-sufficient in these studio-like suites.) If you are traveling with another couple, or in-laws, or older kids who want a little more freedom, this suite was perfect.

The Beach -- Grace Bay beach....so gorgeous, that's undeniable. But if I could say one thing that would sway me one way or another to stay at the west bay club, it is its absolutely prime spot on grace bay beach. If I were to come back to grace bay beach, that's where I am staying and thats the reason why. Its the widest part of the beach, you are far from the next nearest person if you want to be and can have big groups out there together without having to be atop one another. Its so private, quiet, peaceful. Perfect if you are trying to relax. We took a 4 mile walk down the beach past all of the resorts on the first day we were down there and I couldn't stop saying how happy I was with where this hotel was located on the beach after seeing other resorts, with smaller cramped beaches.

A little about food....Thanksgiving dinner was prepared for anyone who wished to order it on the Holiday and of course it was our way of keeping a little bit of home with us on our vacation celebrating this holiday in paradise. "Mamma" as they called her in the open-air kitchen made some of the best stuffing I have ever had in my life and they topped that delicious "taste of home" Thanksgiving meal off with Pumpkin pie. Every morning they offered complimentary breakfast which we definitely appreciated as everything down there, in general, is quite expensive. They had both hot and cold options, with coffee, and lemon infused water which was a great way to start the day in the morning. We tried several restaurants including the Shark Bite, Mango Reef, Parallel 21, Somewhere On The Beach, and Atlantic Grill (At West Bay Club) All of which I will go into greater detail on their respected reviews. The best part of the food experience at the hotel itself was when my wife and I took a deep sea fishing trip (1/2 day Private Charter thru Silver Deep Fishing Tours) We caught several Mahi Mahi on the outing and after we were finished the guys on the boat, cleaned and cut up some of the fish to later be prepared at the West Bay Club. We were able to have our caught Mahi Mahi in the form of both tempura mahi mahi fingers as well as pan fried with our choice of side right at the restaurant that night. SO special! We both had never done something like that before and it was a pretty cool experience.

Weather was cooler this time of year and very windy. It took that edge off of what can be sweltering heat and also provided the perfect conditions for sailing on the Hobiecat that they have available for guests at the beach. I love to sail so it was awesome I could just hop on it and go out for a quick ride and bring it right back or take my wife out with me too. They also had Stand-up Paddle-boards available to use at no charge which is hard-work but lots of fun. Not so fun when windy, but a great workout. Finally, they have snorkel gear available to use at no charge to check out any one of the many coral reefs lining Grace Bay Beach. WBC is located in between the 2 most visited coral reefs in the entire Island of provo, making it the ideal spot for snorkel enthusiasts.

The week went by way to fast, but we enjoyed every minute and would definitely come back to this Gem in the TCI. It's truly a secret treasure that we have been telling EVERYONE about. Can you tell we loved it here? This is perfect place to go with a significant other or group of people looking to enjoy the beauty and tranquility of the Turks and Caicos Islands. Highly Recommended.

Room Tip: Ocean-front anything....you cannot go wrong! You must wake up to the beauty of Grace Bay Beach!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the WBC for 6 nights over Thanksgiving in their king studio room.

We had planned to spend two days with an open schedule, and had 3 days of scuba diving booked.

Firstly, the weather in Provo during our visit was amazing. The breeze was constant, and the humidity very low for a tropical climate. There was twice where the clouds sprinkled for a few minutes, but the sun was out other than that.

The WBC is a very nice property that is for guests who want a quiet and relaxing vacation. It's situated at the Western end of Grace Bay, next to the Gansevoort, and has nice appointments on the property. The fitness center was very adequate to work off all the lobster and conch I consumed, with free weights as well as machines. The grounds are very well maintained, and the staff we met throughout were always with a ready smile and friendly. I've traveled throughout the Caribbean, and not every island is nearly as friendly.

The on-site restaurant, the Atlantic Grill, has good food with reasonable prices, and the lobster burrito is a must-have. The free breakfast is adequate, and you can order a la carte too for a fuller meal.

What I really enjoyed was the beach, and how well it is maintained by the beach crew. They are always eager to help with getting a kayak into the water or putting down towels on the beach chairs. They also rake up any sea grass washed up on the shore.

In summary, staying at the WBC was an extremely pleasant experience. I usually don't vacation in the same spot twice, but Provo and the WBC will certainly be seeing me again soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

WBC is a luxury boutique hotel. The staff is attentive and the ocean front rooms are fabulous. We love being on the quiet end of the Grace Bay and cabs to any of the best restaurants are $5-7 per person. One of our favorite places to visit.

Room Tip: The ocean front suites are worth it. Fabulous views and the sound of the ocean everywhere.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Naples, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed at WBC for 7 days in August of 2012 and had a wonderful time. The condo that we stayed in was great. A beautiful view on the 4th in a wonderful location overlooking the beach and ocean. The executives and staff were very attentive and fun to talk to. They made our stay that much better just by taking the time to speak with us on a daily basis. Lastly, we were also able to meet several owners who were on property at the time of our visit which was also a nice way to understand the vibe of the property. We felt that the overall service standards were very high and plan to be back on an annual basis as a result of our experience.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor in a one bedroom unit. The location provided a great panoramic view of the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The primary purpose of this trip was to attend my best friend's wedding. The hotel was simplistic and charming but for the price...you are getting ripped off. The rooms are small for the price you are paying. The food is excellent but they never have enough. Conch is the main delicacy on the island. The hotel will constantly run out of this item so it shows how well prepared they were. Other hotels had much better accomodations, bigger rooms, more staff members to assist you and a lower price.

Now for wedding: The wedding planner was rude and uncaring. Destination weddings typically don't have a high attendance (12 in this case). The so called planner would address our concerns with a smirk and an uncompassionate reply. We intended to have the wedding on the beach/sand and unfortunately it rained 4 hours before the start time for like 30 mins(minor/minimal/sprinkled) and the wedding planner automatically moved the cermony into the cramped lobby. We surveyed the beach and it was fine to our standard. So, we wanted to conduct the ceremony on the beach and the planner just denied us and would not have her workers move the decor to the beach. Also, stating that it was too late and we had to start soon. I stated, "Oh really...its too late...we have to start soon?" Reply, "Yes, the minister will be here soon and the beach is not good now." So, we were suppose to start in 15 mins. An hour later the minister shows up late as heck wearing a disheveled-black outfit with bright-white tennis shoes. Wow....im sure we could have moved 6 chairs and the podium with the few decors to the beach in under an hour. In addition, the minister spoke as if they were renewing their vows....sorry lady...but they were getting married for the 1st time!!! The whole time, the wedding planner had a snotty attitude and demeanor that would have made me sue if I could. And when addressed with all these incidents...she shrugged and had that sny look of...I got paid, you got duped. Go elsewhere....trust me....i've been to 6 carribean islands that this hotel was the worse i've ever experienced.

Room Tip: Majority of the rooms dont have a view. Only the really really expensive ones.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dlunderwood, General Manager at West Bay Club, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Firstly allow me to once again extend my many thanks to the bride and groom for staying at The West Bay Club, for giving us the opportunity to plan and execute their wedding ceremony,cocktail hour and reception. We were charged with this function by the bride and the groom and not by this poster and we planned this event based on the couple’s vision, budget and preferences. Ultimately both bride and groom expressed their gratitude for an overall enjoyable experience and extended their stay at The West Bay Club.
I am also thankful to the parents of the couple that graciously expressed her appreciation for the way the event was conducted despite the weather related challenges and especially to the father of the bride that in more than one occasion had words of praise for our team.
Second, I want to thank our staff that worked very hard,kept the bride and maid of honor informed of the changes and make sure this event happens as smooth as possible considering the weather conditions. My thanks to our Food and Beverage team as well that set a beautiful reception site, served the guests excellent food per the writer’s own acceptance- including conch, made sure everyone was entertained and all the guests’ needs were tended to.
Third, sir as much as I appreciate you taking time to inform the readers about our resort, for you to pass judgment on your friend’s room selection and offer your opinion about our accommodations without actually staying here is without merit.
Lastly about the wedding: You sir are speaking in spite. I very much regret that the wedding ceremony couldn’t take place on the beach as planned, however the remnants of hurricane Sandy produced a week of intermittent rain, wind and high tides impossible to ignore. No matter how much we all liked the beach setting, a decision had to be made in a timely manner; and with the bride’s approval we relocated in a protected area. Running about with chairs, décor and an elaborate chuppah trying to find a dry spot on the beach was not sensible. Beside that sir, even if your assessment of the weather condition was within your personal standard maybe it was not in the best interest of the bride. To have her drag the wedding gown in wet sand, risk ruin her professionally done hair and makeup was not what she ultimately wanted; about the vows, well that is the couple’s private matter that obvious you were not privy to. Nevertheless please be assured that the ceremony script was preapproved by the two of them well in advance and in its entirety…
I understand you are upset that the weather didn’t cooperate and hindered your vacation. I very much regret that the ceremony itself didn’t happen on the beach as planned for the same reasons, so I will ignore the unkind words about me personally and my team services as well as your unjust and slanderous attacks.
Dear readers, our commitment is to provide the best possible service to all our guests and clients and to offer an overall positive experience. We go above and beyond to ensure that everyone that stays at The West Bay Club is left with great memories and the desire to return. I am grateful to this bride and the groom that prior to checking out reassured us they will be back for the first anniversary and as the groom himself said- while shaking my hand…and every year to follow… after all we must’ve done something right!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We are here currently celebrating our 12th anniversary, and all I can say is WOW!!! We were a bit hesitant to even come on our trip, as a few emergency surgeries for myself, made it seem like that this trip would not be even possible. Our welcome was excellent, as Kathy led us from the front desk to be greeted with a complimentary rum punch. It was not for the feeble! She showed us around our beautiful room and our amazing view! We are frequent visitors to Maui and Kauai, but the views here are more spectacular. I know that we are experiencing strange weather patterns in the ocean right now, but still having a great time walking the beach, relaxing, and body surfing. I am not quite sure if body surfing is considered to be safe here, as an attendant from the resort next door asked me to please remove myself from the ocean. I know that folks here are accustomed to no waves, but I am used to 6-8 foot waves. I obliged and thanked him, as go with the flow. I would be on a surfboard, but no need to press customary practices. I appreciated his help and simply went back to our beach.

The beach staff, the bar staff, and the staff overall have been awesome! The beach in front of the resort is the best IMO, as we have walked the entire beach in both directions of the resort, for miles. While many areas right now are washed out, the area in front of WBC is still intact. I have found that the grounds, rooms, and staff have made this a great anniversary trip for us both and look forward to the second half of our trip! Thanks to all at the West Bay Club! We truly appreciate it and your efforts! BTW-My wife loved her pedicure from Olive at Spa Tropique! She was kind, warm, and beautiful. The beach attendants at WBC are a blast and super friendly, even though a lot of the toys couldn't be used due to the waves, the bean bag toss was a blast!

Room Tip: Ocean views are great from the front of the resort!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to West Bay Club? Share your experiences!