Let me begin by saying this resort was outstanding. We stayed the week before high season began. Everything about this resort, the staff, the beach, the rooms, the pool, the location, were all wonderful.
First the rooms, they were very quiet. The only reason I knew there were people staying next to us was because housekeeping cleaned their rooms daily. Otherwise, it seemed like no one was around but us. When we travel, we only have our rooms cleaned once or twice. Even though we had the do not disturb sign up, we placed our trashcans out to be emptied. Upon returning to our room, the trash cans were always neatly placed outside our door and there were usually toiletries and towels waiting for us in the entry way of the shared entrance.
The bathroom was very spacious and the shower always had good pressure. The bed was extremely comfortable and had a variety of pillow types. There were two built in closets for clothing and a chest of drawers. We had plenty of room to store all of our items for a week's stay, and we overpacked.
The Internet. My husband did a speed test and returned 4mbs download speed minimum with a constant connection. We never lost signal. It worked throughout the resort, just not on the beach, which in not a complaint by any means.
The beach was the best we saw on the island. It was the widest beach we saw on all of our daily walks. Some of the other resort beaches were very narrow and packed with people. At the most, there were 6 people on the beach during our stay. Most days there were only one or two other couples on the beach.
The staff working on the beach was wonderful. They always said hello and smiled, even the maintenance workers. Most of them knew our names, as well. Each day they would play cornhole or football with the guests on the beach or teach them how to use the water equipment. They were always nice and smiling and always willing to help out in any way. You could order drinks and food from the restaurant on the beach. It was really nice.
The restaurant and bar staff were all really nice. Josue and Alvaro were awesome. Not only did they give great service, but they were also polite and talkative, as there weren't many people in the bar. They gave good recommendations on dining and drinks and they were always interested in what we had to say.
There were a few complaints about the restaurants when I first read reviews, but I never had a bad experience. We sat down to eat an hour before we had to leave to catch our flight and had plenty of time to eat before it was time to leave.
The pool was really nice. Although the water was cold, it was still really nice and felt good when you got a good sweat going. The lounge chairs were also very comfy and there were umbrellas near every chair in case you wanted the shield your face from the sun, the same for the beach.
The grounds were so well kept, there were landscapers there every day working meticulously to keep up the property.
The resort is located between the Gansevoort and the Beach House. Both have exceptional dining. You also can't miss out on the Gansevoort on Friday night! You can walk to both places. There are sidewalks on the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recapture your sense of luxury at the latest elegant resort addition to the tranquil shores of Grace Bay, Turks & Caicos; creating new standards with its extraordinary location, chic architecture, superior finishes and luxuriously appointed suites. This graceful Turks & Caicos resort is private and intimate as it comprises only forty-six suites. Accommodations are sophisticated, yet relaxed. With large ocean front terraces, expansive glassed walls and dramatic living areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, T4B, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your West Bay Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Bay Club Hotel Providenciales
- West Bay Hotel
- West Bay Resort
- West Bay Club Turks And Caicos/Providenciales