We just got home from a fantastic vacation at the Turks & Caicos West Bay Club resort from May 5 to 15. This was our first trip to this island. We were looking for a tropical location to visit for a break from our long cold Alaskan winter. We chose the Providenciales based on Internet research and trip advisor reviews.
This island is an absolute paradise. It has the most beautiful white sand beaches and calm turquoise water I have ever seen. We've vacationed in Aruba, Riviera Maya, Costa Rica, Croatia, and this island is the most quiet and beautiful of them all.
The West Bay Club resort is perfect for a quiet, relaxing, sun and fun vacation! It is located on a wide and quiet section of Grace Bay. Take a walk down the beach and you will see the Beaches all inclusive resort. If you have noisy, undisciplined, screaming kids; please go here. lol The WBC is modern, picturesque, and very comfortable with helpful, friendly staff.
My girlfriend and I arrived at the resort late in the evening. We were tired and hungry from a long flight. No problem. We were greeted with a rum punch and a polite and easy check-in. The Atlantic club was open late so we were able to have dinner and unwind. The cook made us a delicious dinner of sauteed grouper and Alvaro the bartender served up more rum drinks. Alvaro filled us in about the resort ammenities and things to do on the island. He's a great guy and became our friend by the end of our stay. What a start to a great vacation!
We spent most of our time lounging on the beach and soaking up the warm sun, swimming, dining at the many local restaurants, and shopping. We made good use of the nice fitness center and borrowed the resort bikes for a ride to the Saltmills shopping center, and to the Turtle Cove boat harbor. It always felt like the resort was nearly empty because we only saw a few couples every day. One night we asked Alvaro if the place was empty? He told us to our surprise that there were 28 people checked in.
I can't say enough about the friendly and helpful staff at this resort. For example: when you went to the beach; one of the beach staff would greet you at the end of the boardwalk, then walk you to a beach chair and put towels on the chair for you and raise the umbrella for you. They'd serve watermellon and teach you how to sail or paddleboard if you wanted. Now that's service.
My only criticisms would be that the resort shouldn't ration the bathroom ammenities. When you're on the toilet and run out of TP, it's too late to call room service. The faucet water tastes awful and I think the resort should provide free bottled water to the guests. The $6.00 a bottle is a little steep.
The complimentary breakfast was appreciated and the meals we ate at the Atlantic bar and grill were great. I just want to thank the staff for making us feel at home and comfortable. I don't remember all their names but a few that I want to mention because they really made us feel welcome are Alvaro, Stormin Norman, and Josue at the bar/grill and William and Eduardo on the beach crew. We absolutely loved our stay at WBC and can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recapture your sense of luxury at the latest elegant resort addition to the tranquil shores of Grace Bay, Turks & Caicos; creating new standards with its extraordinary location, chic architecture, superior finishes and luxuriously appointed suites. This graceful Turks & Caicos resort is private and intimate as it comprises only forty-six suites. Accommodations are sophisticated, yet relaxed. With large ocean front terraces, expansive glassed walls and dramatic living areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your West Bay Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Bay Club Hotel Providenciales
- West Bay Hotel
- West Bay Resort
- West Bay Club Turks And Caicos/Providenciales