This hotel is very inexpensive, yet shares beach with the 5 star resorts. Yes, you do ahve to walk for about 3 minutes to get to the beach. It is a lovely walk. We were nearly the only guests during our 5 night stay in June.
Kevin, the hotel owner, was quite nice. He made some very helpful suggestions to regarding island transportation and restaraunts. His housekeeping staff, Yaunique in particular, was very good. The bed and pillows were comfortable enough. We had NO problems sleeping. Nice kitchenette for saving costs on meals.
The hotel offered 2 bikes for guest useage-however, they were rickety and almost un-usable. Kevin, PLEASE INVEST IN NEW BIKES! The walk to the grocery store (about 15 minutes from hotel) is short but HOT. Bikes with a working basket would be VERY helpful for the grocery shopping and souvenier gathering trips.
Wost part of our stay was the hotel water. Hotel pool was very pretty and inviting-as was the courtyard and outdoor furniture surrounding it. Unfortunatly, the stench of sulfur emitting from the pool water was offensive every time we had to walk thru the courtyard to our room. We, therefore, we unable to use the pool-nor sit in the hammock in the courtyard. What a waste!!! The water in the hotel room (specifically the shower water) smelled of sulfur as well-making our necessary showers a very unpleasent twice daily experience. Kevin said the smell was from it being Hurricane season-however, we check with other hotels, guests and locals, to be met with puzzled faces and affirmations that this is not happening at other places on the island. We would be more likely to stay at GBS on our next visit if the water did not STINK.
The Grace Bay Suites DOES NOT offer a timely mail out service. Kevin agreed to take our post cards to the post office for us-but the recipients did not recieve them until 1 month after we had arrived back home. So be aware that mailing out is untimely and difficult.
Overall, we had a very nice expereince with GBS and staff Oren and Yaunique. Thank you to GBS for contributing to our PARADISE vacation!
- Also Known As:
- Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Grace Bay Hotel
- Grace Bay Suites Turks And Caicos/Providenciales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grace Bay Suites is Provo's newest affordable hotel located in the heart of Provo's Golden Mile, less than a 5 minute stroll from world renowned Grace Bay Beach. The hotel features 18 Studios and 6 one bedroom suites. All with private patio or balcony facing the swimming pool. All rooms are spacious and comfortable with modern facilities including a small kitchenette, wall-mounted flat screen TV in each room and large walk-in shower. Room Service is available from Danny Buoy's Irish Restaurant and Pub located on the same property as Grace Bay Suites. You could not stay in a better location on Providenciales. There are plenty of restaurants, shops, dive and tour operators, spas and lots more within easy walking distance from the hotel, a fitness club next door, Provo's 18-hole championship golf course within a mile. We are all about comfort, convenience and affordability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Grace Bay Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.