Very much enjoyed our one week stay at this Hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful every time we had a concern. Kevin the manager was always there to help too!
Location just a short walk across the street to the stunning Grace Bay beach as previously mentioned. And, the pool at this Hotel is small, but we didn't care as we are 'beach bums'. A short 8-min. walk to Graceway Gourmet to stock up on food you may want prepare in your room. Room equipped with toaster (very useful for sandwiches), coffee maker, bar fridge and sink, micro-wave oven (don't forget to bring your popcorn from home), dishes, and utensils. Also, the cheapest sun tan lotion and after sun lotion can be purchased at the Graceway Gourment - buy the No Ad stuff for the best buys! Room was cleaned daily by maid service who did a great job.
You may want to try bringing some cereal from home too as a choice for your breakfast menu. We also brought a small jar of peanut butter and other treats like small chocolate bars as prices can be a little 'steep' on the Island. As a matter of fact, we made breakfast and dinner in our room every day. We chose a different restaurant every day for lunch which was our 'big' meal and opted to have a sandwich in our room for dinner. We saved a lot of $'s this way as dinner prices tend to be double the price for a lunch.
Also should mention that the bed was a king-size in the room we had. The one bedroom suites, on the other hand, have only the queen-size beds. All rooms have the same amenities though. Bed was very comfortable and we had great sleeps down there - might have been the clean air too!
There was shopping in the Salt Mills Mall next door as well as across the street. Be sure to visit "Fresh Catch" Local Bites Restaurant when you go. The food was pretty good and reasonably priced(we had the Eggs Benedict) which we enjoyed more than the Eggs Benedict from "The Vix" across the street. In fact, we would recommend that you stay away from The Vix's Eggs Benedict which was the weirdest we've ever tasted - two eggs on thinly sliced Italian ham on English muffins on a bed of vinegarette greens with a tasteless sauce on top! Also, NO side served with the Eggs Benedict (NEVER had it served without home fries or hash browns). Coffee was $4 US and not bottomless! Cost almost $40 US for two of us - including a 21 per cent tax which is outrageous for a country that states it does not have taxes! Needless to say, we didn't leave a tip for the waitress at The Vix, but did leave a huge tip for the friendly waitress at the Fresh Catch Restaurant. Better service and food for a better price at the Fresh Catch got them the better tip!
To sum up, GBS is a good Hotel for a great price! We loved it here and hope to return asap!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grace Bay Suites is Provo's newest affordable hotel located in the heart of Provo's Golden Mile, less than a 5 minute stroll from world renowned Grace Bay Beach. The hotel features 18 Studios and 6 one bedroom suites. All with private patio or balcony facing the swimming pool. All rooms are spacious and comfortable with modern facilities including a small kitchenette, wall-mounted flat screen TV in each room and large walk-in shower. Room Service is available from Danny Buoy's Irish Restaurant and Pub located on the same property as Grace Bay Suites. You could not stay in a better location on Providenciales. There are plenty of restaurants, shops, dive and tour operators, spas and lots more within easy walking distance from the hotel, a fitness club next door, Provo's 18-hole championship golf course within a mile. We are all about comfort, convenience and affordability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Grace Bay Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Grace Bay Suites Turks And Caicos/Providenciales