We stayed at Grace Bay Suites for 6 days and it was an altogether pleasant stay. If you're looking for 5 stars you'll have to stay on the ocean side of the street and pay three times more per night. What you get here is a nice porch or patio overlooking the small but very nice pool, a great mattress, clean crisp cotton sheets, courteous service, a great shower, in-room microwave, fridge, sink and toaster. You won't find pans or a range. Cribs are available for no charge. Wifi is free but only works reliably from your porch or the pool deck. Employees were courteous as worst and usually better than that. Mandy was so helpful and warm.
Beach access is through one of many National Park access points just across the street (a 3 minute walk). Unlike some Caribbean areas (eg: Dominican Republic), beach access is free by law. You can walk as far in either direction as you want without dealing with resort security guards, etc.
A great grocery store, Graceway Gourmet, is a 5 minute walk away. They have most everything you'll need; their ready to eat food and salads are quite good. The prices are definitely island prices: 50 to 100% higher for everything but still less expensive than going out to nearby restaurants that average $20 for entrees (but do check out the local fish restaurant at Salt Mill Mall next door).
You can rent a car from Paul at Grace Bay Rentals a few doors down for $56/day. Do it for one day and be hit the beaches near Chalk Sound as well as getting some awesome ceviche and rum punch at Da Conch Shack near the Bight. If you rent your car from Grace Bay Rentals on your first or last day it's free to pick up or drop off the car at the airport, saving you the $30 cab fare for two people. Paul can tell you more great places to hit.
All in all, a wonderful way to visit a true paradise on a reasonable budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grace Bay Suites is Provo's newest affordable hotel located in the heart of Provo's Golden Mile, less than a 5 minute stroll from world renowned Grace Bay Beach. The hotel features 18 Studios and 6 one bedroom suites. All with private patio or balcony facing the swimming pool. All rooms are spacious and comfortable with modern facilities including a small kitchenette, wall-mounted flat screen TV in each room and large walk-in shower. Room Service is available from Danny Buoy's Irish Restaurant and Pub located on the same property as Grace Bay Suites. You could not stay in a better location on Providenciales. There are plenty of restaurants, shops, dive and tour operators, spas and lots more within easy walking distance from the hotel, a fitness club next door, Provo's 18-hole championship golf course within a mile. We are all about comfort, convenience and affordability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Grace Bay Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Grace Bay Suites Turks And Caicos/Providenciales