Our trip started out with Indira Hall helping us with our reservations. She was so helpful and kind. At the airport we took a car service/van with a few other passengers going to the Gansevoort Hotel and Seven Stars Resort. When we dropped them off at their respective hotels, they were greeted with cold towels and refreshing drinks. I was a little disappointed when we were not greeted this way at our hotel.
Arriving at our suite, we noticed we got upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite instead of a 1 bedroom suite. We were delighted because we were able to put the baby to sleep in the other bedroom. The suite was clean and comfortable with a beautifully large kitchen and comfortable outside sitting area. The pool was clean and being that there were so few people, we never had an issue with finding a chair. The beach was stunning with beautiful shades of blue and green. The white sand was spotless with no seaweed or garbage. The water/drink service could have been a little better. After sitting over 2 hours at the pool, I had to go up to the bar for a drink because nobody came to ask me if I need anything. The pool nor the beach was ever crowded. I think being that it was pretty quiet, it seemed like they cut the staff.
The hotel is centrally located with restaurants, shops and a large supermarket conveniently close by.
The downside of this hotel: when traveling with a non-walking baby, that is in a stroller most of the time, can be a big challenge. The hotel has no ramps. Everywhere you go there are steps. There are a few steps to your room, to the pool, to the lobby, leaving the hotel...also bear in mind that only the 3 bedroom suites have bathtubs.
The spa is about a 15 minute walk and is a tiny 2 room house with no sauna, steam room or reception area. No cold drinks or fruit. No male masseuse either. Just one working girl. Though the girl did give me a great massage. These are the reasons i didnt rate this hotel 5 star.
After 2 days of shlepping the stroller up and down all these steps, Indira helped us with reservations at another hotel which we thought was extremely pleasant of her. We greatly appreciated her effort in making the rest of our vacation more comfortable. She definitely exceeded our expectations!
Turks and Caicos is a beautiful and quiet island made for people seeking just to relax. You feel like the entire pool and beach area is yours. Its quite boring.
Theres no need to rent a car. There are no major trips or excursions. Theres no swimming with the dolphins as in Bahamas. There are no major casinos like in Aruba. Theres no major shopping as in Saint Maarten. Other than the regular horeseback riding, snorkeling and scuba diving, there isnt much to do on this island.
The airport is tiny with not enough chairs for all the people flying out of Turks and Caicos. Come prepared with food and reading material because this airport has nothing to offer. They dont even have a magazine stand. Also pray that it isnt raining because the plane doesnt pull up to the terminal as in most airports. You have to walk out of the airport towards your plane.
In general, hotel is beautiful and the the island is very relaxing. Enjoy your vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful, boutique and beachfront property, is voted Top Luxury Hotel Mexico & Caribbean, Traveler's Choice Award. Stretching across 300 feet of award winning Grace Bay Beach, it is where memories are made and traditions created! The Regent Grand is ideally situated in the heart of Grace Bay, adjacent to The Regent Village and seconds from shops, restaurants, bistro bars and duty free. All of the one, two and three large Ocean-front Suites boast private terraces and the luxury of unobstructed views while our more intimate Pool and Garden Suites overlook lush Caribbean gardens. Full rates include daily housekeeping, breakfast, welcome cocktail and WiFi. Amenities include heated mosaic pool, Nautilus gym, pool & beach service, pool bar, Teona Spa, free Golf at Provo Golf and Country Club (when staying in an ocean front suite), and fabulous Concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, Priceline, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Regent Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Regent Grand Hotel Providenciales
- Regent Hotel Grand
- Regent Hotel Providenciales
- Providenciales Regent
- The Regent Grand Turks And Caicos/Providenciales