“Beautiful Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 44 hotels in Providenciales
New Tecumseth, Canada
“Beautiful Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We've just returned from a 5 day stay at The Regent Grand. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, always smiling and eager to please.

This is a very quiet venue and may not be suited for people looking for a constant party but it served our needs for a quiet romantic getaway very well. The other hotels nearby were much larger in comparison and after walking a couple of the grounds we decided that we were quite happy with our choice.

Our suite was fantastic, more than I had expected.

The local restaurants are expensive but for the most part the food was very good so no complaints there other than The Seven. I wouldn't recommend that restaurant to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
HABGroup, Manager at The Regent Grand, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Hi Mary; thanks very much for taking the time to post the review. I do agree that our hotel is quiet, especially in the low season, but most of our guests prefer it that way. Like you say, we are very centrally located, and within walking distance to all the most popular bars and restaurants on Providencials; so we have the best of both worlds. We hope that you will visit us again soon.

297 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We spent a week at the Regent Grand and had a wonderful time. The staff is amazing. We relied heavily on the help of the concierge before and during our stay and they were fabulous. (pre-arrival groceries, diving arrangements, snorkeling, etc...) The beach staff was great - a special thanks to Randall who had our umbrellas set up and ready for our large group every morning. Housekeeping did a perfect job and the grounds are beautiful. We look forward to our next stay at the resort.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HABGroup, General Manager at The Regent Grand, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thanks FW for your comments; Randall is a fantastic member of staff and The Regent Grand would not be the place it is without him! I am also pleased to read that you took advantage of our Concierge Services - I am glad they did a good job too. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Westborough, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Where do I start? First of all, we stayed for 8 nights in August of 2013. To start, we walked in to a beautiful area to check in, open air with views of the beautiful pool and straight through to the ocean. It was breathtaking. We were walked to our room and bags were dropped off by a very friendly staff. Our room was a little smaller than I expected and, at first, I was a little disappointed but as the week went on, I realized we were rarely in the room other than to shower, get dressed for dinner, and sleep. The plus side to the room was the kitchenette. It had a fridge, microwave, sink, etc. It was just enough.

The beach was the BEST! The water was a sparkling green/blue and the sand was like powder. No seaweed, nothing hindering the beautiful waters of Grace Bay. There were starfish as you walked into the water, no engine noise, and the waters lulled you with a small wave. (Also, walking down to the beach was amazing everyday, with the palm trees covering the boardwalk.)
We never had to deal with not having seats and an umbrella, they were plentiful. Granted, it was the "off" season, but come to find out, it was actually considered 'busy' for this time of the year. Randall and John would visit a couple times and drop off water and/or take a drink/lunch order. Great service! The only "complaint" in this department, would be the frequency of the visits. I just wish they had come by a little more often as the day went on, like after 1pm. Not that I am complaining AT ALL! Randall and John were so incredibly helpful, nice, and respectful. Randall greeted us each day saying 'Good Morning Miss Cara.' A wonderful guy!

The pool was also awesome. There was never an issue getting a lounge chair and umbrella, again, they were plentiful. The pool, even when there were a bunch of people in it, never seemed crowded. Bentley and Gerard came around the pool and took drink and food orders. They were very helpful and nice as well. Again, my only "complaint" (and again, I wouldn't even call it a complaint, maybe a suggestion) is that they come around more often taking drink orders.

The food at The Vix was actually a pleasant surprise. Reviews I read said it was basically, ok. I thought it was better than ok. First to start with the free breakfast, yes it was the same everyday, but it was yummy. The sausage was great! Ha! They always had sausage, eggs, bacon, homefries, mushrooms, tomatoes, yogurt, fruit, and breads for a selection.
The Vix for dinner was very good as well. I had the grouper and it was excellent. Husband had the hamburger, as he's always trying to find a great one, and said it was very good. We were pleasantly surprised, the dinner was great!

Housekeeping was great as well, they came everyday and were pretty thorough. Great job ladies!

Overall, the Regent Grand was absolutely amazing! I highly recommend it but I almost don't want to because I don't ever want it to get too busy! Good for them, not so good for us if we are trying to get a room! Thank you to everyone!

Room Tip: Depending on your situation, any room is great at the Regent Grand. For a couple, pool view studio...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Cara, Thank you so much for these glowing statements ... there is not much else that we can say, except thank you, thank you, thank you.
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Regent Grand for 7 nights and had a wonderful babymoon before our little one arrives in a couple of months.

This hotel is extremely well-kept, clean, luxurious and the staff are wonderful. Randall, John and Bentley attended to our every need both on the beach and at the pool. Randall especially was always so warm and friendly, ensuring we had cold water, towels and a place to relax at the beach. The concierge, Jona, was lovely and helped book a couple of excursions for us.

Our room, a one bedroom suite, was perfectly clean and very nicely furnished.

The breakfast each day was the same, but it was very fresh and we had no complaints. The Regent Grand is very centrally located amongst lots of restaurant options, all of which we enjoyed. Additionally, as I am gluten intolerant, each restaurant we visited was able to accommodate us (Thai, Indian, Italian).

The beach is perfect and The Regent Grand sits on a much quieter stretch than other resorts in the vicinity. It was a perfect place to relax, as we are very much boutique resort-type people. It was not crowded at any point during our visit.

We have stayed at numerous resorts around the Caribbean and this was the best so far. If there was one thing the resort could add, it would be to offer a small number of kayaks, paddle boards and hobie cats onsite. The concierge however was of course very helpful and we were able to enjoy all of these activities at other resorts nearby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Rock Hill, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were at the Regent Grand from July 5-10th with our two children (18 & 20) for our last family trip before the baby goes off to college. I researched our hotel stay extensively before we booked the Regent Grand. The reviews were what guided me to the Regent Grand since the location was so well appointed.

We checked in and all got a complimentary drink from the hotel. Which was great because we were all tired and thirsty. We had a long day since our flight was delayed, missed a connection and waited at the airport for 4 hours. Unfortunately, our luggage didn't make it. So off to the shops to get bathing suits. Lesson learned: Always pack a bathing suit in your carry on!

We were escorted to our beautiful 2 bedroom garden/pool view. It was a lovely room, clean and comfortable. Perfect for our family! I was worried about only having 1 bathroom, but it was all fine. We were able to shower in shifts and it was never an issue.

The grounds, the Pool (breathtaking beautiful) and the beach were outstanding!

The concierge was always attentive and made our dinner reservations every evening but one.

The Vix breakfast was very good! The same foods everyday, but it was well appointed. Eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, tomatoes, yogurt, fruit, pastries and fabulous jelly from France!
We enjoyed breakfast every morning.

We went scuba diving and used Caicos Adventures. We have used them in the past and we were very pleased with the service previously, but this time the guides were not very attentive and just kind of blah. They didn't point out anything for us so we probably didn't get to see animals in the coral that they easily see. We are relatively new divers, so the extra point outs are a plus for us. We had fun regardless and we are now all certified open water divers!

I was super disappointed in the Spa. We made reservations the day before and went on time. The girl showed my daughter to her room and me to mine. I undressed and waited. and waited. and waited. I was told only 5 more minutes 3 times.....45 minutes later, I got dressed and advised that I would be leaving. I guess they were accommodating another guest that was late, so my appointment was late. Not acceptable and I ended up without a relaxing massage that day. They were very nice and super apologetic, but at that point, I was really frustrated and was not interested in waiting 5 more minutes. My daughter did enjoy her service and they did not charge me for it. So that was nice considering my naked on the table 45 minutes spa experience. LOL!

If you are looking to book this hotel, I would say absolutely stay here! It is a beautiful resort, VERY attentive employee's and a beautiful property. We would definitely rebook the Regent Grand if we go back to the Turks & Caicos.

The island is very expensive, but the beach is the best in the world! So splurge and go.....It's beautiful!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed at this resort in March 2012 and again in March of this year. We had a phenomenal experience the first time, sadly, this year wasn't the case. The overall experience just wasn't as top notch as the first time. Housekeeping and customer service were the main issues for us. When we arrived, we even inquired about purchasing a unit from a front desk clerk...never heard a word back the entire length of our six day stay. On our last day, I took the time to schedule an appointment with the acting GM to discuss my concerns and disappointment in our stay. He was very open to my feedback and we had a good discussion. Sadly, he offered a return visit (which I wasn't intending on taking) and told me that he would have someone (his wife) contact me to arrange a reduced rate for us. I never heard a word back from them. I suppose that from a customer service perspective, this is a case of poor follow thru coming from the top level of management. There are many beautiful properties on T and C, maybe one of the reasons I see this resort dropping from the 1 and 2 best places to stay is because others have had the same experience as my family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HABGroup, Manager at The Regent Grand, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Famfun. We try very hard to make sure that all of our guests are very well looked after and pride ourselves in our service. We were therefore very disappointed you felt our service was not up to scratch. While we seriously appreciated your comments and took them on board in March, without appearing to "whinge" in this case we feel we are justified in saying that our marketing department did follow-up and contact you after your departure from our resort. We do agree that there are many places to stay in the Turks and Caicos, and where we want to excel at is our “personalized and exceptional service”. We drive home to our staff that that they are to be friendly and accommodating and go beyond the call of duty to make all our guests’ vacations “an experience to remember”. We thank you once again for your feedback.
Tavernier, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family and I first stayed her 2 years ago. We visited in the beginning of December. The condos are great. They are large, immaculate, well furnished and quiet. The staff here is great. They are very friendly and helpful. You can walk to shopping and restaurants in 2 minutes. The time of year we go, right after Thanksgiving, is a very quiet time on the island and we feel like we have the entire resort to ourselves. They have a very large pool, a great gym and serve a continental breakfast. The beach is beautiful. I would recommend renting a car and exploring the island. There are beautiful beaches in some remote areas that are absolutely stunning and you will probably be the only person there. A 4 wheel drive vehicle is recommended. There is also a casino about a 5 minute drive down the main road at grace bay. There is a supermarket a 2 minute drive away. The Regent Grand has become new December tradition for the family. It is a great place to stay. Very relaxing and stress free.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HABGroup, Manager at The Regent Grand, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thanks Tom for the great review, and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future.

Been to The Regent Grand? Share your experiences!