Where do I start? First of all, we stayed for 8 nights in August of 2013. To start, we walked in to a beautiful area to check in, open air with views of the beautiful pool and straight through to the ocean. It was breathtaking. We were walked to our room and bags were dropped off by a very friendly staff. Our room was a little smaller than I expected and, at first, I was a little disappointed but as the week went on, I realized we were rarely in the room other than to shower, get dressed for dinner, and sleep. The plus side to the room was the kitchenette. It had a fridge, microwave, sink, etc. It was just enough.
The beach was the BEST! The water was a sparkling green/blue and the sand was like powder. No seaweed, nothing hindering the beautiful waters of Grace Bay. There were starfish as you walked into the water, no engine noise, and the waters lulled you with a small wave. (Also, walking down to the beach was amazing everyday, with the palm trees covering the boardwalk.)
We never had to deal with not having seats and an umbrella, they were plentiful. Granted, it was the "off" season, but come to find out, it was actually considered 'busy' for this time of the year. Randall and John would visit a couple times and drop off water and/or take a drink/lunch order. Great service! The only "complaint" in this department, would be the frequency of the visits. I just wish they had come by a little more often as the day went on, like after 1pm. Not that I am complaining AT ALL! Randall and John were so incredibly helpful, nice, and respectful. Randall greeted us each day saying 'Good Morning Miss Cara.' A wonderful guy!
The pool was also awesome. There was never an issue getting a lounge chair and umbrella, again, they were plentiful. The pool, even when there were a bunch of people in it, never seemed crowded. Bentley and Gerard came around the pool and took drink and food orders. They were very helpful and nice as well. Again, my only "complaint" (and again, I wouldn't even call it a complaint, maybe a suggestion) is that they come around more often taking drink orders.
The food at The Vix was actually a pleasant surprise. Reviews I read said it was basically, ok. I thought it was better than ok. First to start with the free breakfast, yes it was the same everyday, but it was yummy. The sausage was great! Ha! They always had sausage, eggs, bacon, homefries, mushrooms, tomatoes, yogurt, fruit, and breads for a selection.
The Vix for dinner was very good as well. I had the grouper and it was excellent. Husband had the hamburger, as he's always trying to find a great one, and said it was very good. We were pleasantly surprised, the dinner was great!
Housekeeping was great as well, they came everyday and were pretty thorough. Great job ladies!
Overall, the Regent Grand was absolutely amazing! I highly recommend it but I almost don't want to because I don't ever want it to get too busy! Good for them, not so good for us if we are trying to get a room! Thank you to everyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful, boutique and beachfront property, is voted Top Luxury Hotel Mexico & Caribbean, Traveler's Choice Award. Stretching across 300 feet of award winning Grace Bay Beach, it is where memories are made and traditions created! The Regent Grand is ideally situated in the heart of Grace Bay, adjacent to The Regent Village and seconds from shops, restaurants, bistro bars and duty free. All of the one, two and three large Ocean-front Suites boast private terraces and the luxury of unobstructed views while our more intimate Pool and Garden Suites overlook lush Caribbean gardens. Full rates include daily housekeeping, breakfast, welcome cocktail and WiFi. Amenities include heated mosaic pool, Nautilus gym, pool & beach service, pool bar, Teona Spa, free Golf at Provo Golf and Country Club (when staying in an ocean front suite), and fabulous Concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your The Regent Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Regent Grand Hotel Providenciales
- Regent Hotel Grand
- Regent Hotel Providenciales
- Providenciales Regent
- The Regent Grand Turks And Caicos/Providenciales