“I loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“I loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

We arrived at 9.30pm so a bit late for dinner but they asked the chef and let us in. I am so glad we had the opportunity to eat there. Everything was outstanding. No matter it was dark, the view from the terrace was gorgeous and so romantic. The waitros was perfect, no invasive but he magically appeared every time we needed him. It is very romantic but extremely classy as well. Ps You don't need to dress up to eat there
I would suggest it for a relaxing night out with friends, a romantic date or even with family if kids are not too laud: they would feel out of place.
However, I had an unforgettable experience there and the food was delicious. Honestly, it was perfect in any detail.
I don't know if the owners of the restaurant would read the review, just in case, I would like to thank you for such a gem.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
New Haven, Connecticut
“About those Fodor's and Times reviews...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

First; I do note that many other tripadvisor's like this restaurant. And, the view is fantastic for sunset which was our draw. We had a great table overlooking the marina and horizon. The sun sets over the hills (in case you go thinking it'll set on the ocean).

As for the food, I ordered the house specialty - the seared sesame crusted tuna with rice, snow peas, and soy-ginger sauce. Sounds great but this was the fattiest piece of tuna I have ever had. I literally could not cut through it with the knife. The soy-ginger sauce was cream based (why?) and tasted pasty (too much flour as a thickener?).

My wife ordered the local fresh Snapper which came on a "beet reduction" and creamed onions. The fish was overcooked and rubbery. We laughed when the server brought us the flyer boasting the reviews from Fodor's which claimed "well-prepared" (a.k.a., rubbery) and the Times review complimented the chef's ability to "marry flavors".

The best part of our meal was the bottle of water we ordered with a slice of lemon. We ran out of water early on but the server's were non-existent to order any more. The lemon came in handy to try to get the taste of the food out of our mouth.

Having eaten at Bay Bistro and other places before this, I can say that any "must" or "always plan" comments are erroneous. If you feel you need to see this place (you really don't), go for a drink (water with lemon!). It's safer. If you gamble on this place, I hope you're lucky enough to have a 5 bubble experience.

Visited August 2012
MagnoliaRestaurant, Owner at Magnolia Wine Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Thank you for your candid review of our restaurant. We are mystified as to why you did not bring your alledged horrific dining experience to the attention of either your waiter, the maitre d' or the restaurant manager. At this point there is nothing that we can do to rectify your alledgedly tough tuna or rubbery snapper. We track every plate that is returned to the kitchen with barely touched food on it. The maitre d' will then visit the table and discuss with the customer if there was an issue with the food. That is your opportunity to discuss with us any issues that you feel you are having. Leaving the restaurant without saying a word to one employee and posting a scathing review without giving us an opportunity to fix the alledged problem for you at the time of the event is both unfair and suspicious.
Mastic, New York
“A must on the island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We got to magnolia at 6 when they opened. We waited at the bar until about 6:20 as they were still getting ready. I have to say that the pleasant staff, marvelous view, and cold drinks made the wait a really nice warm up for the meal about to come. Whe you goto Magnolia, you are going for the sunset, so just prepare to wait a bit if you get there too early.

We were seated and promptly attended to. Menu was explained and orders were taken attentively. You can tell the staf pays attention to placement of flatware, drinks etc.

My wife had the seared tuna. It was awesome! I had a spicy pasta seafood special. It was one of the best things I had eaten. The bread was made in house. As well as the banofee dessert, which was really a treat!

Staff, view, food, wife, truly a night to remember!

Colleyville, Texas, USA
“You should always plan one meal here when in Provo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We travel as a family often and always make it to TCI once a year. In our many visits to this Restaurant two things are consistant. The food quallity is great and worth the money. The visit at sunset will never disappoint. I have always had the sesame seed and pepper crusted Ahi Tuna. I probably will always have this dish as it is the best I can find anywhere. Service is normally pretty good, but this past trip in August is a very slow time for the Island and I think they had part time help as the service was way off. Did not really bother us, but we had 3 or 4 different people waiting on us. One waiter came to the table and asked if we would like more wine. Not a problem except the wine glasses were full. Had to ask for bread. Bottom line is we go here for the food and sunset view. Both of those were excellent.

Visited August 2012
Rochester, New York
“Excellent food, service, and views!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

This is definitely a restaurant to fit into any trip to Provo. The wait staff is top-notch, and the food is excellent. Highly recommend!

Visited July 2012