“Incredible! My favorite!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Incredible! My favorite!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

My husband and I ate here last week. We ate at the pizzeria and had all intentions on eating at the restaurant the following evening, but our trip was prematurely cut short. The experience of walking up and deciding to go towards the pizzeria or restaurant was amazing. We turned to the left to go to the Pizzeria and discovered the most amazing pizza garden with lights and trees and it just left me speechless it was so beautiful. We sat at the pizzeria and ordered a pizza and bottle of wine. The service was wonderful. The young man cooking the pizza was from Italy and was just so very nice. As were all of the wait staff. We spoke to the owner also who should be proud to own this gem. He was so kind and gracious and said he wanted to bring Italy here and I told him he truly captured it. We enjoyed it here and I am still sad we did not get to experience the restaurant, but how incredible for this island to have this piece of Italy. It was my favorite! I know good Italian and this is it!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cleveland
“Quaint with Very Good Food…Kind but Spotty Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

The food was absolutely delicious and the ambiance was very nice. We were seated upstairs on a porch that was surrounded by a lush setting of tropical trees (which thankfully blocked the view of the parking lot). The service started off very well but as the restaurant got busy, the service became more broken and sporadic. I'm not one to complain much, but it was a bit annoying. However, I will still recommend you try this restaurant and hopefully you won't experience the delays in service we did. Trust me, the food is worth it.

Visited November 2013
Staten Island, New York
“Owner Needs Business 101”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We just had dinner here. First, the wait staff was fantastic. Very attentive, polite and knowledgeable. Bernard was especially charming and a pleasure to talk to. The food was average, had the gulf shrimp in garlic and white wine sauce (supposed to be scampi). Have had better scampi at home (NYC). My friend had lobster and spaghetti that she was told was on special for $32, which she had clarified twice with waiter. When the bill arrived she was charged $36.50. When we brought it to Bernard's attention he verified with the waiter, who admitted to giving the special price. As per Bernard, the adjustment had to be done through the owner. The owner felt the need to come to the table and go back and forth with us about why he shouldn't take the $4 off the bill. We explained to him that twice we clarified with the waiter but after approximately 10 minutes of back and forth with the owner he reluctantly took the $4 off the bill.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
bellalunatci, Owner at Bella Luna, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
CUSTOMERS NEED TO LEARN TO READ! First of all when you came in the restaurant and were seated you were given a menu. What does each dish have next to it, it is called a price. That price is what you will be charged for the dish you choose to order. The dish your friend ordered is called Lobster Piccatta, not lobster and spaghetti, and that dish cost $36.50. There are no special prices nor was it a special dish for the evening, it is a dish that is always on the menu at the price of $36.50. Bernard who you raved about was your waiter in the section you dined in. Your friend asked a junior waiter the price, he was not even the person who was waiting on your table and he told you a price that was $4.00 less. Now why if she was so concerned with the price would she not read the menu? But anyways the mistake was made, I apologized and deducted the large amount of $4.00 from the bill. And look what you do, write this seedy review in trip advisor. Also shrimp, garlic and white wine are a classic Italian dish called Scampi, if this is not you wanted why did you order it. It is a simple dish relying on the above ingredients, I don't know what else you expected in it. Oh one more thing if your friend was over charged the $4.00 why isn't she writing the review? Maybe because she has better things to do, like relax and have a good time!
Columbus, Ohio
“Gnocci”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Oh my God. I had Gnocci for the very first time here at Bella Luna on Saturday night. I cannot stop thinking about it. It was the most delicious thing I have ever put in my mouth. We came early, mostly because we had our one year old son with us. The waiters are very informative and the food is authentic and delicious. 5 star establishment, all the way. My only critique would be the tiramisu...we ordered it to go and for $13 it was literally a spoonful. A delicious, delectable spoonful but a spoonful nonetheless. Had I checked the container before leaving, I would have sent it back to receive a refund, or requested more.

Visited November 2013
Carmel, Indiana
“Feels like home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

After many trips to Provo, we finally made it to Bella Luna. You feel like you are at a neighborhood restaurant, because everyone is so friendly and relaxed. It's very Italian feeling inside, warm and homey. The service was great, very attentive and helpful. The food was delicious, and the desserts were amazing. Moderately priced for Provo, I'd take the whole family here on our next trip.

Visited October 2013