“Good, but not great” 3 of 5 stars

946-5396
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 118 Restaurants in Providenciales
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Good, but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Our group of 8 had a nice meal at Bay Bistro. The setting is a little odd: the Sibonne Hotel is an aging "Holiday Inn"-type hotel in poor repair, with people sitting around on the sidewalk smoking cigarettes and drinking beer. The restaurant is outside overlooking the ocean. The lighting is poor. The service was adequate, but the servers were somewhat standoffish and not very friendly. The food was very good and well-prepared. The fresh fish was excellent. Overall: good but not great.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Rushed and ok food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Heard all the great things about this place and made reservations for Monday night dinner. It's tucked inside Sibonne and there are not great directions or signs for this place off the main road. We were seated in what felt to be a table placed directly in the main walking lane for the restaurant, with servers and guests walking by us all the time. This may have contributed to the rushed feeling we got from our experience. Otherwise, the service was good. And our food came out in a hurry, but oddly the plate was hotter than either of our meals. My girlfriend had the boneless prime rib steak, which was the toughest cut of prime rib we've ever had. My red snapper also had bones. The meal ended with the homemade ice cream which was fabulous. Even with 3 courses, we were in and out in... 1 hour. Yes we were hungry and ate fast, but this is island life and things were supposed to be slow? This pace was not the norm set by other places on the island. Will not go back.

“Left disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Decided to try for dessert since we were staying at a resort next door and already had dinner. Checked with host/manager who reported no problem in having dessert only. My wife and I ordered ice cream and key lime pie and an after dinner drink. Waitress brought ice cream which we began eating and have to admit it was good. I assumed the waitress would bring the key lime pie. We finished the ice cream and about 15 minutes had passed and someone else brought the check. I asked about the key lime pie and they did not appear apologetic or concerned. The restaurant was not busy at that time we went. We actually planned on trying this place for dinner the next night but decided not to based on the service. Service was better at mango reef and hemimgways next door and all the other restaurants we tried while in vacation.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
“Disappointing!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

After reading all the TA reviews I was very excited to eat at what was deemed, one of the best restaurants on the island. We went to try their award winning conch dishes. We had the conch wontons which were very tasty but the conch is fresh and the wontons are fried - all a recipe for something delicious. The ambiance, again, like all restaurants in Grace Bay area, fantastic. Right on the beach, tiki torches blazing - lovely. I had the blackened snapper but I'm pretty sure what I got was not snapper. It did not look or taste like any snapper I had ever had before and I am a snapper fanatic. It had no taste and had a strange texture in the center - almost mealy like. Upon discovering that the island does not catch fresh snapper I'm left wondering what fish I was actually served. Veggies were okay but dish was really disappointing. My mom had the grilled lobster which we soon renamed the dehydrated lobster - it was so dry she could barely chew it. The restaurant was packed when we went and I really can't understand why. Overpriced and not good food - sounds like another Grace Bay establishment. Considering that the chefs of these restaurants have worked in NYC, Europe and other places known for their food culture, I'm shocked by what's been served. The chefs at these restaurants should be ashamed. Pass on this one.

Visited February 2013
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Good food, value for money and romantic atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We visited this restaurant on a number of occasions for lunch and dinner, and were never disappointed. Good food and wine, and a lovely atmosphere.

Visited January 2013