“Highly recommended dive company” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Water sports, Adventure
Activities: Scuba diving
More attraction details
Owner description: This diving company offers scuba diving lessons and tours to some of the most beautiful sites in the Caribbean, along the unsurpassed beauty of the Grand Turk Wall. PADI courses, snorkeling, and Gibbs & Salt Cay trips are also available. Conveniently located in town, their specialty is safe, relaxed diving and snorkeling in small groups.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Duncan, Canada
“Highly recommended dive company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were treated as family at Blue water divers! They tolerated our personal preferences, took us to beautiful dive sites, provided us with solid information and great music in the evenings! (Thanks Mitch!). We were very impressed with the dive masters (Nat, Lamar, Chris and Pierre): they are a happy multinational group with a load of knowledge and made us feel very safe. The sturdy Carolina skiffs are excellent boats to dive from and the ride to the wall is almost too short.
The office was open early every morning and Audrey`s organization is excellent!
We will keep on returning for more fun!

Tamworth, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Very friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Dived for 4 days with Chris, Nat and Pierre. All were lovely and friendly and very helpful. Small groups for diving and very short boat rides to sites. Lovely diving with all help given on boat and guided well down below. They all seemed to enjoy the work and not just going through the motions. Would definately recommend them any time. Mithch and Audrey also always had time for a chat and advice.

Sandy, Utah
“Some great dive masters, but boat run down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had a chance to spend a week diving with Blue Water Divers in March.

First the good:
Nat and Chris were awesome! Nat was our dive master for 2 days and Chris taught a peak buoyancy class and was our dive master one day. They were both great! They knew the locations, pointed out interesting sea life, and were fun to be around.

Now the not so good:
- The boat itself was really run down. The ladder was broken (kept getting tucked back under the boat making it really hard to get into the boat, especially since there were no handles to grab on to.
- For 2 days we had a different dive master (I heard he is also their assistant manager). Day one he took us to a site he'd never dove before and had problems with his mask, so he basically rushed through the dive at the front without any attention. Then he had problems with his BCD so he "led the dive from the surface". He got us to and from the boat, but that's the best I can say. Second day he was supposed to lead us he still hadn't fixed his gear so Chris took the full group. When we got back this guy didn't even help get everything back in the boat, he sat back and let Chris do all the work.

Would dive with Nat or Chris again, but not BWD.

Mitch R, Owner at Blue Water Divers, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am very glad that you enjoyed the services provided by Nat and Chris.

Chris mentioned that a screw had come loose from the ladder on one of your dive days, but he told me he replaced it during the surface interval. I was notified after your fourth dive day that the ladder had received some damage. This did not give me sufficient time to obtain a replacement ladder and install before your last morning of dives.

On your first dive day, I understand that the site you were taken to was requested by other customers on the boat. We apologize if one of our staff members had issues with his personal gear and are sorry that you didn't enjoy your time with him. All of our staff typically receive very positive feedback from our customers, and we regret that your experience with one individual was not what you, or I, had come to expect from our team.

Our standard is to have one divemaster lead each dive group, unless there are students in the group. Given the composition of your group, most of your dive days had one instructor assigned to lead the dives and one instructor assigned to the students. On your last dive day all of the students had finished their courses, so one divemaster was scheduled to lead your dives and our second staff member stayed on the surface with a snorkeler who wanted to join her family on the boat.

I wish you had let me know of your concerns when you were here, so that I could have done something to address them during your stay. I am sorry you did not have a better overall experience, but am glad you enjoyed your time with Nat and Chris.
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
7 attraction reviews
“excellent time with Blue Water Divers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We were there in early February and had a wonderful time snorkeling. It was easy to get there and had plenty of time to snorkel and then eat at a local place on the beach. There were only 12 on our boat. After lunch, we took a cab back to Jack's place to walk the beach back to the ship. I would recommend them for your time on Grand Turk

Visited February 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 attraction reviews
“Best guide yet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Bohio Dive Resort on the Northerly end of Grand Turk. When they max out their dive boat, they contract with Blue Water.

A friend and I dove with Lamar of BWD two tanks times four days. Can't say enough about the experience. Lamar was the height of professionalism, personality and local knowledge. His style is totally laid back, both over and under the water. In almost current-free water, we drifted past coral heads teeming with aquarium fish, spiny lobsters, young nurse sharks, and took in the 7,000 ft wall to the west.

Bohio and BWD clearly have a cooperative arrangement, based on demand. So, taking absolutely nothing away from Andrew's operation at Bohio, I'll just say that I could not have been more pleased with our four days with Lamar.