“Stuffy and pretentious” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Stuffy and pretentious”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Over the years the Grace Bay Club has morphed from understated elegance (20 luxury cabanas hidden in a tropical forest right on the beach) to a global luxury 'brand' (240 wannabee deluxe condos with the charm of a parking garage). Anacaona restaurant fits the corporate mold of maximum cash extraction calibrated to focus group notions of what people who wish they were the Kardashians desire.
The menus light up when you open them.
The food, for the ridiculous price they charge, is unimaginative and unmemorable.
The servers have evidently been through a Disney Corporation style boot camp and have been trained to smile and move quickly.
If food quality, price and atmosphere matter less to you than having a place to show off your new Rolex, you'll like Anacaona. Otherwise, you'd do better at just about any of the other nice restaurants in the area.
The Infinity Bar is nothing. We went a few years ago when it first opened, intrigued by the clever publicity photo. It was overpriced. The service was lousy because the staff was obsessing over some drunk bimbo who'd been on TV a couple of times and was loudly ignoring her bratty kid.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Upper Black Eddy, Pennsylvania
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

This was the one place I couldn't wait to try. So excited about seeing the infinity bar-which of course is smaller in person. Beautiful location and atmosphere, very price, steak was cold. Food just so-so. Would not go back or recommend this place.

Visited May 2013
Austin, Texas
“GET THE LAVA CAKE!! trust me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

On our honeymoon this was our first night's dinner. We had the mixed greens, lobster pot pie, red snapper & the BEST lava cake ever I've ever had. I am very stingy with my desserts...unless it is the best dessert ever, I will skip it. This lava cake was by far THE BEST I have EVER had. When we return to Turks I will stop by just for the lava cake if nothing else. Very sweet local waitress and very romantic atmosphere. Highly recommend this spot for dinner. Get a reservation for all your dinners on the island.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Powell, Ohio
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We wanted to start our Valentines weekend right so chose this amazing eatery and were not disappointed! Wonderful wine & entrees followed by key lime pie that was to die for per my wife! Incredible surroundings & service to boot!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bradley Beach, New Jersey
“ Second time around was just as wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We had dined at this restaurant a year ago on our last trip to turks & Caicos and loved the place. The ambiance was amazing, food was excellent & service was great. When we came back this week we read the reviews and saw a lot of bad comments and were worried that this place has gone downhill . We almost changed our reservation to another restaurant but my wife really loved the atmosphere. We are glad we did not change as the ambiance & atmosphere was very romantic, we were seated promptly by Bianca the hostess. Our server was right there taking our drink order, which arrived promptly along with a nice bread basket and some spiced butters. We asked the server Florence for some recommendations which she glady helped and gave us some very good choices. For appetizers we had the mahi carpaccio, (fabulous) and the tasting of conch (excellent)
For dinner we both had the lobster which came out perfect! Moist , tender and flavorful! For desert my wife had the creme brûlée, which she loved and I had to have more of the mahi carpaccio, loved it!
I have to say I will now be very skeptical of reviewers who only have one to three reviews and they are always bad. I believe they give a nice place a bad name, the old saying goes "some people are never happy" we are glad we didn't listen and gave this place a second try, it was as excellent as the first time!