“Great falls” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Republic of Trinidad & Tobago
“Great falls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Nice short walk - about 10mins. Very beautiful waterfall with greenery all around. Great area to visit with family or for couples to bond.

St. Augustine, null, Trinidad and Tobago
4 attraction reviews
“An experience worth trying”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you interested in Nature then this is the perfect relaxing experience for you. The only thing you should be aware of are touts who tend to make a quick buck. Try and book with a reliable tour operator who knows the site an can explain and educate you for that wonderful experience.. Make sure an walk with food or snacks and plenty drinking water for this trip. A bathing trunk is also require if you going to bathe. Mosquito repellent if you are sensitive to mosquitoes.

Visited July 2013
Newark, Delaware
5 attraction reviews
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

The waterfall is beautiful and climbing around its various levels is exciting. Be prepared to have local currency for admission and take a 10-minute walk over a rough trail from the entrance to the waterfall. Having water shoes makes it easier to enjoy the upper falls as well.

Port of Spain, Trinidad
6 attraction reviews
“The falls!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

These falls are very accessible after a gentle 20 minute walk. The last part is the most 'challenging' part, which is not difficult at all. Just take your time and it'll be worth the extra 2 minutes. Lovely swimming and a large enough pool that if anyone else is also visiting the falls you won't feel crowded.
Going up to the second set of falls is lovely too. The swimming area is a bit smaller and the climb is (obviously) a bit steeper.

Bangor, United Kingdom
116 attraction reviews
“Slightly Disappointed at trip to falls”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

What did I like about my trip to the falls? ...... The main building and parking area were pretty ... ahh that's it :(

I was part of a group of four people so the tour should have been intimate and informative but instead our guide would stop and talk to whoever was walking beside her at the time and explain what this tree was or that bush was ... I was always lagging behind so by the time I had reached the guide she was three quarters way through her talk! Why could she not call us around her and wait until we were all together? It really got infuriating.

There had been alot of rainfall that morning and the path to the waterfall was sludgy. I highly recommend proper trainers for this journey (about 20 min walk - taking into consideration the time the guide takes to point out trees of interest). I was only wearing open-toed Karamor shoes and my feet were full of mud! You can hire wellington boots for TT$20 but you need to have brought clean socks with you.

The final few yards to the Waterfall was walking over rocks and at times was very slippy.This is were the guide stopped. We either swam in the bottom pool or nothing at all. I was willing to try a swim but my husband refused as he thought the water looked dirty and also pointed out that there were many fish swimming away (I get nervous swimming with fish!). There were people climbing down from the upper falls via a rope which I couldn't believe - I don't even know if there was an easier way .. I didn't hear anything the guide said. I had been told there was a changing area for after you have had a swim and I assumed it was at the falls - the changing area is actually back at the main building so if you go for a swim you would need to wait until you walk back to base before you get changed into you clean clothes.

Finally, I have never been bitten by any bug or insect before but I got bit alot at this rainforest so I strongly recommend insect repellant.

Visited July 2013