“The Sea View experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sea View Guest House

Sea View Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Scarborough
Sea View Guest House
You added Sea View Guest House to your Saves list
Bacolet Street, Scarborough, Tobago   |
Ranked #3 of 13 Scarborough B&B and Inns
St. Augustine, null, Trinidad and Tobago
“The Sea View experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This was my second time here. Never had any regrets. The customer service was excellent, warm and welcoming. I didn't even have to book a week in advance, it was a spontaneous trip and I was able to get the accommodation last minute for my family and I. Thank you so much and keep up the good work. I can't wait to come again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have stayed at sea view at least ten times over the past eight years. During which there has been steady improvement and an increase in popularity. The first time we came the guest house had fans and was under construction. Despite that the host was extremely friendly and would frive us around the island. You should call at least a week in advance to make sure that the rooms are available because it has become much more popular. The rooms now have airconditioning, hot water, a truely full kitchen and the best WIFI connection I have ever seen in a hotel. The host, despite what a previous reviewer complained about, is extremely friendly and will provide transportation if required. He has recently installed a patio and the view of the sea is beutiful. The previous reviewer also complained about a snake. This is almost a joke, Sea View is not a two hundred plus US per night resort, but it provides and creates a truely authentic Tobagonian experience including access to the natural wonder of the island. If you come during the right seasons there is delicious fruit available from the tree on the premisis and the natural tidal pond create a natural jazuzzi.

Room Tip: Call ahead and service is great, smalls are small but all are comfortable, if possible stay on top f...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Point Fortin, Saint Patrick, Trinidad and Tobago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

this resort is very nice you could ask for a better reasonable place with everything you need for a vacation the view is outstanding and the the owner is very pleasant my husband and i stayed there for a week for our anniversary and it was great

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Trinidad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

This was the worst experience I have ever had staying in a guest house. My sisters spend time a few years ago at this guesthouse and said it was good. I went there with my husband in August 2010. Oh my my
I took the fast ferry from trinidad. We called the host to reinform him that we will be there at a certain time.
When we reached scarborough, we took a taxi to get to the guest house. The host greeted us and told us to sit outside with our luggage on a hard bench. I was veryyyyy tired, my eyes were red and swollen...I needed rest.
The host told us that we will have to wait there (outside on the hard bench) because the room we were to go in had guest who have not checked out yet. He offered to keep our luggage then. I was fumming angry. After two hours I called him to ask about the room, he kept saying 'just now' the guest is checking out soon. He offered to carry us up to fort king george for the time being. We went took pictures etc. I telephoned the host asking if the room is now available, he said no....I called him like over 5 times in two hours until he switched off his phone on me.....YES he switched off his phone. After quite sometime he came for us. I was soo angry now...would you believe over 4 hrs had past and the room stll was not available. Yes lol! I told the host to go tell the guest that persons are waiting for the room. He then finally did that and the guest came out a while later and was very apologetic. But no we still did not get the room yet, he had to take some time to change sheets, clean toilets and mop the place for us. So again we waited. Did I mention a woman with her 4 kids all seemingly under the age of 7 were renting in one of the rooms. These children were very noisy and were running all around us.
Finally when the room was ready, we went into the room, the room had the most horrible smell ever. It smelled fresh fresh fresh yuk. I soooo wanted to just leave. The bed was very small, smaller than standard size and it was a room for two persons. There also was a tiny televison in the corner of the room with cable. I must commend myself for having so much patience. When in the room we could hear the children running and laughing outside our door and upstairs...they even kept knocking on the door and running away.
My husband told the host that we will not be paying the full price for the room because of our experience. We were made to pay 2/3 the fee.
The positives about this place is that it has a nice view at the back. Theres the sea at the back, you have to go down some scary steep rocky steps to get there, we went of course. There was a snake however in the water between the rocks and the water was very rough.
I must say however the host as well was apologetic and kind to us otherwise. The room had air condition, toilet/bath, kitchen, cable. A very small neat room.
I have stayed in places in tobago subsequent to this and the room was bigger and better and cost 2/3 less. Try another option.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Willemstad, Curacao
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

if you lookin for somewhere reasonable this is the place,nothing fancy just the basic stuff but it is close to the ferry service and close to the town ..i ve been here on 4 occassions wen i just need some quiet time ..or a cheap getaway .good for groups.its like having a house to yrself .

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Twickenham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2009

The Seaview has a great location close to Bacolet Bay and Scarborough and with great views of the ocean.

The service was great and the guy on reception extremely helpful and friendly.

The only downside was security. The guesthouse is located on a failrly busy route out of Scraborough and with no staff on at night it felt quite exposed. Although saying that, nothing happened during our stay except a notable lack of sleep!

We chose it because it was a cheaper place to stay before getting up for the early morning ferry but I probably would not do it again.

• Liked — Location and Service
  • Disliked — Security
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2008

Stayed a couple of nights at the Sea View on Bacolet Street on first arriving in Tobago - the most breath taking views of the sea from the terrace, and fresh fruit for the picking in the garden. The gorgeous Bacolet Bay close by, and Scarborough town centre within 20-25 minutes walk. The rooms were quite shabby but clean, and everyone was very friendly.

• Liked — gorgeous views, lovely people
  • Disliked — sometimes no one around at the reception for hours which was a little frustrating at times
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Sea View Guest House? Share your experiences!