“A trip to Tobago is not complete without a day on Splash Sports!” 5 of 5 stars

Mt. Irvine Bay Beach, Scarborough, Tobago
868 682 2919
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Splash Sports Catamaran Cruises offers without a doubt your best day in Tobago. Our Custom designed 50ft catamaran ensures maximum space and comfort on your cruise. Best of all our trip is all inclusive so you need only walk with your sense of fun and adventure. We offer you a delicious BBQ lunch, drinks all day, swimming and snorkeling to your hearts content and not to mention the amazing Nylon Pool.
Atlanta, Georgia
“A trip to Tobago is not complete without a day on Splash Sports!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

I have traveled to Tobago several times in the past decade, often going down twice a year. I always make sure that I spend a day on the catamaran with Ellis and the crew of Splash Sports every visit. I have done day trips on other catamarans in Tobago, but Splash Sports is above and beyond in all ways! The itinerary takes you up the coast of Tobago to see various spots, stopping to spend time in gorgeous secluded Cotton Bay. Cotton Bay is a beach that can only be accessed by boat, so it feels like an extra special stop. You anchor at Cotton Bay for swimming and snorkeling while lunch is being prepared. The food on this boat is outstanding!!! The chicken, the rice, the potato salad....there seems to be no end to the lunch portions, and that's after you have been served a snack early in the trip! I have often taken a group of students on this trip, and if you know any adolescents you know they consume insane amounts of food...and they can be very picky. My students love lunch and this trip overall! There are beverages overflowing, so you never lack for hydration...unless of course you choose to only consume the spectacular Rum Punch. Ellis' Rum Punch is something magical, and I don't even like rum. At least I thought I didn't! Sodas, water, Caribs, juice. There are drink choices for everyone to enjoy. Another plus for Ellis and Splash Sports is the size of the catamaran. I have been on the boat with groups as large as 30. There is enough seating and space for everyone without ever feeling crowded. That's not always the case with other boats. I also particularly love the abundant amount of shade! There are plenty of places on the catamaran to sunbathe, but when you need a little reprieve from the sun, there are actually places to go. All in all, you get a great deal for the price of the trip. I mean a full day of Caribbean sun, snorkeling, swimming, good food, drinks, great music, island hospitality and Ellis' jokes is a priceless experience. I will always travel with Splash Sports exclusively! I recommend you do the same! You won't be disappointed!

Atlanta, Georgia
“A trip to Tobago is incomplete without a day on Splash Sports!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

I have been coming to the island for 10+ years now, and I was lucky enough to be introduced to Ellis and the Splash Sports crew on my first visit. The day trip on the catamaran was and is by far the most relaxing and fun day I have every visit. The food is delicious! The rum punch is the best...and I don't even like rum. The music is spectacular! I have also managed to see dolphins every time we are on a trip. They may just come out because I am around, but it is always very cool to see them. :) I usually go to Tobago at least twice a year. I take a group of students every March, and a day on Splash Sports is always on the itinerary. Pleasing teenagers is sometimes very difficult ,but these guys have a blast! They snorkel. They swim. They jump off of the boat...and they eat and eat and eat! I also love the fact that the Splash Sports boat is large enough to offer plenty of space, seats and shade! It is very important to have a space to escape the sun, and this catamaran offers plenty of sun and plenty of cover as well. I have actually traveled on a few of the other catamarans, and their trips are okay...but for the same price you are often on a much smaller boat with less cover, less stops and a less skilled chef it seems. I go on the trip as often as possible when I am here. I have even been known to go more than once during longer stays. The bottom line is this...do not leave the island without taking a trip on this boat!

Furulund, Sweden
“A fun tour of the western coast of Tobago, with focus on snorkeling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2010

We were picked up at the hotel at 8:30AM, 15 minutes before stated time. The driver waited patiently while we finished up breakfast and fetched our gear. We were driven for about 10 minutes to a landing site in a mangrove wetland where we were transferred to a small motorboat that carried us out to the larger boat, a motordriven catamaran with two decks. Several other passengers, about 10 and mainly brittish were brought onboard.

The captain, Ellis, who also runs the company gave us a brief introduction on what was planned during the day, and then started the trip north. The catamaran is very scarcely decorated, but it serves its purpose well. The company crew brought onboard a music system as well as food and included drinks for the passengers. Drinks ranged from soft drinks to beer and carribean punch. There was no charge for drinking any of this, you just asked one of the crew for it.

The first stop was at Englishmans Bay. This is a bay on the north western part of the island, that has a charming little reef, well suited for snorkeling. The ones that did not bring their own snorkeling gear could borrow from the company without extra charge. Some passengers stayed on the ship, catching some sun or a drink.

The next stop was at Cotton Bay, a bay that is very hard to reach by land. The snorkeling here was also very nice. The crew had prepared barbecue that was served as lunch here. The quality of the food was normal for Tobago, which is good. The beach was fantastic, very exclusive.

On the way, we were lucky and spotted both a pack of dolphins and a large leatherback turtle. This however is supposedly not something that you can count on seeing.

An unscheduled extra stop was made at Emerald Cove, which is also a charming bay on the west coast of Tobago. Some of us just swimmed around, others snorkeled.

The trip ended with some wading in the waters of Nylon Pool which is a beautiful place with dephts staying within 3 feet. The pool is quite large, more than 100 meters across.

When we arrived back at the shore, the same driver that had picked us up at the hotel drove us back there.

Now, this is not a very exclusive trip when it comes to the standard of the ship or the food, but you are sorely misstaken if you prioritize these matters before the nature experiences offered. Seeing Tobago from the sea is absolutely stunning. The snorkeling is amazing. The crew is very friendly and service minded. For the price requested (510 TT dollars) you get a six hour experience that will be memorable.