“A journey to the depths of our souls” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 94 Restaurants in Tobago
Cuisines: Vegetarian, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open verandah, canopy of stars, symphony of waves ... And just one single table for two people-you and someone special (romantic, platonic or familial). More than simply "dining", Table for Two is a multi-layered creative and culinary experience for just you and your companion. Savour a world of surprises at your dinner table-inclusive of unique vegetarian cuisine and a customized experience inspired by the essence of your relationship. Open for dinner only. Please book at least 3 days in advance and complete the questions on the booking form available on our website. Looking forward to creating a memorable experience for you and yours.
Studham, United Kingdom
“A journey to the depths of our souls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Where to begin? Many people told me about this intense and unique dinner for two that must be experienced with someone you care about, as they started to explain the concept i stopped them in mid flow as I knew deep down that this will be a journey and i didn't need to know what the road i was going to walk along looked like. Elspeth's obvious spiritual connection with her self, her unique creative flow and love blew me away with how she pieced and held together an emotional, deep and personal journey with all that sat around this perfectly situated table under the stars. Candles, Incense, fire flies and emotions where all burning through out the night whilst being guided by bespoke moments of reflection and love.

Come with a big heart and you will leave with a memory that will last a life time.

Thomas & Chantelle

x

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you! It was indeed a magical night and I was glad to be a part of it.

New York City, New York
“Awesome experience of love via Table for Two”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

From Nisha:

The wonderful things I read about Elspeth and Table for Two gave me a pretty good idea that my love and I would be in for a really unique experience.

From my very first contact with Elspeth, I was filled with gratitude that someone has dedicated time to creating experiences that celebrate and honour love. Elspeth listens. She really listens with all six senses and I get the feeling that it is the gift of her sixth sense that allows her to channel so much understanding and respect and honour into the experience that she prepares. Her wonderful, sacred energy is channeled into the mood for the night, the writing on her chalkboard, in the nourishing food that she prepares by hand, and in the activities in between courses that she creates. I was so touched by every experience that Elspeth created for my love and I in between courses. She gave us opportunities to remind each other of how deep our love is, and she gave us gifts that we could hold onto and remember this time with each other. I was amazed that she was able to take my words and wishes that were written in the booking form and turn them into moments that I will never forget; moments that my love and I will cherish always.

We were captivated by the awesomeness of the setting and view from her verandah. The magnificent sound of the ocean was on one side, a beautiful starry night was above, soft candlelight flickered defiantly in the sea breeze, and music sang to our souls in the background. The music that she chose touched me as each selection was exactly the kind of music that I feel in my being. Her sixth sense at play again. Ah! And one more very, very interesting thing. Elspeth chose a selection of surprises that lasted three days for my love and I; and each surprise included a beautiful verse from my favorite mystic poet. I never told her whose words I admire so much, but she selected his words anyway…

My love and I wanted to savor every bite and every drink and every moment of the night, so our time went well past the usual two hours. Elspeth was so gracious to allow us to stay on and to take our time with the experience and we are so grateful to her for this.

I really looked forward our Table for Two experience. I entered Elspeth’s place grateful to her for giving of her time and energy. I left that night filled with the awesomeness of love and filled with even more gratitude to Elspeth, and to all that is, for allowing her to create such experiences that celebrate this remarkable thing we call love.

My hope would be that more couples would seize this amazing, magical opportunity to have moments created that they would cherish together always.

From Ravi:

In a world that increasingly offers superficial satisfaction of the senses, it’s wonderful to be immersed in such a deep and shared experience. The thought that goes into every aspect of the evening reminds us that colour, shape, scent, feel, sound, taste and creative-expression are avenues for wonder. It's a reminder that we take so much for granted in the world around us and, unfortunately sometimes, in the people closest to us.

It doesn't hurt to believe in a little magic or the power of intuition, but you don't have to, so long as you have an open mind. This dinner is a chance to awaken from the reverie of merely existing and truly live in the moment with someone that you love. It's intimate without being intrusive and poetic without being pretentious.

And if you're lucky like me to be with the right person, there are moments when you'll listen, close your eyes and hold their hands under an open, limitless sky and become two souls forgetting and remembering, lost to time and space, travelling across the universe via a...Table for Two.

With Love & Gratitude, N&R

• Visited July 2014
Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you NIsha and Ravi for your wonderful company and appreciation on the night and now for your very touching feedback. All the best! Elspeth
Chicago, Illinois
“A Magical Sensory and Spiritual Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Table for Two is truly a once in a lifetime experience. Elspeth has an amazing and special energy, and her creativity, sincerity, diligence, and love, are a testament to her kind soul. The food was healthy, unique, and delicious. The amount of thought and attention to detail is unlike anywhere else you've ever dined. The entire meal is catered to fufill a special wish for you and your loved one, and is full of surprises. If you are ever on the island, it is a MUST DO. The experience will not disappoint and creates a memory of a lifetime!

• Visited May 2014
Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Thank you, A & R! I really enjoyed the night you two came. It was an inspiration for me as well. Wishing you continued flower blessings. Elspeth
London
“Beyond all my expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

When I booked "Table for Two" as a surprise for my partner during a visit to Tobago, what I had not expected was that is was actually also a surprise of my own...I was unprepared for the depth of the experience beyond the food!
On arrival, we were warmly greeted by Elspeth - the host/concept designer/chef - when we came inside, we were not prepared for the overwhelming beauty of the Table for Two setting. Just stunning.
Through the lounge area, onto the veranda where our Table for Two was set up. Just for us...with sparkling fairy lights, dream catcher and candles, on the backdrop of midnight blue skies, the rolling Atlantic waves and a (pre-orederd) crescent moon! Speechless as we seated ourselves!
My partner is "not one for Surprises" and when I said I had booked a special dinner & a bit of a surprise, I could see he was uncomfortable...but as soon as he met Elspeth he knew he was in safe hands, and then at the sight of the table setting, he exhaled....and continued to relax more & more into the experience.
5 specially designed courses, named thoughtfully from our advanced questionnaire - with the same thought and consideration attached to actually honouring the course names, with the preparation of the dishes themselves....each course reflecting in texture, taste and presentation, the carefully considered personal attention of Elspeth.
I hadn't even thought about what we were actually going to eat, and the cuisine actually does the concept proud too. It's not just a gimmick with average cooking...it's a culinary joy too! Prepared and served with Love as the main ingredient.
Between each course there was an additional layer of exploration between the diners, with the creative input of the host, and this added another dimension to the dining, that was an unexpected delight for us.
Elspeth is as present as you need her to be yet elegantly absent too, allowing space for your own personal Table for Two experience to develop in its own intimate way.....
The real beauty of Table for Two is the unique energy that each couple can bring, the evolving dynamic of each pair plus Elspeth, weaving their own tapestry making it hard to review in a general sense, just to say that it should be experienced first hand by anyone that is even considering it....GO and have your own Table for Two and see for yourself!!
Thank You Elspeth....I shall return!!

Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you both so much for coming to Table for Two and infusing it with your special energy...during and after. And I really value your written expression. Wishing you the best in all things. xo Elspeth
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“One of a kind experience at Table for Two.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Elspeth was a great hostess and chef! It was quite an unusual and quirky experience.

My wonderful, amazing boyfriend planned a surprise dinner at Table for Two for my birthday, but it turned out to be a surprise for both of us as Elspeth plans more than just dinner!

Elspeth is the ideal person to plan a special experience for someone you love.
We delighted in not knowing what would happen next; both in food and activities!
I don't know if she knew this but I had problems accepting the turning of age, but Elspeth worked her magic! I left very inspired.

During dinner, Elspeth was open and responsive; from talking about politics with us (what else you expect from two lawyers) to yoga!

We appreciated all the personalised gifts prepared for us... who doesn't like gifts! Also, if you are a dog lover, her dog Venus is a sweet heart!

"We wish you all the love in the world."
PS&AR.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
I love being a part of a wonderful surprise, so this was also very much my pleasure. I enjoyed meeting both of you and facilitating your special evening.
All the best.