“it was a good experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coconut Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tobago
Coconut Inn
You added Coconut Inn to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   Tobago   |
Ranked #71 of 93 Tobago B&B and Inns
“it was a good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

For my trip being the first to tobago, I choose Coconut Inn. the receptionst was very nice and friendly, she called just as we got off the boat to ensure that we were still coming to the hotel. Also she was very helpful when we checked in for not 2 persons and not 4 as originally planned. The surroundings and grounds of the hotel was very quiet and peaceful, the pool was great, the room needed a lil facelift but the a/c and hot/cold water worked great. Generally my stay was quiet good and I got more than I expected on the budget I worked with.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Port of Spain, Trinidad
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This was my first time at this hotel. It is not what i expected....definitely not a five..four..or three star hotel. The apartment was very rundown an dirty an so was the kitchen utensils, the a/c kept spilling little chunks of ice on me while i was sleeping and for the ladies there isnt an electrical plug close to the mirror to use like if u are blow drying ur hair. The only good thing i could say
was Rianna the receptionist was very
pleasant and friendly and the view across the grounds was relaxing. I would only stay there in desperate times because cleanliness is important to me

• Stayed January 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

This hotel I would say is one of the best ....... I walked from the hotel to pigeon point and I took exactly 9minutes and 24seconds and then I walked back and that was walking. Ohh and right out of the hotel like as you drive out there is all the food you need and plus to the airport is also a walking distance away from the hotel. The pool is cleaned every single day... There is actually fruit trees and two large parking lots there is also a lot of animals and wildlife. Its really nice!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Every room is good.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

the overall experience was not too bad, but renovations in some area are necessary. however customer service and room service was received and accommodating. The pool is family freindly and the out doors was very peaceful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have been staying at Coconut Inn for the past 10 years but I hate to admit that the quality of the place is going downhill. The facilities are badly in need of an upgrade, especially the pool area. The rooms need a thorough cleaning as well. The previous manager had this hotel running like a dream but the new managers do not seem to have the experience to handle this hotel and all there is to do. My biggest complaint is that the walls are paper thin so there is a lot of noise coming into the rooms. Guests are also not being told to keep the noise levels down so you have people shouting to each other four doors down, having parties in the shared corridor and basically bullying those who want a bit of peace and relaxation. The managers are not assertive enough to ask these kinds of belligerent gusts to leave the premises. I do not think I will be stayiong there in the future but I do love the grounds and the location is ideal.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

A group of us stayed here. One friend found a DEAD RAT at the foot of her bed. She was given lysol and told she could clean it if she wanted or wait for house-keeping to turn up the NEXT DAY! Another friend found two DEAD COCKROACHES under her comforter. Another had a cockroach fall on her overnight. We all had moldy, smelly shower curtains. The rags to use in the kitchen were dirty and discoloured. The broom in my room had tonnes of hair attached to it. There was a bird nest just infront of the AC condenser. Disease anyone? There were ants in my bedroom and cockroaches in the toaster. We all got wet, smelly, moldy comforters. The toilets were leaking and smelled. Some people had no water in their apartments. The pool is NOT well maintained. There were dusty fake plants everywhere. This place is nasty as HELL. NASTY to the nth degree. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Get new management for this place. That's all.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

After arriving from New York, wanted to spend a nice weekend in Tobago. Well guess what! It was the most disgusting weekend ever. First, false advertising, the place didn't look anything like the pictures. Well I stayed at the managers guess house, since its seven of us, including my two kids. House smell like urine, complain twice before someone actually came. Sheets were dirty and smell,sand on the bed, my son found someone dirty under wear under our bed,don't know how long its been there. Overall my final say is that the coconut inn if dirty.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Coconut Inn? Share your experiences!