The staff banished us from eating snacks in the lobby to maintain their "exclusivity". T&T Hyatt decided to change CORPORATE Hyatt policies and restrict their guests' freedom to enjoy the hotel amenities. I expect loyalty and superior customer service as a Platinum member . The local GM never made any attempts to contact us despite complaints to over 3 supervisors.
Customers stay loyal to a brand because we expect consistency across the world. We want to be treated the same at every hotel associated with the brand. When a company develops their Trademark and customers associate it with a high quality or high expectations, a rogue branch should not be allowed to dilute the brand's reputation.
I'm reading all the reviews and wondering why Corporate Hyatt allows the T&T staff to continue with this behavior.
Here's what needs to happen immediately:
- fire the GM (who refuses to implement corporate Hyatt policies & train staff properly)
- fire all the excess people standing around (we saw 9 staff members standing around the lobby at 1am). Clearly mgmnt can trim the fat off the balance sheet expenses. Another reason to clean house in upper mgmnt.
- retrain all staff who expects to remain employed there & teach them what "custer service" really is.
- Understand that any guest must be treated like GOLD. We pay their salaries, right! And any visitor is a potential paying customer. People will get tired of the "elitist" attitude that staff walks around with and locals as well as tourists will not patronize a place where there are ridiculous rules about not sitting somewhere or a guests friend unable to visit.
- a Platinum member should be treated as such.
- compensate guests for these inconveniences.
- Food/drink prices are too high. The hotel will have a better bottomline if locals can afford the menu when tourism is slow.
- local calls should be free or at least 1/20 of the current cost.
- Should have free wifi / cost less for business center.
- Calls to Corporate Hyatt should be free if we want to complain
- If you want to run a hotel, implement a consistent standard and REGULATE the branches to make sure they follow Corporate policies. Penalize branches that don't follow corporate policies.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad Hotel Port Of Spain
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Trinidad
- Hyatt Port Of Spain
- Port Of Spain Hyatt
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad Port Of Spain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Hyatt Regency Trinidad is a high rise hotel at the Port of Spain International Waterfront Development along the waterfront of Trinidad and Tobago's capital city. This 428 room hotel presents offers contemporary style and an comfortable luxury for Trinidad visitors. Featured in the design is a 16,000-square-foot Grand Ballroom, a 10,000 square-foot multipurpose facility, one full-In addition, a serene rooftop pool and terrace will provide a relaxing escape for business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hyatt Regency Trinidad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.