My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hyatt for his birthday. From the start to end, we were blown away by the experience. From the time we checked in, we were treated superbly. We were given champagne while checking in and I mentioned to the Agent that it was my boyfriend's birthday (which she took note of). We stayed on the Regency Club floor, which entailed luxurious rooms, waffle robes, hors d'oeuvres in the evening and breakfast in the Regency Club Lounge, and snack and drinks all throughout our stay.
The room was exceptionally clean and beautiful. It was clear that every attention to detail was made, especially with respect to the decor. A few minutes after settling in, there was a knock on the door and we were given complimentary gourmet chocolates to welcome us. We left for the afternoon to go to the LaVita Spa ( a short distance away) and when we came back, there was a platter with the words 'Happy Birthday' written in chocolate, with flowers and a slice of cake, waiting for us on the bed. That was a very pleasant surprise! (again...attention to detail.)
We went for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres in the Lounge in the night. The drinks were well mixed and there was a wide variety from which to choose-alcoholic, non-alcoholic, water, soft drinks and juices and also a lovely coffee machine. There were sufficient attendants who saw to your needs, so all you had to do was order and it was brought across to where you were seated. There were also lots of fine hors d'oeuvres from which to choose. It is especially nice being in an 'exclusive' part of the hotel.
For breakfast, you have the choice of either eating in the Regency Club Lounge or at the main restaurant. We chose to stick with the Lounge due to the excellent service and privacy. The breakfast in the Lounge is Continental style, so there is a less variety to what would have been served in the restaurant. However, the coziness was more than worth it.
We requested a late check-out, so we had sufficient time to enjoy the beautiful infinity pool after breakfast. There is a bar next to the pool, making it very convenient to have cocktails while you're lounging at the pool.
Throughout our entire stay, we had excellent encounters with staff, who were very helpful, courteous and extremely professional. The hotel is fantastic, beautiful and worth the money. The Regency Club is a must-it costs only $60 US more than a regular room rate, so it worth the upgrade. I would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone who is looking for a break from the ordinary and wants to have their senses blown away!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Hyatt Regency Trinidad is a high rise hotel at the Port of Spain International Waterfront Development along the waterfront of Trinidad and Tobago's capital city. This 428 room hotel presents offers contemporary style and an comfortable luxury for Trinidad visitors. Featured in the design is a 16,000-square-foot Grand Ballroom, a 10,000 square-foot multipurpose facility, one full-In addition, a serene rooftop pool and terrace will provide a relaxing escape for business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hyatt Regency Trinidad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad Hotel Port Of Spain
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Trinidad
- Hyatt Port Of Spain
- Port Of Spain Hyatt
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad Port Of Spain