“Great for Events and General Relaxation” 5 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Port of Spain
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Great for Events and General Relaxation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I visited a few times and its always pleasant. We had a graduation ball (teacher) at the Hyatt and we spent the night. Thumps way up to Keva Lewis the events manager, Heather a Director and all the staff that worked for in rooms 5 and 6...Thank You very much. I don't remember all the names but great job Reuben and the extremely pleasant young lady that supervised our event. The night rest was great and at breakfast our desired sauce was not available and the chef made some for us....Thumps up again for great service Keva and all the gang...we will be back

Room Tip: Select city view...At night very pretty.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here over a long weekend whilst we were in Trinidad. The service was exemplary from the moment we arrived, the guy on the desk made sure our every want and need was met. The interior of the hotel lobby, the room, and the infinity pool are modern in design and very impressive. Prices for food and drink are high but what you would expect from a hotel like this, I can say that the food was delicious though - the sushi in particular. I wouldn't recommend the spa - again very high priced but not worth it. This hotel is a great place to stay for a few nights in the city centre but not if you're wanting something very close to a beach. In my experience I have found it is also a good place to stay if you're coming for carnival as it is close to the savannah and the hotel arranges transport.

Room Tip: We chose a room with an ocean view; when you look out of the window all you can see is water - beaut...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

The Hyatt is a very good place to stay when traveling to Port Of Spain. This is the third time I stayed at this hotel. It sits on a great location in walking distance of downtown and being at the waterfront gives the hotel the extra ambiance. The staff is friendly, helpful and punctual. The breakfast buffet is extensive but not cheap. An alternative "breakfast" is the bistro in front of the dining area.
The best restaurants of Port Of Spain are not close but a taxi is a good means of transportation.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The Hyatt POS is unique, with its coastal site and proximity to the town of Port of Spain but more importantly it is the open plan entrance with its vista out to the sea which provides the setting for classy but casual entertaining and great music. Music so good that the locals gather nearby on the waterfront esplanade to try and get a free show.

Staff are very professional for a Caribbean hotel and perhaps even too officious at check in. Restaurant staff are brilliant and welcoming and even remember my name when I visit at 9 month intervals. Food is very expensive but extremely good, the sushi bar is brilliant and fun chatting tother patrons especially if you are on your own.

Poolside is again unique with its infinity view out over the bay and big comfy lounge chairs. Rooms are the best I have experienced in the Caribbean, modern ,great layout and views over the city or bay.

However its the modern approachable feel of the place and combination of modern west hotel meets the Caribbean that wins my patronage every time.

Room Tip: Go for a corner room where you can get a bay view and sneak back at the city lights as well.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a very good Hotel. The rooms are great and facilities provided are very good.

There are many subjects that need to discussed to get a balance for whether I would suggest anyone to stay here.

The bar prices are extornionate, although all the drinks are great. You may say you pay for what you get however I didn't see any gold leaf at the bottom of my glass.

The restuarant buffet is well below par for choice than what you would expect from a Hotel of this level and the a la Carte menu, athough it looks good, when you recieve the meal is at the low end of the market compared to the high end you are paying for.

The Gym is world class nothing else to say.

The pool area is really nice but again if you have food here expect to take out a bank loan for something not much better that a grill menu anywhere else in the world.

The hotel is situated to far away from anywhere else to be able to walk somewhere else for food or entertainment which I found irritating.

Would I stay here again, yes but I would definatley try some other place close to shopping and dining areas next time.

Arlington VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was my first stay in a Hyatt, and you definitely won our heart... hope that all the other Hyatt are the same. Since the moment we arrived everything as been perfect. From the welcoming at check in with the complimentary juice or wine, the agent was so friendly, genuine, and energetic. The bellman showing around was also very professional. Our hotel was very spacious, great view of the ocean, very nice amenities, bed very comfortable . We had breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the Waterfront Restaurant nearly every day, the food was very tasty, and the service was very professional, and once again the staff was very friendly and genuine. When we did not have dinner in the restaurant we had room service , very good presentation, quick delivery, and I really appreciated the person taking my order always calling me by my name and repeating the order as well as given the time that the food will be delivered. They even offered me a glass a wine because they had forgot to bring it to me. The pool is fantastic, would suggest to go early to reserve a long chair by putting hat cloth, or something. They have great fruit cocktail. On our last night I went to the concierge desk and Alicia, was great she made all the arrangement to get a car to take us to the airport, our breakfast in the restaurant was included in the rate, and because we were leaving very early I asked to see if we could order room service instead, and she was so kind she left a note in our reservation to not be charge. Usually when breakfast is included in the restaurant , they do not accept in room dining. So I was very please. Location is great walking distance to the city center, and the pier to take the boat for Tobago. Great place congratulation to the management team to have hire such a great staff. Thank you for a very relaxing time.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Immediately upon arrival you know you are at a first class hotel. The very friendly staff from the doormen to the front desk are very attentive and helpful. This extended throughout the week long stay with the staff at the bar and restaurant. The weather that week allowed outside dining which was very enjoyable in the early morning and late evening overlooking the water. The breakfast was excellent with a variety of offerings including a great smoked salmon. On an upper floor overlooking the water with a great view. This is a harbor so no beach view. Very up to date room, glass shower, very comfortable bed, typical size. Room does not come with Wifi, this is an extra. Cost was on the high side but service was excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Trinidad? Share your experiences!