Hotel Reception: Our family arrived (17 in all) and were greeted with wine/juice. Check in was seemless and the staff were very accomodating. Prior to our stay, I had emailed the hotel directly to request rooms with 2 double beds (I had made the reservation via Priceline, which doesn't allow for such requests) and with a prompt reply, I was assured that this would be arranged. Upon arrival, we all requested ocean view rooms which, again, we were easily accomodated.
The rooms were standard. The infinity pool, restaurant, lobby and outdoor spaces were all very comfortable. We utilized the services of the concierge to arrange a tour of the city and a private tour of the Cocoa Research facility. Although the concierge had scant more knowledge than we did with our guide book, he was very eager to help.
We ate at the hotel's breakfast buffet which had an excellent selection of quality local and continental dishes. The buffet dinner seemed pricey for the few selections offered, so we dined using the bar/lounge menu.
Please note that while the hotel is lovely, the city, is not. When booking our family holiday to Trinidad and Tobago I never thought much about crime, however, it's a regular part of daily life in Trinidad. The headline in the newspaper our 1st day "58 murders in the first 43 days of 2013", the next day, the headline about a "human head left at a bar". We inquired around and everyone we met seemed to have a story of a personal crime (robbery, assault) within the past week or two. We were also warned not to stray too far from the hotel.
With this knowledge, there is almost nothing within walking distance unless you want to hire a car. We tried to go to dinner and without renting 4 cabs (there were 17 of us), there was nothing in the area, ESPECIALLY at night. This is not a reflection of the hotel, and at no time did we feel unsafe there, the hotel was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Hyatt Regency Trinidad is a high rise hotel at the Port of Spain International Waterfront Development along the waterfront of Trinidad and Tobago's capital city. This 428 room hotel presents offers contemporary style and an comfortable luxury for Trinidad visitors. Featured in the design is a 16,000-square-foot Grand Ballroom, a 10,000 square-foot multipurpose facility, one full-In addition, a serene rooftop pool and terrace will provide a relaxing escape for business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Trinidad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad Hotel Port Of Spain
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Trinidad
- Hyatt Port Of Spain
- Port Of Spain Hyatt
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad Port Of Spain